Home

Who's Your Team?

This is a discussion on Who's Your Team? within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2014, 05:18 AM   #1
MVP

vtcha's Arena

OVR: 4
Who's Your Team?

Just a friendly topic to see what teams our fellow OSers support. I'm sure some of us know the teams that others support but curious to see the reasoning behind it.

Let's try stick with the following format:
  • The team that you support
  • When did you start supporting this team
  • Why you support this team

I'll start first:

Team: Miami Heat

When: I think it was either the end of 2006 or beginning of 2007, when I was 17 years old.

Why: D-Wade became one of my favorite players (the other being T-Mac) because of NBA Live 06. Mind you I didn't follow the NBA much during this time and I was unaware that the Heat had won the title until a year or so later lol. My interest and knowledge in the NBA picked up when I started playing fantasy basketball in 2007 and it wasn't until the 08-09' season that I bought League Pass and finally got to watch my first full NBA game - at this point I transitioned over from a casual fan to a full-time die-hard fan. Over the years of following D-Wade, I would say that Miami has grown on me and am proud to call them my team for life!

** Growing up in Australia there was literally no coverage of the NBA and there was no League Pass. Occasionally they would show a 30 second highlight reel of the top plays in the NBA during the sports segment. Our only source was visiting NBA.com using dial-up connection speeds and good ol' Slam Magazine. In a sense I kind of feel bummed out on missing out watching T-Mac in his prime.

Last edited by vtcha; 06-18-2014 at 09:32 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2014, 05:45 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Who's Your Team?

Team: Milwaukee Bucks

When: All my life. (23 years) My fav teams are all from Wisconsin...

Why: Born & raised in Milwaukee. & our luck will change at some point. A loyal fan.
Old 06-18-2014, 06:53 AM   #3
Pro

Control-X's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: What's Your Team?

Team: Chicago Bulls

When: Since Michael Jordan's third year in the NBA.

Why: I actually never liked the game of basketball at first. A man by the name of Michael Jordan changed all that. I may have other favorite teams aside from Chicago now, but the Bulls will always be number one. #bullsfan4life.

Dr. J
1976_Bird 1986_Magic 1987_Chuck 1993_Pip 1994_MJ 1996_GP 1996_Shaq 2000_AI 2001_Kobe 2006

Old 06-18-2014, 07:02 AM   #4
Pro

Control-X's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSoisNiCEx414
Team: Milwaukee Bucks

When: All my life. (23 years) My fav teams are all from Wisconsin...

Why: Born & raised in Milwaukee. & our luck will change at some point. A loyal fan.
If your team picks Jabari Parker at #3 next week, I think you'll be in good shape IMHO.

Dr. J
1976_Bird 1986_Magic 1987_Chuck 1993_Pip 1994_MJ 1996_GP 1996_Shaq 2000_AI 2001_Kobe 2006

Old 06-18-2014, 08:17 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

For me, it's the Bulls. I'm not a diehard fan of them, but I guess I really started to like them once Rose came. I didn't really follow basketball before then. I really got into to basketball the year he won his MVP. I was following basketball from the newspaper that year, and I was also cheering for the Pacers(my second favorite team, well at least until they traded Granger), to make the playoffs, and for Rose to win MVP. He was so awesome in the postseason, and that's what brought me to basketball

When I started playing 2k, the first team I chose to play with was the Bulls, and my first game was against the Kings. They had Jimmer, and it was a really tight game at the end of it, I was like holy crap basketball is awesome!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2014, 08:33 AM   #6

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55

Team: Charlotte Hornets (Bobcats too)

When: All my life

Why: From Charlotte, grew up going to games.
Old 06-18-2014, 09:25 AM   #7
JB4MVP

JODYE's Arena

OVR: 8

Team: Chicago Bulls

When: Since I can remember

Why: Grew up in Chicago going with my Dad to games at the ole sweatbox on Madison, Chicago Stadium.

Old 06-18-2014, 03:47 PM   #8
MVP

BringTheHeat's Arena

OVR: 12

Team: Miami Heat

When: 2003 NBA Draft. Was a casual Spurs fan prior to that.

Why: Watching Dwyane Wade at Marquette and he quickly became my favorite player. When he was drafted by Miami I made an effort to watch as many games as I could. Over the next several years I noticed a (bad) change where I tried to model my game after him. To this day I'm still not a good outside shooter due to low lift and a flat shot.

If Wade was to leave Miami, I'd still support him, but I'll be a Miami fan forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »