Home

NBA 2K15 system requirements

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 system requirements within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2014, 05:58 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
NBA 2K15 system requirements

Does anybody know the system requirements for nba 2k15 on the PC? I'm not sure I'm my computer is current enough that it can handle the next gen game. Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2014, 03:06 AM   #2
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: NBA 2K15 system requirements

No, but the prevailing wisdom is to check out the specs for a few other XO/PS4 games being ported to PC, and make a rough guess.

FIFA 15 for instance.
Old 08-18-2014, 09:39 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
No, but the prevailing wisdom is to check out the specs for a few other XO/PS4 games being ported to PC, and make a rough guess.

FIFA 15 for instance.
Yep.

It's still hard to say for sure though - I could run FIFA just fine with its requirements, but if you look at something like Watch Dogs I fall short of the Recommended (which is why I got it on PS4). The requirements still really vary game to game, even in the same year.
Old 08-19-2014, 03:08 PM   #4
Rookie

JBulls's Arena

OVR: 2

(From another thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
1080p/60FPS on all consoles + PC.

They will all look and play beautifully. It's up to you which you prefer. And we're taking care of PC users in a big way this year.
Are you hinting there's more news about pc to come?
Old 08-19-2014, 03:57 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
1080p/60FPS on all consoles + PC.

They will all look and play beautifully. It's up to you which you prefer. And we're taking care of PC users in a big way this year.
Damn. It's good that "They will all look and play beautifully", but about the PC there is a caveat - not on all configurations would be so.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2014, 04:23 PM   #6
Rookie

Deck's Arena

OVR: 0

From Steam

Minimum:
Processor: Intel Core2 Duo or better
Memory: 2 or more GB RAM
Graphics: DirectX 10.1 compatible (512 MB) or better
DirectX: Version 11
Hard Drive: 50 or more GB available space
Sound Card: 9.0c compatible
Additional Notes: Keyboard or dual-analog gamepad

Recommended:
Processor: Intel Core i7 or better
Memory: 4 or more GB RAM
Graphics: DirectX 11.0 compatible (2 GB) or better
DirectX: Version 11
Hard Drive: 50 or more GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible
Additional Notes: Dual-analog gamepad
Old 08-28-2014, 08:28 PM   #7
Pro

Bunselpower32's Arena

OVR: 8

Alright, for you PC gamers here, I have a question and I'm not sure anymore (it's been a really long time since I built my current machine). I have a Gigabyte EX58-UD3R motherboard with a GTX 275. I am running a core i7 and have 8 GB RAM. Now I know that my graphics card falls more toward minimum requirements insofar as memory, so I was thinking about SLI with another of my graphics cards (I can pick one up for probably about 60 bucks and really save myself an overhaul). I know there's a version of my motherboard with SLI in the name, here's my question, does that mean that mine cannot SLI? Because if so, dang, 2K15 is gonna be running hot on my current machine. It seems like the bottleneck here is (could be) the graphics card, nothing else seems to really be lacking that much.

Also, to that point, do you guys recommend running SLI with two equivalent cards or getting one with a bit more juice to get the total memory up to 2GB? And assuming I can get a couple jet engines to cool this thing, is heat going to override any attempts to cool it short of water?

Again, I've been way out of the game for much too long, and I don't think I can sell my wife on a big overhaul when this one is still running pretty darn well for it's age and miles.

- Rick Wise
Old 08-29-2014, 08:38 AM   #8
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunselpower32
Alright, for you PC gamers here, I have a question and I'm not sure anymore (it's been a really long time since I built my current machine). I have a Gigabyte EX58-UD3R motherboard with a GTX 275. I am running a core i7 and have 8 GB RAM. Now I know that my graphics card falls more toward minimum requirements insofar as memory, so I was thinking about SLI with another of my graphics cards (I can pick one up for probably about 60 bucks and really save myself an overhaul). I know there's a version of my motherboard with SLI in the name, here's my question, does that mean that mine cannot SLI? Because if so, dang, 2K15 is gonna be running hot on my current machine. It seems like the bottleneck here is (could be) the graphics card, nothing else seems to really be lacking that much.

Also, to that point, do you guys recommend running SLI with two equivalent cards or getting one with a bit more juice to get the total memory up to 2GB? And assuming I can get a couple jet engines to cool this thing, is heat going to override any attempts to cool it short of water?

Again, I've been way out of the game for much too long, and I don't think I can sell my wife on a big overhaul when this one is still running pretty darn well for it's age and miles.
If it is this board:

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/pro...px?pid=3265#ov

Then yes, it can do SLI. I was going to say boards that specifically push the SLI tend to support higher bus speeds, while the others tend to throttle the PCI speed down a bit with 2 cards present, but according to the specs from that page:

Quote:
2 x PCI Express x16 slots, running at x16
I'm not sure if that means 2 * 16x, or 16x total (2 * 8x). Perhaps someone could weight in on the likelihood of either.

Either way, 8x and 8x in SLI would probably be fine. And likely a decent upgrade if you can get another GTX 275 for cheap. I don't know if heat will be a huge issue - it may be quite loud, and you may have to get creative with the space in your case. Also keep in mind your PSU will need to be able to handle it (both cable wise, and amperage/power wise).

Personally I'd probably get a new card as I've never been a big fan of the multi GPU setups, but you'd obviously have to spend a bit more.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »