Home

PocketScout NCAA 2014 Webpage Creator

This is a discussion on PocketScout NCAA 2014 Webpage Creator within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 11-14-2013, 01:08 AM   #1
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

OVR: 12
PocketScout NCAA 2014 Webpage Creator

NCAA 2014 Webpage Creator

Purpose of this program:
I have played NCAA football since 98 and before that I had every FBPro Series game. During that time I have filled hundreds of notebooks with stats from my seasons. I have built various applications that go hand in hand with the NCAA Series. Playing FBPro for so long I fell in love with the webpage options that were present in the game. With NCAA 2014 being out last game for the foreseeable future I am creating a website that I can use instead of having to fill up tablet after tablet of data.

Webpage Example:
Click Here to view what your end of year webpage will look like. (v3.20)
Click Here to view what your preseason webpage will look like. (v3.20)

How to run the program Xbox 360:
Spoiler

How to run the program PS3:
Click Here for the amazing tutorial done by UCallen!

Required Downloads:
-Click here to Download NCAA 2014 Webpage Maker! v3.20 (06/15/2020)

Change Log:
(v3.20)
*Update School logos and helmets, Bowl Logos, Bowl Trophies
*Bowl Records (link)
*Various Bug fixes

(NCAA2014_Webpage_Maker.exe.config)
*Dynasty Config file allows the follow:
*Ability to change the order that bowls appear
*Ability to change starting year of dynasty. Open the file and change the value of from 2013 to the desired year. You must also change the starting year in utility.js (found in the HTML directory) when you open it change the value of var startingYear = 2013; to the desired year.

*Webhost000 support added. After much work we have been able to get v2.3 working on Webhost000. Now anyone can run the new version and post their seasons to the web to have access to them from anywhere.

*HOW TO USE
You must process you files in order. Do your End of Year file, then your Recruiting file. Archive this season. NOW CLOSE THE PROGRAM!!!! You must do this after each season you archive or your links between seasons will not work properly. Then you can do the second season EOY and REC files, Archive then close the program again. I can not stress enough that you must close the program after each season archive. If you want to create a preseason preview make a save at week one before you have played any games (you can do this in your second season on, but not your first season). When you create the report it will make a new season directory for the new year.

Previous Updates
Spoiler

Optional Downloads:
- Modio 3.0 This will be needed if you are using and XBox 360 and need to get your save data off of you usb drive and on to your computer.

I created the helmet graphics for the page a couple summers back using a personally modified template I found on the web. I have included it below so you guys can create helmets for the community. So if you use it please share your results with the rest of the community in this thread. The initial size is over 1300px to start with but need to be resized down to 350x263 for the webpage.
-Click here to Download my Helmet Template.

-To download a legit freeware copy of Adobe Photoshop CS2 Click Here. This will allow you a program to properly edit the template with.

-Copy of Skulletors version of the NCAA editorClick Here.

Very Special Thanks:
A huge thanks to Skulletor for all his time and hard work put in to making this with me. This program is built directly off the incredible work Xanathol did with his Generic EA Roster Editor. I talked to him about me creating a class that would interface his program that allow us to archive our seasons in a webpage format and he graciously gave me have a copy of his editor code to work from. Without the work he put in this app would not be possible.

Last edited by PocketScout; 06-20-2020 at 10:42 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2013, 05:57 PM   #2
Pro

RonNewman75's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: PocketScout (XBox 360) NCAA 2014 Webpage Creator

You sir, are my hero.

Mods PLEASE STICKY THIS!
Old 11-16-2013, 11:04 PM   #3
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

HOW TO RUN THE PROGRAM AND UPLOAD TO SERVER

Not knowing how much of the process you know I will just start from the beginning.

*************** STEP 1

I keep three saves for the game on my thumb drive.
* EOY (End of Year after the bowl games but before coaching carousel)
* REC (national signing day file).
* DEFAULT is the file I use week to week and do not use it for the webpage maker.

*************** STEP 2

In my webpage maker directory (this one I named it ps_3_03) you will have four files and one directory.
* All your data you make with the program will be stored in the archive directory.
* EAChecksum.dll and MC02Handler.dll are both direct link libraries that are needed for the program to run but you will not need to do anything with these.
* NCAA 2014_Webpage_Maker.exe is the file to run that will produce webpages.
* If you want to modify the adjustable parameters of the program you can edit NCAA2014_Webpage_Maker.exe.config with notepad.

*************** STEP 3

Open NCAA 2014_Webpage_Maker.exe The basic operation is as follows
* 1) File
* 2) Open
* 3) Select your EOY file
* 4) Fill Database
* 5) Create HTML Reports
* 6) File, Open, Select your REC file
* 7) Fill Database
* 8) Update Recruiting Report
* 9) Select your season name information for the season you just finished
* 10) Archive Season
* 11) Close the program

For each season you will do the steps I just went through. You must close the program after each season or it will mess up on linking between years.

*************** STEP 4

I did the steps mentioned in step 3 for each of my six seasons. Background info note: when you click the (step 3.10) Archive Season button it copies the files from the Reports directory to the folder name you entered in step 3.9 You will see in the previous picture I entered 1996 Arizona State HC 11 2 EOY, and when the Archive Seasons button is pressed it copies all the files from the Reports directory into that directory and you see it in this picture.

I started with my 1991 Buffalo season then processed the EOY and REC file, closed the program, opened again then did 1992 UL Lafayette EOY and REC file, closed, etc.... until I finished my 1996 Arizona State EOY and REC file. Once complete the contents in the archive directory is what you see now.

Keep all your previous seasons folders here and do not delete them. When you hit the Archive Season button it looks to see which folders are present, if you delete an old season folder (ex my 1991 Buffalo folder) it will remove the info from the Seasons file next time you hit the Archive Season button.

This pic is just to give you a better understanding of what is going on behind the scenes, you do not have to do any of this as it is accomplished when you hit the Archive Season button. The Seasons file is used to store the Directory and Year of each of your seasons. This is the magic file that links together all of your seasons and makes all of the Team History, Coaching History, Trophy Case, Recent Meetings and All Time Greats features possible. Looking back at step 3 when I clicked the (step 3.10) Archive Season button (when I was processing my 1991 Buffalo season) the program Appended the Seasons file with the Directory and Year of that file, then then next time I processed my 1992 UL Lafayette file and clicked Archive Season it Appended that information to this file, etc... Also every time you hit the Archive Season button it also updates the Seasons.html file (both of these files are located in the archive directory).

*************** STEP 5

Here I am in Filezilla. On my computer side (left side) I have navigated to my ps_3_03 directory and inside it I have gone to where my data is inside the archive directory. You will see I have all six of the seasons I processed sitting there (1991-1996). On my webserver side (right side) look at the Remote site: and you see I am in a directory named 1991a. This is a folder I created on my server to store all the files from my 1991 alternate universe dynasty. I navigated inside that directory and then made another directory called archive (notice the capitalization is the same for archive on my local machine and on the webserver, this is a must for linux webservers (like 000webhost) as they are cap sensitive on file paths). I then copy all the files from my computer over to the webserver. You will notice that the only one I have not sent over yet is the 1996 Arizona State folder, I copied it shortly after I took these screenshots.

You will need to get your base site setup like mine is on the webserver side. (Note you will not have the "Files" folder like mine does as I just keep things like these howtos stored in it). If you play another season and want to upload it you will so back to step 3 and load just that new season, in my case 1997 Arizona State EOY and REC files, then archive it. This will add a new folder on my computer with the season files in it and it will also append the Seasons and Seasons.html files on my computer. If I want the 1997 season to now show up on my website I will go back into FileZilla and navigate to the archive directory on my computer and the webserver and copy the 1997 Arizona State folder to the server, but I must also copy the Seasons and Season.html files to the webserver and overwrite the old ones in the archive directory.

Last edited by PocketScout; 01-26-2015 at 01:26 PM.
Old 11-16-2013, 11:27 PM   #4
Rookie

MWit28725's Arena

OVR: 5

Is this an Xbox only thing?
Old 11-16-2013, 11:34 PM   #5
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWit28725
Is this an Xbox only thing?
It appears that it can be used with both PS3 and Xbox. Just need to get your files into the MC02 format. PS3 Editor How To..

Last edited by PocketScout; 11-18-2013 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Corrected commented
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2013, 11:54 PM   #6
Rookie

MWit28725's Arena

OVR: 5

Ah, ok. Sounds really awesome. Great work to both of you guys for putting this out there.
Old 11-17-2013, 03:21 PM   #7
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

After looking around the site I came across this link for a PS3 editor. If the output is the same formatted MC02 file then it should work. If someone could send me a save file ill give it a run, or if one of you guys could give it a try and let me know if it works it would be much appreciated. Id love to have this working with both systems.
Old 11-20-2013, 12:30 AM   #8
Rookie

TheDominator273's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: PocketScout NCAA 2014 Webpage Creator

When I try to use this I get an error reading "Value was either too large or too small for an Int32" Do you have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »