Home

Kingslayer Career Mode - FIFA 14 Player Career as Jaime Lannister

This is a discussion on Kingslayer Career Mode - FIFA 14 Player Career as Jaime Lannister within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2014, 10:33 AM   #1
Rookie

illsyn's Arena

OVR: 1
Kingslayer Career Mode - FIFA 14 Player Career as Jaime Lannister

Listen, I hate self-promotional bull**** as much as the next man. But the truth is that unless I post my video around relevant forums such as this, no one will find it amid the sea of cleavage and cat videos which is YouTube. Sorry about that.

That said, I just started a new player career mode with the particular gimmick of our protagonist being based off the Game of Thrones/ASOIAF character, Jaime Lannister. Admittedly, I'm a huge nerd and love those books, but an interest in them isn't necessary to follow along.

We'll be an attacking midfielder playing for Manchester United, who will inevitably be loaned out and have to work our way up from there.

I'm not really a Man U fan, but if you think about it, they're perfect for the Lannisters for a number of reasons:
  • Both have Red, Yellow, and a Lion on their respective crests
  • Both are absurdly wealthy
  • Both are pretty well hated by loads of detractors
  • Spoiler

Beyond that we'll certainly try to make the English national team and lead the Three Lions (also fitting) to their first World Cup victory in nearly fifty years.

That said, if this sort of thing interests you, I'll leave my link and hope that you enjoy it. Participation in steering the narrative of our player and his career via the comments section is encouraged and appreciated.

http://youtu.be/qrlXuRT2JGE
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2014, 01:01 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Kingslayer Career Mode - FIFA 14 Player Career as Jaime Lannister

Sorry to burst your bubble but that's not a lion on the MUFC crest. It's a devil. And since you're such a 'huge nerd', admittedly, the colours of House Lannister are red and GOLD. Roma would have been better, albeit they are represented by wolves (House Stark).

Last edited by indiblue; 04-23-2014 at 01:04 PM.
Old 04-23-2014, 01:26 PM   #3
Rookie

illsyn's Arena

Eh, if you insist on getting technical their other color is crimson, not red as you suggest.

But being as how the dictionary defines gold and crimson as dark shades of yellow and red, respectively, I think this is a bloody stupid ****ing thing to argue about.

I'll grant you the red devil, but if you look at the Lannister lion's posture with its tail and raised leg, the two are close enough. On the other hand, Roma's wolf doesn't make any sense, as you point out, and they lack the most important Lannister quality. Obscene amounts of money.

I'll consider my bubble's virginal innocence intact, thanks.
Old 04-25-2014, 07:50 PM   #4
Rookie

jacquito69's Arena

OVR: 2

I actually think this is a fun idea, haven't had a chance to check your link yet, but love FIFA and GoT both so a totally natural nerd thin to somehow combine them and something I probably would've engaged in one way or the other when I had more time some years back!
So keep us posted!

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Orlando Magic

USF Bulls

FC Bayern Muenchen
Old 04-25-2014, 10:57 PM   #5
Rookie

illsyn's Arena

Thanks man, I appreciate the encouragement. I've uploaded the second episode as we follow young Jaime out on loan in League One. How do you all think the new kit suits us?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A51WK0hDMyg
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2014, 04:15 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by illsyn
Eh, if you insist on getting technical their other color is crimson, not red as you suggest.

But being as how the dictionary defines gold and crimson as dark shades of yellow and red, respectively, I think this is a bloody stupid ****ing thing to argue about.

I'll grant you the red devil, but if you look at the Lannister lion's posture with its tail and raised leg, the two are close enough. On the other hand, Roma's wolf doesn't make any sense, as you point out, and they lack the most important Lannister quality. Obscene amounts of money.

I'll consider my bubble's virginal innocence intact, thanks.
Fair enough, didn't mean anything negative by it though looking back my post probably reads a bit harsh.
Old 04-27-2014, 07:54 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

If you're trying to get looks on youtube, you're going to have to learn to embed your videos on here then. Most people don't like to click on links believe it or not.

Wouldn't hurt to have less attitude towards your readers as well - just a tip.
Old 04-27-2014, 11:02 PM   #8
Rookie

illsyn's Arena

@indiblue - It's all good man, and thanks for being understanding in your reply instead of turning this into a pissing match. A rarity on the internet, it would seem.

@Matt10 - I'm not trying to get views so much as present the content to people who are interested. If one person watches that may not of otherwise due to the nature of YouTube's ranking mechanics, then this post has done its job.

The decision not to embed the videos was a conscious one, as a thread full of nothing but embedded videos (with each progressive update) can really bog down some people's machines, particularly if they're using a mobile browser on an older/lower-end smartphone. Thanks for the feedback though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »