Home

EASHL: strength or balance

This is a discussion on EASHL: strength or balance within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-27-2013, 06:44 PM   #1
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

OVR: 3
EASHL: strength or balance

So I know in 13 many people believed that balance was useless and strength was much more effective when it came to helping a player not go to the ice when being checked. But what is the general consensus this year? Do you guys believe that balance is useless or does in fact play a pivotal role in not finding yourself on the ice every hit?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2013, 09:02 PM   #2
Rookie

Garism's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: EASHL: strength or balance

My biggest problem is that being checked a little bit, my guy loses the puck. I have high 80's on puck control, mid 80 in balance, and high 60's in strength and yet from a small bump i lose the puck.

If someone lines me up perfectly, I will still get dropped on the ice. A lot of the times my guy will go on his knees; losing the puck.

I haven't tried having high 80's on strength with a low balance. Too lazy to reapply all my stats. I would like the answer as well as for strength vs balance.
Old 12-28-2013, 11:26 AM   #3
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

IMO both of these mean nothing in general..

if you wanted a harder shot, sure strength does help with that. depends on your play style though and where you shoot from etc.

i dont waste any points in either of these though..
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 12-29-2013, 03:26 AM   #4
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

Well surely strength means something for hits/collisions and I'm willing to bet it plays a factor when locked up with a defender in front of the net
Old 12-29-2013, 09:29 PM   #5
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

i have nothing in checking, aggressiveness, strength, balance and i run people. 5'10 175.

the game is a joke with attributes!
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2014, 01:14 AM   #6
MVP

Cletus's Arena

OVR: 15

My Playmaker builds have 90 strength Acceleration and Speed. 75 balance 80 strength and I have no problem holding on the puck when I should. I have always kept balance at 75 at the least. 13 inch skates also help a lot.
Old 01-05-2014, 10:27 PM   #7
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus
My Playmaker builds have 90 strength Acceleration and Speed. 75 balance 80 strength and I have no problem holding on the puck when I should. I have always kept balance at 75 at the least. 13 inch skates also help a lot.
as a playmaker you're able to get both those up that high? What do you have your endurance at. I always roll with 85 endurance. I feel like my guy never tires out with 85 so I see no need to go any higher.

right now I am a superstar 3. I have balance and strength about even with like 74s. I play as a two way forward because I play as a center and I am really enjoying this build I have now. I think the strength and balance boosts really help with keeping my player upright when getting hit by other players (besides the one who make their players 6'6 and dump all their points into checking obviously). that coupled with 90 puck control and my guy has escaped from crowded areas with the puck still on his stick multiple times
Old 01-05-2014, 11:36 PM   #8
MVP

Cletus's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo COP
as a playmaker you're able to get both those up that high? What do you have your endurance at. I always roll with 85 endurance. I feel like my guy never tires out with 85 so I see no need to go any higher.

right now I am a superstar 3. I have balance and strength about even with like 74s. I play as a two way forward because I play as a center and I am really enjoying this build I have now. I think the strength and balance boosts really help with keeping my player upright when getting hit by other players (besides the one who make their players 6'6 and dump all their points into checking obviously). that coupled with 90 puck control and my guy has escaped from crowded areas with the puck still on his stick multiple times
I have a +12 on acceleration and speed. I have a +7 on strength and I think a +7 on agility. My endurance is 85. I also have a Legend 2 card.

Speed also has a lot to do with balance. If you have a full head of steam and get hit on your side you can usually escape. There's been plenty of times I've gotten by guys who thought they had me lined up along the boards by holding protect puck.

Here's another tip, Hand Eye helps with stick checking. I can forecheck like a beast with my 85 stick check and 90 hand eye playmaker. Also, the attribute effect slider for online play seems to be set at 5, which means the biggest difference in attributes are for anything 90 plus. This makes that extra 5 point jump from 85 to 90 critical. That's not completely set in stone, but it's what I've noticed with my EASHL player.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »