Home

Salaries not adding up correctly?

This is a discussion on Salaries not adding up correctly? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-03-2014, 10:06 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Salaries not adding up correctly?

I just started a new franchise in owner mode, and I'm in the preseason, using the default 75-man rosters. I like to keep track of my roster via a spreadsheet, with salary information and so forth.

I have checked and double-checked, and according to my spreadsheet the total cap hit for my 75 players (it's actually only 74) should be $114.5m. However, according to the game, my total cap hit is only $106m.

Does anyone know what could be causing this discrepancy? One thing of note is that if I add up the 53 most expensive players' cap hits, it totals about $106m, but I don't know if this is the cause or just coincidence. Maybe once I cut down to 53 players it will recalculate?

Does anyone know? Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2014, 11:01 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Salaries not adding up correctly?

how are you calculating the player salaries? where are you getting the individual totals from?
Old 01-04-2014, 12:34 AM   #3
Rookie

allhailben7's Arena

Preseason or other contracts don't count, since only 53 can expect a roster spot. The game just interprets this in the offseason as the 53 most expensive.

The FA contracts are basically treated as preseason/minimum contracts until you leave the preseason with 53 players and shouldn't count toward the cap.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:36 AM   #4
Rookie

allhailben7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajra21
how are you calculating the player salaries? where are you getting the individual totals from?
These are available under Manage Roster> Salaries: if you scroll over, it shows the totals for each year in the contract.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:05 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by allhailben7
Preseason or other contracts don't count, since only 53 can expect a roster spot. The game just interprets this in the offseason as the 53 most expensive.

The FA contracts are basically treated as preseason/minimum contracts until you leave the preseason with 53 players and shouldn't count toward the cap.
this is what i was going to come back and say.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2014, 01:19 PM   #6
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

I wasn't sure where to post this...I thought someone here might be able to help.

In my CFM it shows Ryan Clady (I am in year one) as having 5 years left on his contract, but he pops up under the re-sign players menu and the negotiate option for him just popped up on my CFM menu for the week.

Is this a glitch?

If I leave it alone will he go into FA even though it says 5 years left?

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »