Home

NFL GameDay 2004 PS2 rosters

This is a discussion on NFL GameDay 2004 PS2 rosters within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2014, 05:38 AM   #1
Rookie

blackadder33's Arena

OVR: 1
Thumbs up NFL GameDay 2004 PS2 rosters

Hey guys, thought I'd load up my old PS2 NFL GameDay 2004 disc on PS3 and was happy to find it still plays super smooth! Anyone else try it? So I was wondering if anyone would be willing to upload an updated roster? I guess it might have to be in crushed Max format from a PS2 mem card or possibly PSV Export from PS3, any way is fine. Just copy the save file over to USB, upload to mediafire or preferably attach it right here to your post, that would be excellent.

Oh and before any "wiseguys / EA employees" (lol) decide to troll and say something like "NFL GameDay 2004 SUCKS!" ...sure the game didn't have the best CPU AI out there by any means but for a two player couch game I love it and most importantly makes a nice change from always 2K4/2K5 (and of course, Madden). The sweet commentary alone is reason enough to make this game still relevant in 2014 for me, especially with the ongoing EA Sports monopoly that took our choices of any fresh new NFL videogaming away from us for the foreseeable future. I like the commentary in GameDay better than 2K, it's pretty variable from game-to-game and not too repetitive at all. I thought the weather effects and player animations were pretty nice, not as nice as 2K but close. So hey, if you've never had the chance to play this forgotten little NFL gem before, try it!

If none of you guys are interested I'll do the 2014/15 rosters but of course just wanted to check first before I started editing, cheers.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2014, 06:32 AM   #2
Rookie

simeoncam50's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NFL GameDay 2004 PS2 rosters

Could you possibly show a created player in action? Qb,RB,Cb etc. I would like to see some game play with hum vs cpu. I have always seen the cpu v cpu gameplay for this game. I want to make sure I need to go out and grab this little gem. Thanks
Old 08-11-2014, 06:57 AM   #3
Rookie

blackadder33's Arena

The YouTube video I linked to above is human vs cpu gameplay from around the 3:16 point.
Old 08-11-2014, 10:52 PM   #4
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

OVR: 10

I was just playing this the other day. It's definitely not for everybody but still fun from time to time.

I do love some of the animations in the game (although some are over the top). Especially QB's throwing motions. Really good. I do think it has great player models too.

Can you edit rosters in this game? Everytime I went to the roster I couldn't figure out how to edit players. I do know you can at least change accessories and some basic info when you're in the franchise/season thing. Maybe I'm just blind.

The NCAA GameBreaker series isn't too bad either. Since we're on the subject of old football series and since I played a bunch the past few weeks. NFL QB Club 2002... horrible. Still trying to get my hands on ESPN Primetime 2002. I've seen some youtube vids, and it's nothing special but I still want to try it out. NCAA Football 2K3 is a bit of a disappointment if you expect to play like the NFL 2K games. Still okay. One that kind of slipped under my radar was EA's Arena Football series. While it's a bit more arcadey then sim. It was surprisingly fun. There are actually some really cool double hit tackles in that game that for whatever reason EA never put into Madden. Remember when we had options for football games? haha

Anyway to answer your question, I think it's going to be pretty tough to find an roster update since EA and 2K pretty much dominated the market during that time. Don't think anyone saved rosters from the less known games.
Old 08-13-2014, 01:51 PM   #5
Rookie

blackadder33's Arena

Great minds think alike sir!

Alright I don't know what I was thinking before but you're absolutely right. Editing rosters in GD 2004 is impossible! Seems you can create basic players in the NFL roster but only upto 40 new ones... "Create player" is one option plus "create superstar" (a player with good stats?) but you can't actually edit the numbers! Other than that you can create a handful of new teams from scratch of course but then it won't be NFL...

Maybe I'll just create a few key players and release some from the default roster, better than nothing I guess.

But wait! Did you see there is a "download roster" (press start) option from the internets on the main menu... so I'm thinking this special network downloaded roster has to be be in a different format all of its own (as opposed to the "game data" save type on the memory card). Somebody out there has to have one of those old official rosters on a memory card, probably in a garage or in a dusty drawer... so near yet so far... aargh!

I doubt those downloaded official rosters would be editable but hey, I don't see why they wouldn't be able to be hex edited, maybe ...if someone had the passion and will to do it.. for this game? probably not haha!

Man... it'd still be sweet if someone could share that elusive old official roster file anyway, it'd be at least a starting point to work with...

...anyone?

PS: I'm with you 100% on those other games man, funny you mentioned Arena Football.. I never got around to the series before but I was looking around for it a couple of weeks ago but got distracted (I had old Amiga Speedball 2 Brutal Deluxe on my mind) so thanks for the reminder!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2014, 02:38 PM   #6
Rookie

blackadder33's Arena

OT, sorry.

can't get the Speedball 2 themetune outta my mind now...

but wait a minute, this one's even more evil... remember this old "sports" theme music?

"enjoy" haha
Old 08-28-2014, 04:17 AM   #7
Just started!

OVR: 0

nice, not as nice as 2K but close. So hey, if you've never had the chance to play this forgotten little NFL gem before, try it!
Old 08-28-2014, 04:18 AM   #8
Just started!

OVR: 0

fadshqwr qwilr uopqwr hoiqe upqwr ioqwpr

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »