Home

2K's Response to My VC Complaint

This is a discussion on 2K's Response to My VC Complaint within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-27-2013, 04:25 PM   #1
Rookie

muktownballer33's Arena

OVR: 5
2K's Response to My VC Complaint

Hey guys, a few weeks back I wrote a complaint to 2K about how VC has ruined 2K14 for me. It seems to me that the majority opinion here on OS is that 2K has gone overboard with their implementation of VC into this year's title. To me not being able to access simple features like rotation management in a game I already spent $60 on is a crime against the very fabric of gaming. After finally receiving a response yesterday I figured I'd let you guys see for yourselves exactly what 2K thinks of their most dedicated customers.

Here is my initial email:

Dec 15 12:57

As a customer for almost a decade now, I am insulted by the way VC has been shoved down my throat with the PS4 copy of NBA 2K14. After months of excitement leading up to its release, I ended up spending $60 on an incomplete product that requires me to invest even more of my hard earned money to unlock even the most basic features. I used to consider NBA 2K one of my favorite games and eagerly anticipated its release every year as the quality of your product was well worth my investment. This is no longer the case.

Until it is fixed I will be no longer be supporting any of your products, now or in the future.

Sincerely,

Kevin

And here is 2K's response:

Erick G., Dec 26 21:31:

Hello Kevin

Thank you for contacting 2K support.
We are very sorry that you are unhappy with VC in NBA 2k14.
VC is not required to play the game. You can gain VC by playing.

Best regards

Erick

So there you have it. I'm not one to come on OS to complain about every game that doesn't live up to my expectations. For the most part, I try to take the positives from each game and make the best of it, but it's beyond me how 2K can look at this final product and not see how substantial amounts of VC is REQUIRED to enjoy every mode.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm not dropping another penny on future NBA 2K titles if this isn't addressed. It makes me sad because this was far and away my favorite sports franchise as a kid. The initial $20 price point and their dedication to quality showed just how much they cared about the product they were giving to their customers. This no longer seems to be the case.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2013, 04:39 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: 2K's Response to My VC Complaint

Keep VC to MyCareer and MyTeam. MyGM does not need that nonsense.
Old 12-27-2013, 04:43 PM   #3
Banned

It's bad that you have to pay for VC.
Old 12-27-2013, 04:47 PM   #4
Rookie

I don't know why people are complaining so much about VC. Given, I've only played MyCAREER, but after 1 full season of playing, taking advantage of the 2k14 App, and looking out for Locker Codes... My player is an 87 overall.

Play the game, and if you don't have time to invest in the game, you have the option to make it easier and purchase VC. Don't see any significant problems with that.

Now if only the servers were consistent...
Old 12-27-2013, 04:52 PM   #5
Rookie

dvazquez190's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsimons
I don't know why people are complaining so much about VC. Given, I've only played MyCAREER, but after 1 full season of playing, taking advantage of the 2k14 App, and looking out for Locker Codes... My player is an 87 overall.

Play the game, and if you don't have time to invest in the game, you have the option to make it easier and purchase VC. Don't see any significant problems with that.

MyCareer isn't the problem. The complaint comes mostly with MYGM. Although paying 1200 VC for a headband in MYCareer is a Joke.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2013, 04:57 PM   #6
MVP

They should give every user about 10,000 in VC when starting a new Career/GM/myTeam. Either that, or don't make changing lineups, rotations, firing coaches, cost any VC.

I hate saying this, but I was forced to buy more VC for myGM so I could not only keep the owner happy (creating and upgrading facilities for the 'bottom line') and to also keep my players healthy. (The first two seasons my star players only played 30 some games... too many 1-2 weeks injuries for the whole team overall anyway)
Old 12-27-2013, 04:57 PM   #7
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsimons

So you're the one who got the app to work!

Old 12-27-2013, 05:01 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
So you're the one who got the app to work!

haha kind of. The 0 scores are kind of annoying for the You Pick. But the VC Lottery works every time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »