Home

Something Definitely FUBAR With Baserunning

This is a discussion on Something Definitely FUBAR With Baserunning within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2014, 11:12 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 4
Something Definitely FUBAR With Baserunning

I have seen various complaints about baserunning. I see a lot of people telling the folks doing manual baserunning to switch to auto and it will solve their problem. However, that is far from the case.

I am 20 games into the season with the Reds, and I have had numerous baserunning issues on auto. Brandon Phillips has been picked off five times the Sphar. Four at first base and one at second base. Baserunners no longer tag and go from second to third on deep fly balls even if they are to the right field wall. I even lost a game the other day with bases-loaded and no outs when everyone decided to steal and the runner was out going from third to home by about 60 feet. I did not hit any buttons at all and in fact was going to take the first pitch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2014, 11:41 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Something Definitely FUBAR With Baserunning

I can sympathize with your frustration with auto-baserunning. It's pretty riduculous, especially the pick-off success rate. I think that the rate of pick-off attempts are overblown (the rate of attempts seems accurate to me compared to RL) but the CPU is too damn good at getting runners.

I would suggest trying manual baserunning with the Default controls (i.e. not classic because classic sucks). I've switched to it about fifteen games ago, and have not run into any major hiccups (other than sometimes messing up the buttons when I've got the bases loaded), and though its a small sample size, there are a lot fewer pick-off attempts and successful pick-offs by the CPU.
Old 05-19-2014, 02:28 PM   #3
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

The biggest issue I have had is the baserunner aggressiveness. Every game, I mean EVERY game there is at least one runner thrown out at home when they should not have even attempted to go home. Some are close plays, but some are not even close where the catcher has the ball and just waiting for the runner to come at him.

BR aggressiveness attribute doesn't help cuz I see guys do this with that attribute set at zero. I assume this can be patched??
Old 05-19-2014, 05:49 PM   #4
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeercy
Baserunners no longer tag and go from second to third on deep fly balls even if they are to the right field wall. .

Yeah they do. I just think it depends on the runner. They used to send everybody and guys would be thrown out all the time, this year I have not had one guy thrown out because they only tag with fast runners. At least that is what I have seen so far.
Old 05-20-2014, 07:15 AM   #5
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

Baserunning hasn't been right since 2012. As bad as I hated to do it I had to turn fielder arm strength all the way down to keep so many runners from getting thrown out atthe plate. I hate it because now the fielders look like they are tee ball players trying to throw the ball to the infield. That's the only way I could stop everyone trying to score from 2nd from getting thrown out though.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2014, 12:44 PM   #6
Rookie

Guccilafluer's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm still frustrated with trying to slid into home. Every single time my guys do that stupid head first dive to the side and are out. A foot first to the side would be safe every time but apparently I'm not doing it right or something with the right thumbstick
Old 05-22-2014, 04:52 AM   #7
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
Baserunning hasn't been right since 2012. As bad as I hated to do it I had to turn fielder arm strength all the way down to keep so many runners from getting thrown out atthe plate. I hate it because now the fielders look like they are tee ball players trying to throw the ball to the infield. That's the only way I could stop everyone trying to score from 2nd from getting thrown out though.
Thats odd, cause I actually turned arm strength up to 7 because I felt there wer to many IF hits, because of weak arm IF'ers, I also put reaction time up to 7 as well. I think I have fielder speed at 2.

I dont see any unrealistic amount of guys getting thrown out at home, or at any other base with my sliders set where they are at.

I also felt this yr baserunners were a little smarter and not nearly as aggressive at trying to take that extra base, where in years past I saw a lot of guys get thrown out.

I will get games where there are a lot of runs scored then I will get games where both teams cant get any runs.

IMO gameplay this year with the slider tweaks I have made has made this the best yet of all the games they have put out.

Only thing holding this game back is they have yet to fix franchise mode with top prospects signing 5 and 6 yr deals at around 1 mil per yr, along with the Yankees being in rebuild mode constantly, but yet the Cubs arent, when it should be the other way around, Yanks always reload, while the Cubs always are never not rebuilding,lol.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 05-22-2014, 08:43 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 24

Today I learned what "FUBAR" means.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »