Home

Digital or Disk?

This is a discussion on Digital or Disk? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2014, 06:45 PM   #1
Pro

ChampIsHere42's Arena

OVR: 6
Digital or Disk?

I'm really considering buying the digital version of the game this year instead of going to get a disk. I'm just wondering what most people do as far as buying the game. My internet isn't the greatest, so if I could just buy the game and download it at midnight, that would be so much easier. However, if I download it, do I have to install it after it downloads like you do for a disk? Just to install a new game takes like 4 hours, which is RIDICULOUS! And how do you go about buying it digitally? Get on your Xbox at midnight and go buy it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2014, 06:48 PM   #2
@HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Digital or Disk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampIsHere42
I'm really considering buying the digital version of the game this year instead of going to get a disk. I'm just wondering what most people do as far as buying the game. My internet isn't the greatest, so if I could just buy the game and download it at midnight, that would be so much easier. However, if I download it, do I have to install it after it downloads like you do for a disk? Just to install a new game takes like 4 hours, which is RIDICULOUS! And how do you go about buying it digitally? Get on your Xbox at midnight and go buy it?
Disk is tradeable, so when you get tired of it, or they put it in the EA Access Vault, you can trade it and get some money back out of it.
Old 08-18-2014, 06:55 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampIsHere42
I'll say this. If you're getting it on Xbox (which it looks like you are given your last sentence), Get it as a physical copy. (Because I dont think Xbox will have pre downloading). If you're getting it for PS4, then try it digitally. You can pre download it on Sunday, and it'll all be there ready to go waiting for midnight Monday. Especially if your internet isn't great as you say, maybe a Physical copy isn't a bad idea.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:00 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 1

Thanks to Best Buy deal (and me double dipping last year) I'll be getting this years version for $10, so disk for me. Normally I buy digital but if these sort of trade in deals become the norm that'll move me back to physical in a hurry (which may be exactly the point of them.)
Old 08-18-2014, 07:01 PM   #5
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

I have always bought physical copies of every game I get but this time I'm going to go digital.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2014, 07:03 PM   #6
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

OVR: 12

I go disk so I can trade it in sometime for $$$$$$$$. (ok more like just 1 $)
Old 08-18-2014, 07:13 PM   #7
Pro

ChampIsHere42's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
I'll say this. If you're getting it on Xbox (which it looks like you are given your last sentence), Get it as a physical copy. (Because I dont think Xbox will have pre downloading). If you're getting it for PS4, then try it digitally. You can pre download it on Sunday, and it'll all be there ready to go waiting for midnight Monday. Especially if your internet isn't great as you say, maybe a Physical copy isn't a bad idea.
You dont think Xbox users will have to install the disk when they first put it in? Why? Madden 25 had to be installed.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:19 PM   #8
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

I went digital this time around for convenience.

I'm on PS4 so I'm trying out the digital pre-loading option that A_Quiet_Pro referenced.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »