Home

EA UFC Bugs/Glitches Thread

This is a discussion on EA UFC Bugs/Glitches Thread within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2014, 11:29 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
EA UFC Bugs/Glitches Thread

I encountered a serious submission bug that people should be aware of but I don't know how to make the developer see it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2014, 11:38 PM   #2
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Re: Why no bug thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Miyagi
I encountered a serious submission bug that people should be aware of but I don't know how to make the developer see it.
Post a video with a description of how it happened and I'll review it. If it's something I haven't seen before I'll send it to our QA guys to try and reproduce.
Old 06-17-2014, 11:45 PM   #3
Rookie

Crap. I knew you would want a video. Well the weird thing is that has happened today and never happened through 25 fights online yesterday. I haven't even done half of that today and it happened on at least three.

Basically you initiate a submission, the gates come up and then stay on for a small duration usually varying and then it flashes the UFC logo as it does between rounds when you skip. Then next thing you know you are standing in a restart position as if the ref has just stood you up for doing nothing on the ground.

I liken this bug or glitch to the nhl face off glitch where you will have a faceoff then play a little and then get looped back to the face off.
Old 06-17-2014, 11:49 PM   #4
Rookie

Someone mentioned this on the EA forum so I will voice it even though I think he's full of it. He says if you wait too long to initiate a submission from your back that the ref will stand you up as if you had been laying there doing nothing. Personally this doesn't make sense for EA to do this but stranger things have happened.
Old 06-18-2014, 12:06 AM   #5
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Miyagi
Someone mentioned this on the EA forum so I will voice it even though I think he's full of it. He says if you wait too long to initiate a submission from your back that the ref will stand you up as if you had been laying there doing nothing. Personally this doesn't make sense for EA to do this but stranger things have happened.
Two things:

I'll make this the bug/glitch thread and

Its true. It happened to me three times in an online match. I was Cormier. I took Evans' back three times. Tried to initiate a sub but he did a good job blocking it...each time the ref stood us up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2014, 12:10 AM   #6
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Two things:

I'll make this the bug/glitch thread and

Its true. It happened to me three times in an online match. I was Cormier. I took Evans' back three times. Tried to initiate a sub but he did a good job blocking it...each time the ref stood us up.
Yes, I believe that is as designed. If you had made it to the first stage of the mini game and the submission had failed there, it would have reset the ref standup logic. But it is not reset by a submission attempt that is blocked. This was done to prevent stalling exploits.
Old 06-18-2014, 12:12 AM   #7
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

I don't know if its a bug/glitch or if it was designed this way (don't know why), but if you stream to twitch or record a video there is no commentary or music...just noises (which takes away all the fun).
Old 06-18-2014, 12:35 AM   #8
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
Yes, I believe that is as designed. If you had made it to the first stage of the mini game and the submission had failed there, it would have reset the ref standup logic. But it is not reset by a submission attempt that is blocked. This was done to prevent stalling exploits.
The problem is there are two areas where stand ups should never take place. Full Mount and when I have someones back. There should be no stand up logic there. If I have someones back and I want to stay on their back until a sub opens up....I should be able to.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »