Home

Hex Editing Thread

This is a discussion on Hex Editing Thread within the College Hoops 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2014, 05:36 PM   #1
All Star

cubsfan203's Arena

OVR: 24
Hex Editing Thread

I think we need to get on this. There's no telling what we could be able to edit/change if we figure it out. Personally I don't have a lot of knowledge with hex editing, but I did manage to find some things in a roster file.

Here are some locations of things, this was found using 16 bytes per row. Any other setting and the values will be different.

000341C0 - 000B6080 = Players?

- 003AFB40 = Names?
003B7F00 - ? = More Names
003C9260 - 003CD330 = Arenas
003CD340 - 003D5150 = Teams
003D60A0 - 003D8F90 = Cities/Countries
003D8FC0 - 003EFD20 = Name Bank?
003EFD30 - 003F00D0 = Conference Names/Abbreviations

I'm almost positive the first one is tied to the players. It follows a pretty identical theme, and there are easily over 1000 of them. This is from a roster file that was edited, so I'm not sure if it would be easier to find things with the default roster file.

I'd love some help with this from others, particularly those who have some experience with hex editing other games.

Coaching Career of Chris Matthews (CH2k8)
The Legend of Ocho Ocho
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2014, 09:56 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Hex Editing Thread

I've been curious about this, what hex editing tool did you use? I don't have much experience, but I want to try it out.
Old 03-26-2014, 10:22 PM   #3
All Star

cubsfan203's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock
I've been curious about this, what hex editing tool did you use? I don't have much experience, but I want to try it out.
The one I used is a free one called HxD Hex Editor. I think any hex editing program should be able to open the files.

The Legend of Ocho Ocho
Old 03-27-2014, 01:36 AM   #4
MVP

I'm looking through it and I found a names of coaches and the conferences, that's about it. I'm still looking, more thorough now.

Found players.

Edit: Okay from what it looks like most the the info is at the bottom, I'm skimming through alot of it. So far I've seen players, coaches (using the new roster the two created coaches from the created schools come up first), conferences, and I just hit the cities. I think the locations are different from what you've posted.

I'm going to edit a conference name an see if it does anything.

Last edited by Brock; 03-27-2014 at 02:21 AM.
Old 03-27-2014, 02:20 AM   #5
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30

I would love if someone could hex edit to fix all the coaches ratings/record/age. That would be awesome.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2014, 02:27 AM   #6
All Star

cubsfan203's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsrule
I would love if someone could hex edit to fix all the coaches ratings/record/age. That would be awesome.
The locations will only be the same if using 16 bytes per line. Anything more/less will make it different. I'm not sure if the program has anything to do with the values.

I tried editing a conference name and kept getting errors when trying to load the file, so there might have to be something else done to get it to work unless I just did something wrong.

Looking forward to see if you find anything else I missed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsrule
That's the one thing I'd like to be able to change. Editing players/ratings would probably take longer than doing it through the game, but being able to change the coaches would help add life to the game. It'd also be nice to collaborate with roster makes and edit the conference names in a way that we can realign them.

The Legend of Ocho Ocho

Last edited by cubsfan203; 03-27-2014 at 02:31 AM.
Old 03-27-2014, 04:02 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan203
The locations will only be the same if using 16 bytes per line. Anything more/less will make it different. I'm not sure if the program has anything to do with the values.

I tried editing a conference name and kept getting errors when trying to load the file, so there might have to be something else done to get it to work unless I just did something wrong.

Looking forward to see if you find anything else I missed!

That's the one thing I'd like to be able to change. Editing players/ratings would probably take longer than doing it through the game, but being able to change the coaches would help add life to the game. It'd also be nice to collaborate with roster makes and edit the conference names in a way that we can realign them.
I just realized, we're on different systems. That's why the offsets were different, but I'm guessing we have seen the same things. I loaded up my legacy file, and it showed coaches that have gone through my legacy, but it mainly showed the exact same things as the roster file. I couldn't edit the conferences. I'm not sure if you can even edit anything through hex editing. But I'll keep checking it out.

Edit:
Well this is purely cosmetic, but you can change the conferences names.
Spoiler

edit 2: Well, only for the matchup screen. Not sure, but I don't think the files we're looking for is on the userprofile, it's most-likely on the disc its self.

Last edited by Brock; 03-27-2014 at 04:26 AM.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:39 PM   #8
MVP

Here's some more screens:
Spoiler

Spoiler

Looking through the file a bit more, I'm completely sure you cannot editing attributes of players/coaches, age, years etc through hex editing, nor can you move conferences/teams around. The things you can do are pretty cosmetic like changing conferences names. If something like a reditor or the editors that are used for ncaa and madden could be created for Choops, that's the only way we can full edit, out side of the games built-in editor.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K »