Home

Anybody else playing the game way more than usual?

This is a discussion on Anybody else playing the game way more than usual? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 05-16-2014, 11:06 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Anybody else playing the game way more than usual?

In past years I've picked up The Show at release and played games here and there while watching more real baseball on mlb.tv.

This year seems to be the perfect storm thanks to the late release date. I got my real baseball fix and have been playing The Show with every free moment. The dynamic difficulty is really helping since the game takes care of where I should be playing with realistic results. The hitting seems to have changed to end up just how I like it and the graphical bump doesn't hurt.

All this adds up to me already finishing 57 full games so far, which is really high for me. Do I just have a Show addiction or are you guys finding the same?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2014, 11:29 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Anybody else playing the game way more than usual?

I'm new to the MLB series. The game is fantastic. I find myself playing it WAY too much. Although I am a baseball fan, I never played or cared much about baseball video games. I originally bought it just because the graphics looked great and I wanted to experience it.

I thought for sure I would play a few games and get bored and sell it. Boy was I wrong. I am totally addicted to RTTS. The incentive system is great, driving me to play well so I can earn training points and improve my player, then starting the next game, rinse and repeat over and over.

Between the addictive incentive system and game play, and the incredible graphics and job the developers did capturing all the nuances of baseball this game has been almost impossible to put down.

I keep wondering to myself if EA can pull of this level of quality with NHL 15. That would be awesome!
Old 05-16-2014, 11:31 AM   #3
Forever A Legend

24's Arena

OVR: 22

I've actually been playing the game less than normal. It's out of choice since I refuse to start a Franchise without the Hybrid rosters, and that's where I log the majority of my game time.

I have however played quite a few exhibition games and been having a great time with them. I can definitely see myself playing more as soon as I start my franchise.

Old 05-16-2014, 11:32 AM   #4
Rookie

knick9mm's Arena

OVR: 5

I definitely am. Same with NBA 2k14. Seems like next Gen sports game are really luring me in

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Old 05-16-2014, 11:36 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24
I have however played quite a few exhibition games and been having a great time with them. I can definitely see myself playing more as soon as I start my franchise.
This is what I've been doing. I wanted to give the dynamic difficulty a large sample size so it's locked in right where it should be when I start my franchise. The exhibition games have been great with a lot of variety. If it continues into the franchise I'll be a happy man.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2014, 12:15 PM   #6
Rookie

I've definitely not played as much as I'd like, but busy with kids, wife, career, etc. However, when I do play I typically have a game on my iPad via the MLBTV app. I've also not played too many games with just the same team, eventually I will start a franchise, but for now I'm playing with a lot if different teams to experience their respective ballparks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-16-2014, 12:23 PM   #7
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdeszcz
I've definitely not played as much as I'd like, but busy with kids, wife, career, etc. However, when I do play I typically have a game on my iPad via the MLBTV app. I've also not played too many games with just the same team, eventually I will start a franchise, but for now I'm playing with a lot if different teams to experience their respective ballparks.
That's pretty much the same boat I'm in. I don't have a ton of spare time due to family commitments but I do love checking out all of the ballparks. They're amazing.

Also, I picked up an At Bat sub for the first time this season, which is eating up a lot of my TV time.

At Bat + The Show = baseball magic.
Old 05-16-2014, 01:20 PM   #8
Rookie

I seem to be playing the game exactly as much as I think I should. My wife however, thinks I am playing WAY too much!

RTTS is funny because it moves the games along very fast but that doesn't shorten the time I play Instead of playing one full 9 inning game at a time I play 9 RTTS games!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »