Home

OnlineNation NextGen Debate

This is a discussion on OnlineNation NextGen Debate within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2013, 06:54 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Exclamation OnlineNation NextGen Debate

1st, its your boy NYCDaFuture on my bro name for a bit. This debate is for Online Gamers aka the Online Nation n SimNation All Day as Well.. We understand Offline gamers rather not play online because of terrible servers or because they rather not adjust to their random opponents who cheese etc.. Regardless I have seen here for years that ppl just say play OFFLINE. Thing is there is a lot of Online Gamers who rather just play Online.

2nd the Devs won't take us seriously if we just talk crazy etc. we have to come with good ideas to try to improve the Online Modes.

When we mention Online we are not just talking about the servers. Servers shouldn't even be mentioned because that should b without saying that servers should be working consistently with rarely network errors etc.

So what should be addressed for the NextGen in terms of Online.

1. Couple of things I would have fixed are to save playbooks to be customized for Offline/Online.

2. Online Leagues have more options for customization. Sliders etc

3. Bring Rank/ Unranked lobbies back.

4. Bring the Crew mode from 2k11 back.

5. Leaderboards back, but more competitive legit. Meaning rank wins etc goes by an Elo system 2k had in place in NBA2k8. Its about who has quality wins not who played the most games to be in the top 100.

6. Online Association

7. Spectator Mode

8. An NBA 2k quick match Season Online (kind of like how da other company has it) have prize tournaments etc.

9. Team Up Leagues

Add your own etc

#OnlineNation #SimNation
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2013, 07:05 PM   #2
Cheeseproof.com

quehouston's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: OnlineNation NextGen Debate

I want 2k11 style leagues back, with the website support. Nothing was cooler than hopping on the website and checking out stats, posting story lines, or making trades. Thats was one of the 2ks most innovative and intuitive online features ever. It gave leagues longevity, and kept them from become stale. They even had leaderboards for the hottest/most active leagues on each system, which created traffic. So whenever someone dropped out or got kicked there were plenty of reserves there to hop in and take over. I was involved in a sim league that went on for 6 or 7 seasons, with 30 active players. It would be nice to have all those features back on Next Gen.
@_quehouston and @cheeseproof
Old 11-25-2013, 07:34 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by quehouston
I want 2k11 style leagues back, with the website support. Nothing was cooler than hopping on the website and checking out stats, posting story lines, or making trades. Thats was one of the 2ks most innovative and intuitive online features ever. It gave leagues longevity, and kept them from become stale. They even had leaderboards for the hottest/most active leagues on each system, which created traffic. So whenever someone dropped out or got kicked there were plenty of reserves there to hop in and take over. I was involved in a sim league that went on for 6 or 7 seasons, with 30 active players. It would be nice to have all those features back on Next Gen.
Online Association was 10x better. I hated Online Leagues because you had to have every team have a user to play every game. It wasn't fun. I like being able to the computer and my friends in an OA.
Old 11-25-2013, 07:43 PM   #4
Cheeseproof.com

quehouston's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicFan4Life
Online Association was 10x better. I hated Online Leagues because you had to have every team have a user to play every game. It wasn't fun. I like being able to the computer and my friends in an OA.
The only reason I disagree is because of how buggy OA always was. If OA's issues were addressed and it had the website support, It would have been great.
@_quehouston and @cheeseproof
Old 11-25-2013, 07:43 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm ok with either leagues or. OA. I'd prefer OA IF it were fully functional. Either way it goes, we NEED to be able to customize it to our liking. I would like to play 10-12 min qtrs and I've been apart of a gaming community in which we have competed in sim leagues together on longer qtrs to create more realistic box scores, and stats, etc. it's a real shame we can't do that now on next gen! We all feel like we wasted our money on a game that isn't catered to our liking. I also want lobbies back, getting rid of that was just idiotic and unjustifiable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2013, 07:47 PM   #6
Rookie

DaOne2120's Arena

- Fix the issue with me getting a random playbook when I play online

- Stop letting spamming the steal button be effective online

- Make zone defenses have there real life weaknesses

- Give us lobbies
Old 11-25-2013, 08:53 PM   #7
Rookie

I'm on PS4 and I can't even get an online game in. I go to quick match and it will say "searching for opponent" forever. When it does finally connect with someone its so lagged out that the "waiting for opponent" screen comes up. I don't like to play against the A.I. I'm trying to find out if this is an isolated incident or is everyone on PS4 having these issues.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:34 PM   #8
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpyface
I'm on PS4 and I can't even get an online game in. I go to quick match and it will say "searching for opponent" forever. When it does finally connect with someone its so lagged out that the "waiting for opponent" screen comes up. I don't like to play against the A.I. I'm trying to find out if this is an isolated incident or is everyone on PS4 having these issues.
Same problem im having on the xbox one so I think its on 2k's end. Worst online game ever. Feel like I should be getting a refund.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »