Home

Minor League Players in Future MLB: The Show Titles

This is a discussion on Minor League Players in Future MLB: The Show Titles within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2014, 01:07 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Minor League Players in Future MLB: The Show Titles

This year's new feature of carrying Franchises over into subsequent year's game releases is extremely exciting.

For all the players that were named, scored, and given a physical likeness to the best of the available preset faces/body types, do you think that in later games there will be an option to take a player that was formed (like Gregory Polanco for instance) and allow that player (who may have been in your franchise for years already) to inherit the new available, more detailed physical load out he'll be given in MLB: The Show '15?

This is one of those things that's been bugging me ever since I downloaded the OSFM
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2014, 05:45 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Minor League Players in Future MLB: The Show Titles

****bump*****
Old 07-07-2014, 09:36 PM   #3
Rookie

200 views and no replies, I assume others are in the same boat as me, then.

Does anyone know how (or if) San Diego Studios takes these kinds of questions from fans of the series?

This seems a minute detail I'm sure will be ironed out, but it's the one thing that seems to keep me up all night
Old 07-08-2014, 01:19 PM   #4
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

The reason there's no replies is because the only people that know the answer (the Devs) haven't said.

It's my favorite new feature, by far. I have so many questions too.

But until they make an announcement, we're left to our own hopes and dreams for Franchise/RTTS carry-over.

Everything will be clear eventually; we just have to give it time.
Old 07-17-2014, 07:09 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 11

Yep we won't know until next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2014, 06:30 PM   #6
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

i would guess no because of the mlbpa
Old 07-22-2014, 07:09 PM   #7
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerwoods
i would guess no because of the mlbpa

I don't think you understood his question.

He's talking about overwriting/replacing a generic user-created version of Gregory Polanco (just as an example) that was made for an MLB 14 franchise or RTTS file, with an actual, face-scanned, SCEA created version next year when he's in MLB 15 (as part of the MLBPA), without having to restart your franchise.

And to answer your question, I hope they could do something like that but logistically I don't know how it would work. It could run a cross-check of all players in your franchise's roster file, and search for non-SCEA players, then see if an SCEA version is available in a current roster and just import the guy in. But I really don't know if SCEA is going to make that a huge priority. I hope that when they decided to add the year-to-year save files as a feature they realized that gamers are going to want stuff like this and planned for it, because if they execute it right, year-to-year saves might be the single greatest addition to any sports game ever.
Old 07-22-2014, 07:48 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden's Jowels
He's talking about overwriting/replacing a generic user-created version of Gregory Polanco (just as an example) that was made for an MLB 14 franchise or RTTS file, with an actual, face-scanned, SCEA created version next year when he's in MLB 15 (as part of the MLBPA), without having to restart your franchise.
Said like that, I think it might be difficult to have the CAP G. Polanco overwritten by the SCEA G. Polanco.

Reason being is that I'm assuming the players have some sort of ID or other way to relate them in the database, kinda like how OOTP give players ID numbers.

Since rosters can be different and people may have picked a difference generic to edit or imported the player from the vault, the IDs would be different in each case.

SCEA's Polanco is going to have an ID number and it probably will be different.

However, you might end up with two Polancos (to human eyes, but to the game, it's two different players who happen to have the same values in the first and last name fields), in which case the CAP Polanco could always be "recycled" into someone else.

Disclaimer: I don't program or mod this game, so everything above is just a guess/speculation based on what I've seen how other games handle roster files.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »