Home

Game Play Enhancement Suggestions for NBA Live 15

This is a discussion on Game Play Enhancement Suggestions for NBA Live 15 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2014, 07:03 PM   #1
Banned

ThaLiveKing's Arena

OVR: 3
Game Play Enhancement Suggestions for NBA Live 15

Pretty much my list of improvements next year's game could use, what do you think?

Control responsiveness
  1. Every time you press a button, an action has to happen on the court. A lot of ghost fouls in Live 14
  2. Passing improvements, increase the zip of the pass
  3. Dribbling needs to be more responsive as well, switching from a crossover to blowing by your man with Kyrie shouldn’t have animation hiccups
Speed of the game
  1. Problem with NBA Live 14, the speed of the game is a lot slower than an actual NBA game. The game moves too slow, and the fast breaks aren’t true fast breaks. NBA Players have speed, and great body control, have to mimic this.
  2. NBA Players can switch speeds in seconds, have to try to mimic that
  3. Transition game in general whether offense or defense look like a “flock of birds”
  4. Tweak the foot planting tech. Pressing the defensive stance button has a good taste of what the foot planting is capable of, maybe try to implement it in all areas when the player moves. Sometimes the players feet go through the ground.
  5. Must have – Quicker in-bounding animations.
  6. Better momentum
Player movement detail
  1. Off ball movement have to have more animations. Players have to flare their arms up to get through screens, squeeze through animations, players tripping over feet etc. have to be present. Right now players just try to go to point A to point B without any purpose. Half court game is good, just needs a lot more present in order to look like real basketball.
  2. Having great off ball movement animations increase the realism of the game
  3. Continue to smooth out ALL player animations
  4. Better player celebrations after baskets. Maybe include custom celebrations similar to the NHL series
  5. Each player has to have a custom game
  6. The reason why 2K is good at what it is, each should player have moves that has been motion capped. Each player needs to be different, Live 14 had 50 players with signature skill, got to up that number by A LOT. Players that have signature skills are much easier to use, and their timing is a lot easier also.

Paint Game
  1. Paint defense is horrible
  2. Reduce strides in the paint
  3. Allow players to turn around faster to protect paint
  4. Hard fouls, hard collision animations (rag doll tech from NHL series)
  5. Better collision animations in general.
  6. It feels like there’s a force field at time when trying to grab rebounds simultaneously
  7. Allow players to spin defenders to try to steal a rebound, you seem stuck while being boxed out
  8. Weight should matter, Point Guards shouldn’t be able to bulldoze over centers
  9. Having players trip over feet in the paint, adds realism, loose ball fouls
  10. Take out that one unrealistic one handed rebound*
  11. Mid-Range game improvements, too many blocks in that area
  12. Improve rebounding logic
  13. Sometimes players stand around and look at rebounds

Cameras
  1. Cameras should have customized options. We should be able to zoom in and out as we prefer.
  2. The ESPN camera bounces up and down, no real NBA camera does that.
  3. The current cameras follow the ball too much
  4. Have more options overall, if not, allow us to customize our own camera view
  5. Crowd chant timing, try to make the crowd more active especially at the end of games. Sometimes i’d hit a game winner at home and nobody cheers

Gameplay Sliders + Game Options
  1. CPU tendencies, inside/outside game, will create balance, CPU probably won’t have 70 points in the paint if we are able to tweak
  2. Rebounding sliders
  3. Game Speed Sliders
  4. Able to turn hot and cold streaks off from Synergy, and just use player tendencies
  5. Able to save our own rosters, bring back locker room features so we can share files
  6. Have a Personal Custom Zone
  7. Abilities to save our own rosters and overall game customizations
  8. Create a player mode, custom teams

Source: http://thaliveking.com/2014/02/26/ga...4-easportsnba/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2014, 09:00 PM   #2
MVP

nick_sr's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Game Play Enhancement Suggestions for NBA Live 15

player movement and more control. just bought the other game and i'm amazed at how beautiful player movement is.

variety to dunks and alleys
Old 02-26-2014, 09:49 PM   #3
Banned

ThaLiveKing's Arena

OVR: 3

2K next year will be hundred times better. HOw they get their players to move realistically is really impressive
Old 02-26-2014, 11:02 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 0

What do I want? Seriously, I just want HONESTY and not pre game hype. I want to read about Live 15 previews and think "hey, that sounds cool" rather than be blatantly lied to. Everything they said pre release for Live 14 has been proven to be complete BS. "Built from the ground up", "hourly updates".

"I want NBA Live to be relevant to the NBA fan throughout the entire NBA season, providing data and content updates that keep your gaming experience fresh and in lockstep with everything that's going on in the real world NBA...I'm really excited about being able to update our game within an hour of something happening in the NBA. We're going to be making an enormous investment into this connected experience."

Sean O'Brien, Executive Producer NBA Live 14
June 18, 2013
Old 02-27-2014, 01:19 AM   #5
Banned

Live2K's Arena

Good list. Will take some time and commitment but I'm confident live can get there and beyond on these next gen consoles. Looking forward to major improvements for 15 now that the base is there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2014, 10:05 PM   #6
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

I want NBA Live 10s engine tweaked and polished. What they should have done in the first place. That was the best Live since the PS2 days. Remove the modes and get back to the basics for gameplay focus. Period
Old 03-04-2014, 12:29 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
I want NBA Live 10s engine tweaked and polished. What they should have done in the first place. That was the best Live since the PS2 days. Remove the modes and get back to the basics for gameplay focus. Period

Now you are talking. This is what they should have done in the first place, but they slipped up once again. Game play should have been the main focus. The game modes and overhyped bouncetek were given too much focus.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:58 AM   #8
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

i want them to continue in the direction theyre going. sports games need to get away from the animations and more into 100% dynamic movement. that was one of if not my biggest issue with live 10 and one of the things i like about what theyre heading toward with live 14.

that being said there are definitely some key areas they need to focus on:

1. cpu gameplan - in past games i have loved the ai in live games both on offense and defense. it felt like you were playing against a team that was running sets and reacted to what you were doing. this year with how much the cpu attacks the paint (specifically going to the post) is a huge turnoff. i have yet to play a game of live 14 where the cpu scored less than 55% of their points in the paint and usually its more. if they score 90 pts on me 60+ shouldnt come in the paint.

2. control responsiveness - i like that you cant change directions or stop on a dime. that is realistic. but oftentimes the responsiveness is just a little too sluggish especially in the post (both offense and defense). a lot of times it feels predetermined whether the post spin (or whatever move) will get the player by the defender or not. fast breaks are very difficult to come by because its too difficult to change direction or really get going. the steal button is also a dice roll on whether or not it will function. if i play the passing lane correctly and dont get a steal because the button didnt work it gets frustrating. especially since it puts me out of position.

3. movement speed. i like the overall speed of the game. but quick changes in speed and direction are crucial to the nba game. too often it feels like the players in live only have one speed and you cant really replicate that precise movement. quick players MUST have a more explosive first step. this could also help with the fast break issue mentioned above.

Last edited by El_Poopador; 03-04-2014 at 09:52 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »