Home

Passing completely broken in FIFA14

This is a discussion on Passing completely broken in FIFA14 within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2013, 10:50 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Passing completely broken in FIFA14

Tried manual, semi, assisted. Passing is broken in semi and manual. Want proof? Try passing right from the kickoff to the player right behind you, notice how it NEVER actually goes to him? It's always either too hard a pass, or goes to one side or the other. There is something broken in the passing for these past few years that has ruined the experience. And meanwhile the AI is robotic as ever, you need massive slider changes just to try and adjust their usual 95% passing completion ratings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2013, 10:44 AM   #2
Banned

Re: Passing completely broken in FIFA14

use the sliders then

i set cpu on legendary with 65 pass error and their pass completion ranges between high 70s and low 80s against me.

and i disagree about manual passing this year, it's very accurate, it even feels like there's some assistance added to it. the only thing that annoys me is when i have two players close to the pass direction and the game picks the wrong one to receive it.
Old 11-13-2013, 10:47 AM   #3
Rookie

I will try 65, thanks. What about shot error, what setting do you use?

That's what I mean about assistance, it isn't true manual, so it really messes me up. There is some sort of "assistance" that seems to mistake my opponent for the person I wanted to pass it to, and manual passes go directly to the opponent many times. That is why it is broken.
Old 11-13-2013, 11:19 AM   #4
Banned

"broken" is too harsh of a word for it, imo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrangers81
I will try 65, thanks. What about shot error, what setting do you use?
i use 54 for both human and cpu, but i play with 15 minute halves.

these are my sliders
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ary-15min.html

be aware that game difficulty is decreased the higher you set the cpu pass error at. so if you try 65 and feel the game is too easy, back off a bit.

and the passes don't mistake your opponent as the player you wanted to pass to, definitely not, lol. this isn't what i meant when i said it feel like there's some assistance. what i mean is it feels like the pass trajectory is slightly directed closer to the player of your team that is the nearest to where you aimed your pass to.

btw, i like the feel of my passes much more when the user pass error slider is set on 51 instead of default (50). go figure... anyway, worth a try =)

Last edited by Gonira; 11-13-2013 at 11:23 AM.
Old 11-13-2013, 10:25 PM   #5
Rookie

Often I find the pass going where I want to go, but switches to the wrong player while the other player watches it go by before I can change players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2013, 02:42 PM   #6
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by kddidit
Often I find the pass going where I want to go, but switches to the wrong player while the other player watches it go by before I can change players.
your passing power is probably too high. It is annoying when you need that ball to get there in a tight spaces. I feel like in this years game, the passing is very dependent on passing ratings of the players more than your individual skill on the sticks. kinda like what Gonira was saying that it felt almost like it was assisted.

I find that some players can make fast crisp ground passes and pin point lobs while other players can only give you slow ground passes and launch lobs way too far regardless of power.

The more I play, the more I feel like this year's game is getting leaps and bounds better then last year. Its all the small things I am noticing while I fine tune my game play around my squads.
Old 11-15-2013, 10:36 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeamg0dly
your passing power is probably too high. It is annoying when you need that ball to get there in a tight spaces. I feel like in this years game, the passing is very dependent on passing ratings of the players more than your individual skill on the sticks. kinda like what Gonira was saying that it felt almost like it was assisted.

I find that some players can make fast crisp ground passes and pin point lobs while other players can only give you slow ground passes and launch lobs way too far regardless of power.

The more I play, the more I feel like this year's game is getting leaps and bounds better then last year. Its all the small things I am noticing while I fine tune my game play around my squads.
Sure, your own players always perform so bad anyway, it's how EA make the difficulty higher. Good luck seeing differing ratings against the CPU, they are pretty much perfect at everything. I put pass and shot error to max, 100, and the AI is still passing around 85% in 20 min halves.
Old 11-17-2013, 01:45 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrangers81
Sure, your own players always perform so bad anyway, it's how EA make the difficulty higher. Good luck seeing differing ratings against the CPU, they are pretty much perfect at everything. I put pass and shot error to max, 100, and the AI is still passing around 85% in 20 min halves.
I've had CPU pass error at 90 since day 1 and the CPU finishes every game with a pass % in the high 70s or low 80s. The past week I've been experimenting with lowering it to 75 because the CPU is pretty much useless at passing when it's any higher than that.

Last edited by Yeats; 11-18-2013 at 06:35 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »