Home

Why Don't Guys Stay Injured?

This is a discussion on Why Don't Guys Stay Injured? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-17-2014, 11:13 PM   #1
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11
Why Don't Guys Stay Injured?

Okay guys, I need some help.

When I'm playing connected franchise, it doesn't seem that injuries end up actually working. For example, I've had players like Josh Gordon, Joe Hayden, TJ Ward e.t.c get injured, and then the game will tell me that I have an option to put them back into the game or keep them out of the game, and when I choose to keep them out for the remainder of the game, I see them back in the game the next play!

Then, I hear the sideline reporter tell me that the player's going to be out for the rest of the game, & I see him running into the locker room. The very next play, he's back in the game!

So what exactly is the problem here? Can players on your team just never get injured? For what it's worth I'm playing on the PlayStation 4. I've had this problem occur before the update, and after the patch as wel. So I don't really understandt... do I need to start a brand new franchise? Please help, this is really frustrating. 1 extra thing... this seems to only happen to the user controlld teat. It doesn't seem to be happening to my Car opponents, as their players get hurt and stay hurt.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2014, 08:03 AM   #2
Pro

Re: Why Don't Guys Stay Injured?

Its a bug.

For example if you have 2 QBs on your depth chart and your starter "gets hurt" he'll be back in the game next play. But if you 3 QBs on your depth chart, the starter stays injured. Best way to remedy this is to make sure you have the "required" number of players at each position and injuries work just fine.

I hope this makes sense, took me a few years in my CFM to figure out what was going on.
Old 01-18-2014, 08:47 AM   #3
Rookie

PioneerRaptor's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by acolbert
Its a bug.

For example if you have 2 QBs on your depth chart and your starter "gets hurt" he'll be back in the game next play. But if you 3 QBs on your depth chart, the starter stays injured. Best way to remedy this is to make sure you have the "required" number of players at each position and injuries work just fine.

I hope this makes sense, took me a few years in my CFM to figure out what was going on.
This is the same conclusion I have come too as well. I remember that LeSean McCoy was suppose to be out for a few weeks but I ended up cutting my 3rd String running back and the very next game LeSean McCoy was mysteriously back from his injury early.

I also noticed the QB thing as well as Foles kept getting hurt but he always came back because I only had 1 other QB on the roster. (Though I didn't know why at the time).
Old 01-18-2014, 09:02 AM   #4
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Its a bug.

so does this mean as long as you have each spot in the depth chart , for each position , filled in then they will stay hurt? i mean could you have only 2 qbs on ur roster and set ut punter as ur third qb in depth chart , and the qbs inj stick then? same question for all other positions..... does anyone know if this would work so you dont have to have 3 qbs taking up roster space ? i normally only like to keep 2

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 01-18-2014, 11:11 AM   #5
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

Quote:
Its a bug.

Thanks Al, but here's the one thing I don't understand.

Josh Gordon in my game got hurt. Now, I have six WR's on my roster including him on the team. It said his potential for re-injury was a medium, so I elected to keep him out the game. Directly after that, he's back in. Do I need more than six WR's on the roster?

Same thing happened with Jordan Cameron--and I have three TE's, including him.

With TJ Ward, it was different. I saw him get hurt, go out and his backup come in--for one play. But despite me electing to keep him out the game, and the sideline reporter corroborating that as he trots to the locker room--he's back in the game on the next possession.

This past game, Cameron got hurt again. This time, though, he actually stayed out the remainder of the game--which amounted to the entire 4th quarter. But after the game, I go to injuries, and he's not injured for any prolonged amount of time.

Now--maybe these guys all simply had extremely minor injuries, that keep you out only for 2-3 plays or simply our for one quarter and doesn't linger for multiple weeks. But that seems really odd, no?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2014, 11:25 AM   #6
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

well i know after reading this i check in our online league, thru all injured players who are out for numerous weeks. ALL of them have their position in the depth chart filled by a player. not all have a player at that position listed as say the last slot , but all the numbered slots for their position is filled in depth chart. before i had heard its a glitch and u needed to keep 3 qbs on roster so qbs can stay hurt, now i think its just a depth chart issue overall for any position. for what your saying pacman, sometimes a guy with medium injury u may say to keep out, but it only keeps em out until they are ok to go back n, maybe his inj was rather minor .just a thought. i do think there is something up with the depth chart needing to have all numbered slots filled for each position. anyone else got some info to verify ?mine checked out that this is correct, wondering about others

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 01-18-2014, 01:06 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

I had 3 corners and my starting corner got injured for 8 weeks he still played with a broken ankle
Old 01-18-2014, 01:09 PM   #8
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxsundance32
I had 3 corners and my starting corner got injured for 8 weeks he still played with a broken ankle
sounds like its a depth chart not being filled issue then , i had originally been told it was just qb , but i think it has got to be a entire position issue. if a position isnt filled in in depth chart, then guy wont stay hurt as he should.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »