Home

Playbook Sharing Thread

This is a discussion on Playbook Sharing Thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2014, 04:25 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Playbook Sharing Thread

So after searching the thread numerous times I discovered there is no where for people to share there custom playbooks (SimSports is great but I am interested in seeing peoples concepts, schemes, and strategies). I am not talking about playbooks where you just picked a bunch of plays and formations you like and put them together, I am referring to something much more in depth. Coming up with a concept and building a scheme around the concept.

I think that using SimSports for posting the actual playbook could be beneficial so I left a spot where you can post the link that way there won't be plays posted everywhere and we can focus more on strategy and scheme crafting.

If you still don't understand what I am talking about check out the scribd link on this blog entry: http://www.simsports.net/entry.php/2...rn-s-Shootbone

I'm hoping that this can be a tool for passionate NCAA gamers such as myself.

To keep it organized I was thinking something around this format.

Playbook Name:

Base Offense:

SimSports Link:

Position Requirements:

Key Plays:

Recruiting Recommendations:

Strategies:

Additional Notes:

This may flame out but I noticed a lot of people struggle with RDS and I was able to overcome this by crafting my own scheme from scratch and starting a long coaching career.

I will post my offense shortly. Any feedback on the playbook, thread, or whatever please feel free to post. If a mod has a problem with the thread for whatever reason please PM me so I can make appropriate adjustments

Edit: You cannot view the simsports link through tapatalk

Last edited by mgcst5; 06-26-2014 at 04:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2014, 05:16 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Playbook Sharing Thread

Playbook Name: Wing 7 (My base formation loooks like a 7 if you look at how the QB, RB, TE, and Oline line up)

Base Offense: Georgia Tech (Option)

SimSports Link: http://www.simsports.net/viewPlayboo...bid=2263&gid=2

Position Requirements:
QB: Must be a scrambler. This offense is mostly about running the ball and the QB is the trigger man. I actually designed this scheme so that a good passer is not needed. I have found success running the ball with someone with no throwing attributes to speak of. I discovered nomatter what the attributes many screen passes can be completed so passing the ball with someone with throw attributes in the 40s is still possible. Ideally this wont be the case but it can be useful if transitioning to a new job.

RB: Similar to a BBack in the flexbone. These guys need to be bigger backs (200+ lbs) speed is important but they don't have to be speedsters as someone with 80+ speed can be fine as long as they can break tackles

FB: The offense barely uses them. Strictly blockers.

WR(1 and 2): These guys are outside blockers. I prefer them big (6'3 ~200lbs) and strong (60+ strength). Speed isn't very important they just need to have reliable hands and block

WR (3-6): These are like Abacks or slotbacks. They need to be small, fast, and elusive. My 3 and 4 "recievers typically combine for over 1500yds rushing and 1000 recieving.

TE: This is very similar to an H-Back. I prefer better blockers with a little bit of speed and good hands never hurt. More of a safety net target + lead blocker

OL: Run Blockers with good acceleration. Simple as that, going to be doing a lot of next level blocks.

Key Plays: Shotgun Wing trips offset Wk is the base formation. I typically will run Tr Opt Lead LT/RT about 50% of the time. For third downs I typically will use Mtn PA flood and hot route based on how I read the coverage. A TE with good speed will get open a lot on this play. The mtn read option sets up my pistol package.

In pistol wing trips (after I have set this formation up using mtn read option) I will run the regular read option as well as WR screen/Fake screen. This is just for another wrinkle and I feel that the motion links the two formations.

Out of Shotgun trio 4 WR I mainly try to run the read option/mtn WR option for some quick yardage and then run PA WR in for the deep ball (A fast No. 4 WR will get open deep a lot)

The other two formations are for short yardage, Pistol Wing Trio is for the redzone were I can power it in or even roll out and find an open reciever in the endzone

The Power I is strictly for inches situations (QB Sneak is lethal with a good running QB

QB: As previously mentioned I typically target scramblers but more importantly I go after athletes with solid throw attributes. Even if they aren't needed for the QB spot they typically can fit in at other positions in this scheme.

RB: Big backs only, smaller backs wont generate enough yardage between the tackles. Sometimes I will find the odd fullback that is decently fast. Power runners are the best targets.

FB: I honestly don't even recruit these guys for the fullback position (Usually end up as H-Backs or BBacks). Walkons are fine. If you feel so inclined you could target big blockers but its a waste of a scholarship.

WR: (1 and 2): I try to find the biggest strongest recievers with decent hands. In my dynasties they typically combine for less than 250yds per season.

WR: (3-6): The slotbacks are the linchpins of the offense. The No. 3 reciever is your small runner. They will catch passes but I found out the offense runs best with a better receiver at No. 4. These guys need to be really fast. Small running backs, receivers, and athletes are perfect.

TE: Find someone with good speed and great blocking attributes. The speed can become a difference maker but the lead blocking is key.

OL: Just fine the best run blockers you can. I don't spend much time recruiting them since the offense can run even with a weak OLine, although it is always better to be good in the trenches.

Strategies: The offense is most effective when run out of the hurry up. The issue is this can lead to injuries so I will only do this if I have a lot of depth at each position.

Don't be afraid to run plays repeatedly if it is working and make sure you are persistent with the running game.

MAKE GOOD DECISIONS! Don't be afraid to take a loss instead of a bad pitch, or throw the ball away. Even having your QB slide to avoid a hit can help you long-term.

Additional Notes: The only additional note I have is regarding the depth chart. When I am setting it up my 1 and 2 recievers usually are my second best blocking WRs. I then AutoSub my best ones over them. This essentially allows you to have a seperate depth chart of the WR's and slotbacks (if you don't understand please message me I will try to explain better)

Last edited by mgcst5; 06-25-2014 at 05:20 PM.
Old 06-26-2014, 12:50 AM   #3
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Great thread idea!!! I'm going to write an in-depth article on the Run & Shoot - how I run it - how small and simple my playbook is and how certain things that I do are heavily borrowed from Mike Leach's philosophy on football. And yes, I do use some Air Raid staples in my R&S offense.

Anyway, hopefully this thread does two things: 1: Brings a lot of playbooks out in the open for people to look at and read about and 2: Help to give people new ways of looking at not only the NCAA game, but at football in general.

It's funny what a little education can do... and I am hoping that this thread takes off, because the premise behind it is brilliant!

Old 06-26-2014, 02:24 AM   #4
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
Great thread idea!!! I'm going to write an in-depth article on the Run & Shoot - how I run it - how small and simple my playbook is and how certain things that I do are heavily borrowed from Mike Leach's philosophy on football. And yes, I do use some Air Raid staples in my R&S offense.

Anyway, hopefully this thread does two things: 1: Brings a lot of playbooks out in the open for people to look at and read about and 2: Help to give people new ways of looking at not only the NCAA game, but at football in general.

It's funny what a little education can do... and I am hoping that this thread takes off, because the premise behind it is brilliant!
i look forward to that man. then i can use it for my Portland State Vikings dynasty.

Sent from my N9510 using Tapatalk
Old 06-26-2014, 02:26 AM   #5
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgcst5
Playbook Name: Wing 7 (My base formation loooks like a 7 if you look at how the QB, RB, TE, and Oline line up)

Base Offense: Georgia Tech (Option)

SimSports Link: http://www.simsports.net/viewPlayboo...bid=2263&gid=2

Position Requirements:
QB: Must be a scrambler. This offense is mostly about running the ball and the QB is the trigger man. I actually designed this scheme so that a good passer is not needed. I have found success running the ball with someone with no throwing attributes to speak of. I discovered nomatter what the attributes many screen passes can be completed so passing the ball with someone with throw attributes in the 40s is still possible. Ideally this wont be the case but it can be useful if transitioning to a new job.

RB: Similar to a BBack in the flexbone. These guys need to be bigger backs (200+ lbs) speed is important but they don't have to be speedsters as someone with 80+ speed can be fine as long as they can break tackles

FB: The offense barely uses them. Strictly blockers.

WR(1 and 2): These guys are outside blockers. I prefer them big (6'3 ~200lbs) and strong (60+ strength). Speed isn't very important they just need to have reliable hands and block

WR (3-6): These are like Abacks or slotbacks. They need to be small, fast, and elusive. My 3 and 4 "recievers typically combine for over 1500yds rushing and 1000 recieving.

TE: This is very similar to an H-Back. I prefer better blockers with a little bit of speed and good hands never hurt. More of a safety net target + lead blocker

OL: Run Blockers with good acceleration. Simple as that, going to be doing a lot of next level blocks.

Key Plays: Shotgun Wing trips offset Wk is the base formation. I typically will run Tr Opt Lead LT/RT about 50% of the time. For third downs I typically will use Mtn PA flood and hot route based on how I read the coverage. A TE with good speed will get open a lot on this play. The mtn read option sets up my pistol package.

In pistol wing trips (after I have set this formation up using mtn read option) I will run the regular read option as well as WR screen/Fake screen. This is just for another wrinkle and I feel that the motion links the two formations.

Out of Shotgun trio 4 WR I mainly try to run the read option/mtn WR option for some quick yardage and then run PA WR in for the deep ball (A fast No. 4 WR will get open deep a lot)

The other two formations are for short yardage, Pistol Wing Trio is for the redzone were I can power it in or even roll out and find an open reciever in the endzone

The Power I is strictly for inches situations (QB Sneak is lethal with a good running QB

QB: As previously mentioned I typically target scramblers but more importantly I go after athletes with solid throw attributes. Even if they aren't needed for the QB spot they typically can fit in at other positions in this scheme.

RB: Big backs only, smaller backs wont generate enough yardage between the tackles. Sometimes I will find the odd fullback that is decently fast. Power runners are the best targets.

FB: I honestly don't even recruit these guys for the fullback position (Usually end up as H-Backs or BBacks). Walkons are fine. If you feel so inclined you could target big blockers but its a waste of a scholarship.

WR: (1 and 2): I try to find the biggest strongest recievers with decent hands. In my dynasties they typically combine for less than 250yds per season.

WR: (3-6): The slotbacks are the linchpins of the offense. The No. 3 reciever is your small runner. They will catch passes but I found out the offense runs best with a better receiver at No. 4. These guys need to be really fast. Small running backs, receivers, and athletes are perfect.

TE: Find someone with good speed and great blocking attributes. The speed can become a difference maker but the lead blocking is key.

OL: Just fine the best run blockers you can. I don't spend much time recruiting them since the offense can run even with a weak OLine, although it is always better to be good in the trenches.

Strategies: The offense is most effective when run out of the hurry up. The issue is this can lead to injuries so I will only do this if I have a lot of depth at each position.

Don't be afraid to run plays repeatedly if it is working and make sure you are persistent with the running game.

MAKE GOOD DECISIONS! Don't be afraid to take a loss instead of a bad pitch, or throw the ball away. Even having your QB slide to avoid a hit can help you long-term.

Additional Notes: The only additional note I have is regarding the depth chart. When I am setting it up my 1 and 2 recievers usually are my second best blocking WRs. I then AutoSub my best ones over them. This essentially allows you to have a seperate depth chart of the WR's and slotbacks (if you don't understand please message me I will try to explain better)
I would love to try your playbook out but the link isn't working for me.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2014, 11:15 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudescrew
I would love to try your playbook out but the link isn't working for me.

Hmmm thats weird. What is it saying?

Edit: I tried it after logging out of SS and it still was displaying for me. Thats really strange.

Last edited by mgcst5; 06-26-2014 at 11:37 AM.
Old 06-26-2014, 04:15 PM   #7
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

It wasn't saying anything. Just a blank page.

Maybe it's a tapatalk issue. You have a direct link or the file you could send me in email? Otherwise you could post the playbook formations and plays here for me.

Either way thanks

Last edited by thedudescrew; 06-26-2014 at 04:17 PM.
Old 06-26-2014, 04:23 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudescrew
It wasn't saying anything. Just a blank page.

Maybe it's a tapatalk issue. You have a direct link or the file you could send me in email? Otherwise you could post the playbook formations and plays here for me.

Either way thanks

Ahhh thats why. The site doesn't seem to work on tapatalk. I can email you the link it might be easier to just use a computer

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »