Home

OS All-Time Roster

This is a discussion on OS All-Time Roster within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2014, 04:45 PM   #1
Pro

pjsnell10's Arena

OVR: 8
OS All-Time Roster

So I've started transferring over the All-Time roster that myself and a few other guys made for MLB '12 The Show. This roster will contain 25+ of the greatest players/fan favorites for all 30 teams. So here is what each player will be made of:

-each player will have a face that looks as close to his real likeness as possible. Most faces were made by myself, scooter, maizenblue, rolltide, sublime as well as many others plucked from the vault

-each player will have proper equipment/batting stance/pitching wind up/jersey number etc. Repertoire's for pitchers were taken from the James/Neyers book. They will look like the real player did at one point in their career.

-Players were placed on the team where they first made their mark. (A-Rod Seattle, Fisk Bos, Reggie Jackson Oak etc) for teams that had multiple stars at one position, one of the players were moved to another team where they would be starting (Piazza to NYM instead of LA-Campanella)

-player are rated to their career stats, not randomly or to their best season. Brady Anderson will not hit 50 something homers, his power will be averaged through his career. If a player was a base stealer who slowed in age (Bonds for example), they will be rated at their peak, same goes for defense (Dave Parker, will be able to play solid D, not just be a DH.)

-to start, each team will have 25 players. If anyone has any recommendations for added players, I am open to putting them on there.

This is a really nice roster and it was great for season play. I hope people enjoy it.

I'll post a WIP after every 5 teams are done.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2014, 04:58 PM   #2
MVP

drsublime's Arena

Re: OS All-Time Roster

dude where were you two-three months ago with this when I was trying to recruit for this exact project,

also there are 200 CAPS already up, lots from that file (mine from '12) in my roster in the vault for this year

Last edited by drsublime; 06-28-2014 at 05:00 PM.
Old 06-28-2014, 08:08 PM   #3
Pro

pjsnell10's Arena

I've been redoing my 1990 roster from last year. I was planning on doing '90-'92 first, but decided to switch gears.

I've already got the A's, Blue Jays, Mariners and Giants nearly done. When I get them and the Mets done, I'll put up a WIP in the vault.
Old 06-28-2014, 08:49 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0

Will every player be rated 99 OVR or have realistic ratings?
Old 06-28-2014, 09:32 PM   #5
Rookie

maizeblue13's Arena

Realistic ratings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2014, 09:50 PM   #6
Pro

pjsnell10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaCode10
Will every player be rated 99 OVR or have realistic ratings?
Ratings will be based on their career stats, based on a formula that I've been using for years. I'm about 150 guys in (complete with everything), here are the 99's so far:

Roberto Alomar
Babe Ruth
Ted Williams
Barry Bonds
Willie Mays
Jimmie Foxx
Hank Greenberg

Here's a few that missed the cut barely:

Mickey Mantle 96
Hank Aaron 98
Alex Rodriguez 98
Ken Griffey Jr. 95
Rickey Henderson 97
Old 06-29-2014, 05:35 PM   #7
Pro

pjsnell10's Arena

I've got 6 more players to finish to have 5 complete teams done. I think I'm going to do the Padres as well before I put up a WIP. I still have to wipe out the remaining players that I made from 1990 from the National League also. I should be able to put one in the vault within the next two days.

I finally played my first full game of the year, A's vs. Giants (Waddell vs. Lincecum). Tejada tripled in McGwire with two outs in the 9th off of Beck to send it into extras. Jimmie Foxx hit a walk off, off of Brian Wilson to win it in the 10th. Fun game, A's win 3-2.
Old 06-30-2014, 01:12 PM   #8
Pro

pjsnell10's Arena

First WIP is up in the vault.

It's got 25 man rosters (+ some)

Oakland
San Francisco
San Diego
Toronto
Seattle
New York (NL)

It's got plenty of others guys but they aren't rated or anything. If anyone is interested i can keep posting WIP's after another 6 teams are done, or I can just post when it's done.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »