Home

Rookie free agent team

This is a discussion on Rookie free agent team within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2014, 01:06 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Rookie free agent team

I have played madden for many years and am looking for a greater challenge in the connected franchise mode. I will be playing on all madden difficulty and have decided to use a team made entirely of rookie players who went undrafted this year.

Rules so far-
-only undrafted rookies
-all madden difficulty
-only sign free agents with an overall under 70
-max of 4 trades a season (only two can involve players)
-In offseason can only sign one offensive and one defensive player above 70 overall

I am trying to make this franchise as difficult as possible. Any further ideas would be appreciated. I would also like any advice on which undrafted rookies to sign (ie. gems or just players you liked in college) thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2014, 02:15 AM   #2
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Re: Rookie free agent team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooper1
I have played madden for many years and am looking for a greater challenge in the connected franchise mode. I will be playing on all madden difficulty and have decided to use a team made entirely of rookie players who went undrafted this year.

Rules so far-
-only undrafted rookies
-all madden difficulty
-only sign free agents with an overall under 70
-max of 4 trades a season (only two can involve players)
-In offseason can only sign one offensive and one defensive player above 70 overall

I am trying to make this franchise as difficult as possible. Any further ideas would be appreciated. I would also like any advice on which undrafted rookies to sign (ie. gems or just players you liked in college) thanks
How will you handle the draft? Will you trade your first round picks for seventh rounders lol?

Some UDFA's I always have been a fan of:

QB: Kellen Moore (Boise, Lions), Chase Rettig (BC, Packers)
RB: Brandon Bolden (Ole Miss, NE Patriots)
WR: Kenbrell Thompkins (Cincy, Patriots)
Old 08-25-2014, 05:50 AM   #3
Rookie

I'll draft as normal, should be a lot harder to draft with the random classes this year. The limit on trades also stops me from stockpiling first round picks. The players you mentioned would be great additions to my team, but i'd prefer to just get players from the 2014 crop. I agree though would be awesome to get Kellen Moore back to his winning ways and Bolden has always performed well when he gets a chance for the Patriots.

The big names that i'll definately pick up are Connor Shaw, Brandon Coleman, Jackson Jeffcoat, Anthony Johnson and Shayne Skov.

Would enjoy any ideas for the secondary
Old 08-25-2014, 08:55 AM   #4
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
I'll draft as normal, should be a lot harder to draft with the random classes this year. The limit on trades also stops me from stockpiling first round picks. The players you mentioned would be great additions to my team, but i'd prefer to just get players from the 2014 crop. I agree though would be awesome to get Kellen Moore back to his winning ways and Bolden has always performed well when he gets a chance for the Patriots.

The big names that i'll definately pick up are Connor Shaw, Brandon Coleman, Jackson Jeffcoat, Anthony Johnson and Shayne Skov.

Not sure if these guys are in the game but here are some DB's who went undrafted in 2014:

Javon Marshall, S - Vanderbilt. (Atlanta)
Dexter Moody, S - Albany State. (Baltimore)
Darius Robinson, CB - Clemson (Buffalo)
Deion Belue, CB - Alabama (Miami)
Malcolm Butler - CB West Alabama (NE) - actually has a good shot of starting this year for the Pats.
Dion Baley, S - USC (Seattle)

These are a few guys I followed before the draft, I am a draft junkie lol.
Old 08-25-2014, 09:46 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:

Look at Henry Josey from Mizzou for a HB. Stud.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2014, 10:51 AM   #6
Rookie

iNolaNightmare's Arena

OVR: 1

For FB, if JC Copeland on the Cowboys from LSU is in the game, get him. Beast.

He's not in the game but may get patched in: Pierre Warren udfa S from the Saints.
Old 08-25-2014, 08:19 PM   #7
Rookie

1NFAMOU5808's Arena

Yesterday Oakland cut a UDFA by the name of Mike Davis- WR from Texas.

He's got respectable hands, decent speed.. Still not a very polished route runner. Nothing progression can't fix though.

If you're looking for a HB, you should take a look at James Wilder Jr. As a die hard 'Noles fan, he was part of a 'HB by committee' with Karlos Williams and Devonta Freeman. Wilder had some off the field issues and left school a Junior, but was signed by the Bengals.

Two other 'Noles that might pique your interest-- WR Kenny Shaw. 5'11 about.. 175-180, great for the slot. He has good hands, decent speed and runs good routes. He was very dependable over the course of his tenure.

Also, give Christian Jones a look- 6'3".. 240lbs. Ran a 4.7 40 [his big knock].. But dude is a HITTER. I still have no idea why he fell so badly in the draft.. a lot of the predictions I read was 2nd or 3rd Rounder.. But Chicago got him as a UDFA, insanity.
Old 08-25-2014, 08:29 PM   #8
Pro

Kenny Shaw (CLE then JAX, now FA) - WR - FSU
James Wilder Jr. (CIN)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »