Home

Next Gen core engine is the same

This is a discussion on Next Gen core engine is the same within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 12:24 PM   #1
Pro

FinnZzgo's Arena

OVR: 11
Next Gen core engine is the same

After playing over 100 games,I can pretty much tell that the core game engine is still the same.EA keeps adding on these layer engines over the same old core.It feels better but still robotic and stale.It should of been built from the ground up.Your thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2013, 12:33 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Next Gen core engine is the same

Absolutely agree. Its what I expected from EA, but i kept hoping my expectations would be wrong. Look up the word "Disappoining" in the dictionary, and youll see the EA logo next to it. At my age, im running out of time for next generation consoles, and Madden Football. The only thing more disappointing then EA, is my Chicago Cubs.
Old 12-07-2013, 12:42 PM   #3
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

You could say the same thing about NBA2k14, and will probably be able to for The Show. What's your point?
Old 12-07-2013, 12:55 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
You could say the same thing about NBA2k14, and will probably be able to for The Show. What's your point?
What's your point? Don't get so defensive.

I hate basketball, but picked up NBA2k14. I also bought Madden. I'm much more into football. After spending about 20 hours on both games, Madden feels broken to me and NBA2k14 I can get through games without it feeling broken (the gameplay feels smooth, and the small things are nice). NBA resembles what you see on TV. Madden couldn't be further than what I see on TV on Sundays. MLB The Show plays a great simulation ballgame. Not even on the same wavelength as those two titles, since you brought it up.
Old 12-07-2013, 01:14 PM   #5
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

2K Sports Baseball on the 360...

*shudders*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2013, 01:47 PM   #6
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by The7LiterWizard
What's your point? Don't get so defensive.

I hate basketball, but picked up NBA2k14. I also bought Madden. I'm much more into football. After spending about 20 hours on both games, Madden feels broken to me and NBA2k14 I can get through games without it feeling broken (the gameplay feels smooth, and the small things are nice). NBA resembles what you see on TV. Madden couldn't be further than what I see on TV on Sundays. MLB The Show plays a great simulation ballgame. Not even on the same wavelength as those two titles, since you brought it up.
I think you need to lookup the definition of "defensive". Nothing I said was remotely defensive.

Your other points are all fine and dandy and I generally agree with you, but they are simply opinions and they really don't have anything to do with the original point of the thread. You're shifting topics in order to try to counter my point, which essentially proves my point.
Old 12-07-2013, 01:58 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

There is no such thing as an engine "built from the ground up". Next gen madden is a modified engine, Nba is a modified engine. So on and so forth.
Old 12-07-2013, 04:39 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnZzgo
After playing over 100 games,I can pretty much tell that the core game engine is still the same.EA keeps adding on these layer engines over the same old core.It feels better but still robotic and stale.It should of been built from the ground up.Your thoughts?
Yep, I said that from the beginning. But this is the engine we're going to be stuck with for the next 5-9 years (or however long this gen lasts). Sad to think about, but that's the deal.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »