Home

WWE Fantasy Pick Em

This is a discussion on WWE Fantasy Pick Em within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-15-2014, 06:20 PM   #1
Best in the World

BDKiiing's Arena

OVR: 23
WWE Fantasy Pick Em

Standings (Points)
Majingir (738)
kingkilla (720)
JazzMan (620)
Chrisksaint (612)
bdolski (603)
almostbobsaget (589)
SoundTheAlarm (573)
Greekcian (519)
PVarck (506)
jvalverde (473)
ubernoob (397)

Scoring:
Correct PPV Match: 3 points
Raw tier win: 3 points
Smackdown tier win: 3 points + 1 point bonus for appearing in a match
Network tier win: 3 points + 2 point bonus for appearing in a match
NXT win: 3 points
Championship, Rumble, MITB win: 3 points
Championship retained: 1 point
NXT Superstar appearance on Raw/Smackdown/Main Event: 1 point

Free Agents
New Debuts and returns will be posted and available to be claimed on a first come first serve basis, but standings will be the determining factor during the first 24 hours. If someone claims someone new and they go unclaimed by anyone with a lower standing within the first day, they get that wrestler. If more than one person claims the wrestler in the first day, the lowest ranked team will be awarded the wrestler.

Rosters
1. ubernoob (Bryan, Rowan, Emma, Zayn)
2 kingkilla56 (Reigns, Big Show, Paige, Charlotte)
4 Majingir (Rollins, Big E, R-Truth, Enzo)
6 bdolski (Wyatt, Fandango, Brie Bella, Neville) Dallas*
8 PVarck (Lesnar, Ascension, Axel, Itami)
9 SoundTheAlarm (Orton, Sandow, Titus, Owens) Sheamus*
10 Chrisksaint (Kidd, Ambrose, Natalya, Balor)
12 JazzMan (Dolph Ziggler, Nikki Bella, AJ Lee, Breeze)
13 jvalverde88 (Rusev, Kofi, Slater, Bayley)
14 almostbobsaget (Cena, Ryback, Alicia Fox, Blake/Murphy)
15 Greekcian (Harper, Stardust, Woods, Corbin)

Raw Tier (3 points for a win) : Bad News Barrett, Batista, Cesaro, Miz, Rey Mysterio, Sting, Triple H, Undertaker, Usos

Smackdown Tier (1 point for an appearance, 3 points for a win): Adam Rose, Chris Jericho, Christian, Goldust, Jack Swagger, Kane, Mark Henry, Tyson Kidd

Network Tier (2 points for an appearance, 3 points for a win):The Bunny, Darren Young, El Torrito, Hornswaggle, Los Matedores, Santino, Zack Ryder, Cameron, Eva Marie, Layla, Naomi, Rosa Mendes, Summer Rae, Tamina Snuka

NXT (3 points for a win): Aiden English, Angelo Dawkins, Bull Dempsey, Cal Bishop, Colin Cassady, Corey Graves, Dash Wilder, Jason Jordan, Kalisto, Marcus Louis, Mojo Rawley Sawyer Fulton, Scott Dawson, Simon Gotch, Sin Cara, Sylvester Lefort, Tye Dillinger, Tyler Breeze, Alexia Bliss, Becky Lynch, Carmella

Last edited by BDKiiing; 04-08-2015 at 08:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2014, 06:21 PM   #2
Best in the World

BDKiiing's Arena

Re: WWE Fantasy Pick Em

I came up with this idea a little while ago and seeing the Rumble Pickem it gave me the idea to start it.And with the WWE Network coming I figured it will be easy for me to run this.

It will more or less be a pickem for PPVs over the entire WWE season, starting with Wrestlemania 30. I'm looking at having it like a fantasy league, looking at keeping it pretty exclusive with only regulars of the WWE Forum, whereas people come out of the woodwork for the Rumble pickem. I would be able to handle 12-16 participants. I figure there are 10-12 that I have reserved that I have regular members in mind of filling those spots.

Basic concept: With PPVs we will only pick the matches that are set in stone prior to the PPV going live, once the PPV starts at 7 PM Central time picks will be locked. Each correct pick will be worth 5 points.

Also for PPVs you could pick how the match ends: pinfall, submission, disqualification for an extra 1 point.

For Monday Night Raw the only match that will be able to be picked will be the main event/last match to go on, as it would be too hard to do the whole show. Those correct will get 1 point.

For Smackdown, it would difficult to do with it being pretaped, so the only prediction will be matches announced on Raw that will be done on Smackdown, those will need to be in before the tapings on Tuesday, so by 4PM Central Time on Tuesday afternoon, I'll say. Each correct pick will be 1 point.

The last possible situation is debuts or returns, you can predict a debut or return, which is good for 2 weeks. For example at the beginning of May I could predict that Sami Zayn will be debuting or Hulk Hogan will be returning, and for me to get the points it would need to happen in a 2 week span. Correct predictions will be worth 15 points.

To avoid from people always throwing out a prediction every two weeks, incorrect predictions will lose 10 points.

Last note on debuts/returns are if I see your prediction on a dirt sheet prior to your prediction it will not count. I read the dirt sheets often, so I will know if you saw it online.

This can continue to evolve and have stipulations added. Just looking to see who is interested. Those joining will be up to my digression, as you need to be a regular on the WWE Forum. I have an idea of who would join, so spots will be reserved for those who I think would join. This league would start at Wrestlemania, as that is the start of the WWE season.

Old 01-15-2014, 06:35 PM   #3
# The No Movement!

Mr2Nice's Arena

OVR: 22

I'm down if you have a slot open
Old 01-15-2014, 07:00 PM   #4

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

I'd consider it
Old 01-15-2014, 07:42 PM   #5
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

I'd be interested just have to make sure I keep up on the SD part of things
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2014, 07:53 PM   #6
2014 Dodgeball Champion.

almostbobsaget's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm in.

And stuff.

Edit: A potential better/easier way to do Raw and Smackdown is to have everyone pick 5 wrestlers who will be "winners" before the beginning of Raw each week and the method of winning and score it that way. You could even tier the wrestlers into categories:

Lower Card (5 points)
Mid Card (3 points)
Upper Card (1 point)
Tag Team. (2 points)

This way if someone keeps picking John Cena every week because they know he will appear they won't get as big of a payoff as picking Zack Ryder to win via submission on Raw and Tyson Kidd to win on Smackdown.

It might be easier on you to keep track. ( especially if you're not able to be present for predictions) and will add a bit of a wildcard to the equation.

Just a thought.

Last edited by almostbobsaget; 01-15-2014 at 08:03 PM.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:29 PM   #7
Best in the World

BDKiiing's Arena

I'm only doing 1 raw match and only SD if advertised on raw. That's it. If a PPV match is really big then maybe give it more points. Depends what it is.

Chris, it would just be if it's set up/announced on raw. So like NAO vs. Goldust/Rhodes was announced on raw this week and taped yesterday, you could pick a winner right when it's announced.

Old 01-15-2014, 09:00 PM   #8
Best in the World

BDKiiing's Arena

Also if there's anyone that I talk to on twitter that I don't recognize on here lemme know.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »