Home

Players overall goes down after auto-progression?

This is a discussion on Players overall goes down after auto-progression? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2013, 03:43 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Players overall goes down after auto-progression?

So I'm in week 3 of my Rams franchise, and I decided to upgrade some of my players using the auto-progression, since it's so tedious otherwise. Most players went up or stayed the same (including Robert Quinn going from 79 to 86 ), however, some players decreased. Chris Long went from 82 to 79, and both my SS dropped by more than 5. : Does anyone know the reason for this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2013, 05:23 PM   #2
Pro

DevSwerve's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Players overall goes down after auto-progression?

Maybe they're regressing becauseof old age

Sent from my HP 7 using Tapatalk
Old 12-31-2013, 07:35 PM   #3
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: Players overall goes down after auto-progression?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepGoinLeft
So I'm in week 3 of my Rams franchise, and I decided to upgrade some of my players using the auto-progression, since it's so tedious otherwise. Most players went up or stayed the same (including Robert Quinn going from 79 to 86 ), however, some players decreased. Chris Long went from 82 to 79, and both my SS dropped by more than 5. : Does anyone know the reason for this?
I don't know why they'd decrease if you didn't change schemes or anything.

I will say, though, that I don't think XP has to be tedious. I only upgrade those players that are above 10k and I always do the packages the first season (eats up XP quickly). That way I only have to upgrade a handful of players each week. Starting season 2 (whether season 2 of CCM or just 2nd season with my team) I still stick to the 10k+ rule and I usually pick 2 attributes to upgrade once they hit 10k. I spend it all on just those 2 things. Next time that player hits 10 I pick 2 more attributes to upgrade. I never upgrade more than 6-8 players at once and I'm usually kind of excited to see them play after a huge jump in block shedding or play recognition or catching or whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 01-01-2014, 03:24 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 1

i've paid close attention to this issue.

every off season, many of my players see there OVR rating drop. maybe by as much as 7 or 8 points. even players in their prime.

then, by the end of the following preseason, they've returned to the previous higher OVR ratings
Old 01-01-2014, 03:44 PM   #5
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajra21
i've paid close attention to this issue.

every off season, many of my players see there OVR rating drop. maybe by as much as 7 or 8 points. even players in their prime.

then, by the end of the following preseason, they've returned to the previous higher OVR ratings
Incorrect. Production is a component of OVR and resets after each offseason, therefore dropping the OVR of players who were highly productive in the previous season.

This means that OVR will rise steadily for high performers during a season and then return to the "true" OVR in the preseason. The preseason OVR is the real OVR rating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2014, 07:29 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
Incorrect. Production is a component of OVR and resets after each offseason, therefore dropping the OVR of players who were highly productive in the previous season.

This means that OVR will rise steadily for high performers during a season and then return to the "true" OVR in the preseason. The preseason OVR is the real OVR rating.
you say "incorrect", but what i said happened - so it isn't really incorrect.

Old 01-15-2014, 04:09 PM   #7
Rookie

This happened to me too with young guys even, although it happened without me actually doing updates to those players (I just noticed the OVR went down a point or 2).

I will keep an eye on it next time, but I have to assume it is because the production grade can also go down coming off of a bad game. (I had a game where statistically a few guys were crap)

I could also see age playing a factor. If it's not production or age, I'm stumped (but it did happen to me too).
Old 01-16-2014, 02:25 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow

Production doesn't reset. If it did every player would have the same production rating at the beginning of the year as they did at the beginning of the previous year and anybody who started as a rookie in your CFM would always have a production rating of 0 at the start of every season. I'm not sure if production ever goes down.
Overall ratings do however fluctuate based on performance throughout the year and that fluctuation is erased at the end of the year. I'm not sure why it would change simply as a result of auto-progessing but OVR ratings and how schemes/player type affect it in CFM can be fickle. I've noticed it in particular if you are looking at the maddencfm website. I've seen overall ratings change seemingly randomly but it only ever appears to be the displayed overall and not the players real ratings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »