Home

The Tackling in Madden 15 is ATROCIOUS!

This is a discussion on The Tackling in Madden 15 is ATROCIOUS! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2014, 08:48 PM   #1
Banned

Mike Lowery's Arena

OVR: 0
The Tackling in Madden 15 is ATROCIOUS!

Based off the videos ive seen it's some of the worst tackling I've ever seen in a sim football game and makes the game unplayable for me. I mean the canned animations ruin everything, they overcome weight, momentum, angles, and ratings. RTP ain't the answer, it's year 3 and it has not improved at all, they need to build a new tackling engine or adopt one such as the one in Back Breaker. Two man tackling is a joke, it only triggers sometimes, too many instances defenders just stand around looking instead of helping on tackles, heck, the tumbleweed and shoulder dive animations looked better than just standing around. I mean with better graphics and new camera angles the bad tackling and animations are more noticeable than ever, makes the game look rushed and unfinished to me. I'm surprise more people arent raising more hell about this, tackling this bad should be unacceptable in 2014. Any word on if they are going to tune the tackling (make two man tackling more frequent) before release?

Last edited by Mike Lowery; 06-13-2014 at 12:23 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2014, 08:53 PM   #2
Madden Gameplay QA

Official_Mole's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: The Tackling in Madden 15 is ATROCIOUS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowery
Based off the videos ive seen they are it's some of the worst tackling I've ever seen in a sim football game and makes the game unplayable for me. I mean the canned animations ruin everything, they overcome weight, momentum, angles, and ratings. RTP ain't the answer, it's year 3 and it has not improved at all, they need to build a new tackling engine or adopt one such as the one in Back Breaker. Two man tackling is a joke, it only triggers sometimes, too many instances defenders just stand around looking instead of helping on tackles, heck, the tumbleweed and shoulder dive animations looked better than just standing around. I mean with better graphics and new camera angles the bad tackling and animations are more noticeable than ever, makes the game look rushed and unfinished to me. I'm surprise more people arent raising more hell about this, tackling this bad should be unacceptable in 2014. Any word on if they are going to tune the tackling (make two man tackling more frequent) before release?

Thank you for the feedback.

QA Central Gameplay-Madden NFL

Old 06-12-2014, 08:53 PM   #3
Banned

TheBuddyHobbs's Arena

OVR: 1

And it's been this way since Madden 11. If they would overhaul the animations it would look and feel like a brand new game. Doesn't look like that is in their plans anytime soon.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:33 PM   #4
Rookie

The animation is pretty bad. Needs an overhaul.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:39 PM   #5
Rookie

TCFClemson's Arena

OVR: 2

Agreed and it really is a shame. The game looks amazing until players move.

Back Breaker on the other hand was simply not a good game other than player interactions. If Madden could get a full physics system for player interactions that would be amazing and would be a huge LEAP forward for the franchise.
I occasionally stream on twitch at twitch.tv/tcfclemson
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2014, 10:09 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 2

The Backbreaker tackling system doesnt work. They players would fall like rag dolls. It didnt look realistic either.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:12 PM   #7
Rookie

deej93's Arena

tackling, running, cutting, juking. I mean lets be honest a lot of animations need to be revamped at this point.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:23 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by usaaaaaa
The animation is pretty bad. Needs an overhaul.
I agree. People may have had grounds last gen to tell people to suck it up, but it's a new generation and now two games in and we're dealing with the same bad animations. That's a major issue.

But to overhaul now is unlikely despite whatever they may say to quiet us down. It's a massive undertaking and I don't expect it to happen now. I could live with them cutting the God awful ones, bringing back some good ones that they've cut for some reason, fixing selection to reduce some that play far more than they should, and tuning down (if possible) compression for ones that would be better if not so compressed. I honestly think that doing those things would help tremendously.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »