Home

Generated Counts, HR Camera, Walks

This is a discussion on Generated Counts, HR Camera, Walks within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2014, 09:22 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 4
Generated Counts, HR Camera, Walks

Just played a game with generated counts. Here the question...To begin an inning, I was going to take Cueto out, but the generated count already showed 2-1. I took him out anyway, but the question is...how is this scored? In real baseball, Cueto is responsible for the batter. Is this the case in a generated count game??? If so, anytime you take a pitcher out to begin an inning, the count will already be generated & he will be responsible for the batter.

How do you turn the HR camera off? I hate that thing and have disabled it in all other versions, but I see nowhere to turn it off in MLB 14.

I've only played one generated count game, but the walks were way, way too high. Cardinals vs. Reds with Wainwright & Cueto going and the teams walked 9 & 8 respectively. 17 walks between the two teams. Wow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2014, 09:29 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: Generated Counts, HR Camera, Walks

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeercy
Just played a game with generated counts. Here the question...To begin an inning, I was going to take Cueto out, but the generated count already showed 2-1. I took him out anyway, but the question is...how is this scored? In real baseball, Cueto is responsible for the batter. Is this the case in a generated count game??? If so, anytime you take a pitcher out to begin an inning, the count will already be generated & he will be responsible for the batter.
Actually just had one like this myself. It looks like what happens is that the pitch count from that at-bat is wiped (or at the very least it doesn't factor in anything), and generates a new one when the new pitcher enters the game. Basically, the count from the pitcher getting subbed out never happened - that's what it looks like to me.

I'd imagine the little details like this are why you can't turn QC on/off in the middle of the game.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:31 PM   #3
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

discussed here:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ce-player.html
Old 04-01-2014, 09:33 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
I've only played one generated count game, but the walks were way, way too high. Cardinals vs. Reds with Wainwright & Cueto going and the teams walked 9 & 8 respectively. 17 walks between the two teams. Wow.
It might have been a fluke. But if you are seeing a lot of walks in your games, check your slider settings. It might not be just QCs.

I only have one QC game played so far. It was the Dodgers/Diamondbacks season opener from down under. I played the game as a CPU vs CPU game with QCs and Fast Play enabled as I wanted to see how long that combo would take to play the game (it took about 35 minutes). After review of the box score in this CPU QC game, the Diamondback pitching staff surrendered 8 walks while the Dodgers surrendered 1.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:34 PM   #5
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ce-player.html

Yep, that is how it works. Its the only reasonable solution or else every RP and PH would inherit a count. You could schedule the RP to come in that way they get the QC, right?

It could lead to you leaving in your previous pitcher to see if yu get a favorable count. I honestly would hate to encounter these situations since as a baseball player I find that a bit on the cheese side of things, but as a video game player I see that as a game strategy.

Online it could be annoying when someone decides to leave in their pitcher once they notice they got an 0-2 count, but then take them out whenever a 3-0 count shows up in thos situations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2014, 12:10 AM   #6
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:

How do you turn the HR camera off? I hate that thing and have disabled it in all other versions, but I see nowhere to turn it off in MLB 14.

Was wondering about the HR camera as well. I prefer to turn it off just like the other versions of the show but do not know how. I also use broadcast view for hitting and fielding.
New Youtube Gaming Channel -- SpicyChicharron
Follow me on Twitter
Old 04-02-2014, 04:35 AM   #7
Pro

erich20012001's Arena

OVR: 8

Just going to drop this in here instead of making a new thread regarding quick counts.

The last pitch of an at-bat will not count towards a pitchers pitch count. If I threw my 20th pitch to get a ground out, and then am generated a 2-1 count, I'll be at 22 pitches instead of 23.

I made a bug report here:

http://theshownation.com/bug_reports/10119
Old 04-02-2014, 06:09 AM   #8
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by erich20012001
Just going to drop this in here instead of making a new thread regarding quick counts.

The last pitch of an at-bat will not count towards a pitchers pitch count. If I threw my 20th pitch to get a ground out, and then am generated a 2-1 count, I'll be at 22 pitches instead of 23.

I made a bug report here:

http://theshownation.com/bug_reports/10119
I knew that was bound to happen, it does look like a bug right. But it isn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
It's in the strategy guide.

As a rough guideline, if a game would have had 145 pitches thrown without Quick Counts, then with Quick Counts on that would translate to about 75 pitches 'actually thrown' plus an additional 115 'simulated pitches' for a total of 190 pitches. As a compromise for realism, the game corrects for this inflated number by subtracting 1 pitch per plate appearance, so that a pitcher's individual pitch count will be more comparable to a regular game.

'Simulated pitches' drain less energy to balance out fatigue loss.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »