Home

what is the gaming community like on the PS4 compared to XB1?

This is a discussion on what is the gaming community like on the PS4 compared to XB1? within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2014, 02:48 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
what is the gaming community like on the PS4 compared to XB1?

Just curious cause I haven't bought a new system and would like to get some opinions. Is it to much of a younger crowd on one compared to the other? more sim style on one than the other? things like that. For any games too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2014, 08:03 AM   #2
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: what is the gaming community like on the PS4 compared to XB1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysfan440
Just curious cause I haven't bought a new system and would like to get some opinions. Is it to much of a younger crowd on one compared to the other? more sim style on one than the other? things like that. For any games too.
I was on xbox live for 11 years. I canceled my subscription when I got my PS4. The man differences I see are on live 90% of the people wore headsets, on PSN it seem like about 30% do. Which is fine with me because I don't gave to spend time muting them all.

Also the in game chat on the PS4 can be quite noisy at times so when I game with friends we always go into a party chat, much cleaner sounding.

As far as the games play online they have run smooth as silk for me so far, I have no complaints at all. The people are pretty much the same as on live, you will find mature people that like to play the games as designed, and you will find the idiot punks that only like to team kill, exploit glitches, and drive in the wrong direction.
Old 09-01-2014, 09:13 AM   #3
Pro

jacory12's Arena

OVR: 12

Just got both consoles and other than the voice chat quality, they are pretty much the same. XBL's voice chat is far superior due to the codec it uses, but PSN's is still usable. Therefore, it's hard to even tell a difference between the communities' age groups. You'll find people on both consoles to play with.
Old 09-04-2014, 04:26 PM   #4
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

I find the ps community rates games higher! It's like every game is awesome, where on xlive you'll see games rated 3 stars or below. It makes it harder to tell if games are leaning towards the sucky side or not - but on the plus size I'm noticing there are significantly more games total.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »