Home

On-ball Defense Online

This is a discussion on On-ball Defense Online within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2013, 03:14 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
On-ball Defense Online

I consider myself to be a pretty solid on-ball defender in online ranked for both 2K13 and 2K14 on the XBOX 360. However, I cannot play on-ball defense in next-gen 2K14 on the XBOX ONE. Defenders in this game cannot change direction quickly enough, thus making it extremely difficult to consistently stay in front of the ball handler. When a ball handler moves to the left, I can mirror him on defense. The issue is, the ball handler is able to fluidly move to the right, while the defender cannot.

This is a huge issue and makes playing defense online nearly impossible. It's extremely frustrating and it's something that needs to be addressed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2013, 12:57 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: On-ball Defense Online

i would guess the input lag plays a factor in trying to play on ball defense online. Im sorry but we just need to face it that 2k left us online players out in the dry this year on next gen. I understand exactly where u are coming from tho because i find it hard to play on ball defense online as well and I'm on ps4.
Old 12-15-2013, 01:02 PM   #3
Cheeseproof.com

quehouston's Arena

OVR: 14

Its definitely the lag. Offline I'm fine, but online is nearly impossible to play good on-ball D consistently.

I'm just trying to figure out how 2k has completely ignored the server issues they've had for YEARS.
@_quehouston and @cheeseproof
Old 12-15-2013, 02:16 PM   #4
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

It's the input lag. I don't even play this game anymore because I'm mainly an online gamer. But the input lag makes playing on-ball defense impossible and there's no point in me playing if I'm gonna let the CPU do everything.

2K14 has been the biggest letdown on the next-gen so far for me. I used to play it on current gen everyday, now I don't even touch it on next gen. smh.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 12-15-2013, 02:22 PM   #5
Rookie

Good to hear I'm not alone on this issue. I've played several games offline vs the CPU and have no issues playing on-ball D. Whenever I play online it's so infuriating because I cannot move my defender left and right fluidly. Never really had this issue in 2K13 or even 2K14 on the 360.

This game is a huge letdown for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2013, 02:27 PM   #6
Kyy
Rookie

Kyy's Arena

Yeah... this is probably my current biggest issue with any type of online play. I mainly roll with The Park (I enjoy playing with my player opposed to a team mainly) and it's the same story. No defense, you got 65's out there crossing you because the input lag is so bad that you cannot react in time.

As for the ball-handler, they're not fluid either. They have the lag as well it just benefits them because you think they're going left but truthfully they are going to cut right as soon as the lag kicks in. Obviously you can't respond in time and bam.. easy bucket.
Old 12-15-2013, 02:33 PM   #7
Rookie

Here's a question: I'm not too knowledgeable about these topics, but is this something that can be addressed in a large patch or is this an issue that can only be fixed in a brand new game, say next year with 2K15?
Old 12-15-2013, 02:44 PM   #8
Kyy
Rookie

Kyy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya boy hollywud
Here's a question: I'm not too knowledgeable about these topics, but is this something that can be addressed in a large patch or is this an issue that can only be fixed in a brand new game, say next year with 2K15?
Not a developer myself but I would go on a limb and say we won't see it even beyond 2k15. I mean, I think 2k is an amazing studio. They do some great work without any doubt. That being said as we all have seen they aren't known for fixing on what they make.

They'll either not fix it and make fake promises to fix it next year or they'll just remove the mode and give us yet another online mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »