Home

Thoughts On a Fee Based DLC Or Unlock For A "Simulation" Mode In Madden?

This is a discussion on Thoughts On a Fee Based DLC Or Unlock For A "Simulation" Mode In Madden? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Would You Be Interested In Fee Based DLC Or Unlock For A "Simulation" Mode In Madden?
Yes 22 28.95%
No 48 63.16%
Undecided 6 7.89%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-11-2014, 12:35 AM   #1
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Thoughts On a Fee Based DLC Or Unlock For A "Simulation" Mode In Madden?

Now before I'm "booed off the stage" please hear me out, lol. I'm not just referring to a "sim" setting that comes standard with other sports games but an entire mode potentially worth paying extra for, something to rival MUT. A mode where a fee is paid to have access to things like editable draft classes, User access to more influential sliders/options, a more traditional Franchise mode with HC09 level realism, data based ratings system and gameplay programmed as realistic as possible, including penalties, errors, injuries, movement, CPU teammate AI, etc.

It may seem like I'm referring to something "pie in the sky" and overwhelming but I don't think so. It seems to me that if the potential profit for a mode like this were big enough, it's something that could be accomplished. Again, I'm thinking something along the lines of what they currently do with MUT, a team taking the core Madden game/software and creating a separate mode for more realism minded gamers.

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2014, 12:56 AM   #2
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Thoughts On a Fee Based DLC Or Unlock For A "Simulation" Mode In Madden?

The idea is fine, but you're basically asking for an entirely different game. This is not something which can or will be accomplished with DLC.

DLC typically doesn't add infrastructure to a game, it adds content to code which already exists. The only exception I can even begin to think of is Ultimate Team's introduction into Madden NFL 10.
Old 07-11-2014, 12:58 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 8

I'd pay twice what I pay now for what you've proposed because that amount of money really isn't an issue for me. To be honest though, for how long EA has been putting out Madden this stuff should be standard issue IMO and the fact that we haven't/don't have these features is pathetic.
Old 07-11-2014, 01:00 AM   #4
Formerly simon48xbox

The_Balm's Arena

OVR: 6

I might be open to it after the team (which has said they're sim all the way now) has proven they can do sim football and stick with it year after year. Until then, no. I have a hard enough time justifying paying $60 for Madden. I don't feel like they deserve any more money from me for things they've said they wanted to add for years and in many cases either haven't at all, have really badly implemented or have, but they ripped it out the next year.
Old 07-11-2014, 01:01 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 0

Big, you know better!

I feel you and all, but we should of been there with SIM already from last gen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2014, 01:04 AM   #6
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
The idea is fine, but you're basically asking for an entirely different game. This is not something which can or will be accomplished with DLC.

DLC typically doesn't add infrastructure to a game, it adds content to code which already exists. The only exception I can even begin to think of is Ultimate Team's introduction into Madden NFL 10.
Exactly, that's what I'm basing the proposal on, MUT. If EA was willing to do that for an additional revenue stream, I'm wondering if they might consider something similar for a mode like this.
Old 07-11-2014, 01:09 AM   #7
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
Big, you know better!

I feel you and all, but we should of been there with SIM already from last gen.
True Smoke and I should be Bill Gates rich by now had I made better life choices but it is what it is, lol.

Seriously though, they refuse to even put a standard "sim" setting in Madden like other EA games have, the only way I see us ever getting an truly sim Madden is something like this. I was told directly by an EA rep, in so many words that Tiburon doesn't think the investment of a sim setting is worth it. Maybe one fee based, similar to MUT, would be.
Old 07-11-2014, 01:11 AM   #8
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Exactly, that's what I'm basing the proposal on, MUT. If EA was willing to do that for an additional revenue stream, I'm wondering if they might consider something similar for a mode like this.
Think of a way to monetize this mode to the extent that MUT is dominated by microtransactions and then Tiburon might begin to consider it.

That's the reason MUT is the exception - it quite literally is a revenue engine built into the game. A "sim play" DLC pack is something which will require a ton of programming / art support for addition of features and AI beyond what currently exists in the game and - unless you are thinking of something I am not - will only realistically see one transaction, that being the pay wall for the initial download. The economics aren't remotely similar and to that end it's not justifiable.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »