Home

Why no golf for ps4 this year?

This is a discussion on Why no golf for ps4 this year? within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2013, 02:57 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Why no golf for ps4 this year?

I am so bummed to be without golf next gen style this year. Hopefully we get powrstroke golf or something.

Is there any word of any goolfin' fun for ps4 this year ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2013, 12:11 AM   #2
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Why no golf for ps4 this year?

Not a peep from all the sources I read. My best guess would be EA Sports PGA Tour Golf 16, which I'm thinking will likely release in March of 2015. I wouldn't expect Hot Shots Golf for the PS4 to be that much further behind EA Sports' release.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:02 AM   #3
Rookie

It really sad news, why it is so?
Old 12-18-2013, 10:09 PM   #4
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadbeuoygolf
It really sad news, why it is so?
I really don't know for sure. I do know that Tiger Wood PGA Tour 14 sold miserably, and justifiably so. I'm not sure how Hot Shots Golf World Invitational sold on the PS3, but since we heard so little noise from it, I'd say it was under projection as well.

My best guess is that gamers are looking for golf games to make a significant advancement, yet in many ways, they've actually regressed. It's a market that's ripe for the plucking.... question is - who's going to do it? I honestly don't have a reasonable guess at this time.
Old 12-20-2013, 10:56 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
Not a peep from all the sources I read. My best guess would be EA Sports PGA Tour Golf 16, which I'm thinking will likely release in March of 2015. I wouldn't expect Hot Shots Golf for the PS4 to be that much further behind EA Sports' release.
I hope the people that are making Hot Shots for the PS4 take their time making this game. Since they normally only release one game per generation what you see out of the gate is what you get for 5 years or so. I know their style is cartoon like players but it would be nice if they would make a few players that look a bit more life like.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2013, 06:58 AM   #6
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhslancers
I hope the people that are making Hot Shots for the PS4 take their time making this game. Since they normally only release one game per generation what you see out of the gate is what you get for 5 years or so. I know their style is cartoon like players but it would be nice if they would make a few players that look a bit more life like.
Clap Hanz has made no mention of Hot Shots Golf on the PS4, which leads me to believe that they are taking their time with it. It held up fairly well on the PS3, IMO, even though it wasn't released until what - 2 years after the console's release? I'm getting my 2015 prediction of the Hot Shots Golf XX PS4 game from that experience.

I'm with you on offering more life like players, as an option at least, but there doesn't seem to be that strong of an outcry for it in this game. I'm curious to see what Clap Hanz can do with the PS4. I'm expecting an entertaining game, but not one that will ultimately satisfy my desire for a more traditional, realistic golf game... like the one I'd hoped Tiger Woods PGA Tour would eventually become.
Old 12-25-2013, 09:50 AM   #7
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

I too would like more realistic golfers but I'd be happy none the less as I feel HSG has been the better golf game over TW.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 12-30-2013, 01:38 AM   #8
Banned

If you are clamoring for Hot Shots golf, Powerstar Golf on the XBO is a great substitute.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »