Home

CFM Retirements (and players returning)

This is a discussion on CFM Retirements (and players returning) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2014, 04:40 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
CFM Retirements (and players returning)

I've played 15 seasons into my Packer's franchise and some of the things that have bugged me most involve how they handle retirements.

Many players retire during their prime at a young age, whether it's guys like Brees, Peyton, Brady, Reggie Wayne; all retiring after the 1st season or in my case Rodgers retired in 2017 at the age of 33, even though he signed a 5 year extension that offseason.

I've also had some head-scratching un-retirements....Ray Lewis came back to my league in 2017 and 2020...and Champ Bailey came back in 2025 even though he was still listed at age 39 (he came back in 2016 and 2019 as well) even though would be 47 in reality.

Every offseason I average 3-5 players coming out of retirement and occasionally (in my case Jordy Nelson who retired at 34) came back 2 years later (still at 34) and ended up playing until he was 41.

I hope for '15 we'll have less players retiring so young when they're still performing at a high level...or some kind of notification during the season that tells us a certain player is considering retirement so I don't lose a 32 year old star WR like Randall Cobb only to have him come back as a free agent out of retirement 2 seasons later. The whole system seems messed up for me at the moment on my PS4 franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »