Home

Who do you have trouble shooting with in 2k14?

This is a discussion on Who do you have trouble shooting with in 2k14? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2014, 11:09 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Who do you have trouble shooting with in 2k14?

There are some players in this gm who have bad releases..& its frustrating when they are open, & they have a good 3pt or mid-range rating but because their release is so bad u will end up missing the shot or u will get blocked.

for example :

eric gordon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2014, 12:01 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Who do you have trouble shooting with in 2k14?

Spenser Hawes. Cant hit a jumper with him to save my life.
Old 03-29-2014, 12:40 PM   #3
Rookie

psyberkayos's Arena

M Jordan, amazingly.
Old 03-29-2014, 02:34 PM   #4
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

Steph Curry, and it's really frustrating because he's such a good shooter. His release isn't slow or terrible (like Eric Gordon) but for whatever reason most of Curry's shots hit the back rim. I gave up on my Warriors association solely because Curry was useless for me.

I have to chalk it up to something being weird about his release, because his shooting ratings are phenomenal.
Old 03-29-2014, 06:02 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Deron Williams and Carmelo Anthony
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2014, 07:26 PM   #6
MVP

tetoleetd's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
Steph Curry, and it's really frustrating because he's such a good shooter. His release isn't slow or terrible (like Eric Gordon) but for whatever reason most of Curry's shots hit the back rim. I gave up on my Warriors association solely because Curry was useless for me.

I have to chalk it up to something being weird about his release, because his shooting ratings are phenomenal.
i use the warriors online as they are my favorite team. curry's release is very tricky and i often have games where i miss a bunch of wide open shots with him. his release is just so quick and fluid that its hard to pinpoint exactly when to let go of the button. i do also have games where he shoots lights out though, but curry is far from automatic in this game.
Old 03-29-2014, 08:21 PM   #7
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetoleetd
i use the warriors online as they are my favorite team. curry's release is very tricky and i often have games where i miss a bunch of wide open shots with him. his release is just so quick and fluid that its hard to pinpoint exactly when to let go of the button. i do also have games where he shoots lights out though, but curry is far from automatic in this game.
I completely agree. It's odd, but sometimes I make more shots when I don't have his release timed perfectly. A+ timing often hits the back of the rim, but a B- or C+ shot will swish.

What makes it even more strange, is that I tend to have more success with Curry when I'm shooting deep three pointers (a few feet beyond the 3-point line) than I do when he's just behind the line. He's tough.
Old 03-29-2014, 10:34 PM   #8
MVP

tetoleetd's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
I completely agree. It's odd, but sometimes I make more shots when I don't have his release timed perfectly. A+ timing often hits the back of the rim, but a B- or C+ shot will swish.

What makes it even more strange, is that I tend to have more success with Curry when I'm shooting deep three pointers (a few feet beyond the 3-point line) than I do when he's just behind the line. He's tough.
i constantly miss shots with him when he has a A- or better timing. idk, ive always kinda thought 2k's timing indicator was a little off anyway. maybe thats just me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »