Home

Last-Gen Impressions Thread (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on Last-Gen Impressions Thread (360/PS3) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2014, 01:09 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Last-Gen Impressions Thread (360/PS3)

I have been playing since season ticket and overall a very solid game.
Graphics are improved...body types, hair, uniforms look vastly improved
Assisted tackles are fixed
Stat overlays are nice
Solid updated commentary about your past weeks game
Game prep is solid...it brings back that madden 05 feel
Preseason is worth playing
Love the tackle cone
Subs seem to be better
I got a PI called on cpu

Things that are rough:
The songs are way to similar to MLB The Show...not sure why they picked those songs
No season stat overlays besides the qb`s
In career stats they dont keep track of the team the player played for
A few times a game I get studdering in game

I am happy with the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2014, 06:59 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Impression thread??

How the heck do we not have a stick impressions thread here? Last gen has quickly become the red-headed stepchild that none of the admins here seem to cares about.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:31 PM   #3
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

I personally don't know many people that told me they bought a ps4/xb1 and I know a lot of people that play videogames to some extent.I ask them and they tell me they don't think the upgrade is worth it right now because no games that came out tempted them into it.

It seems like this forum is the exception unless there's just a lot of 360/ps3 people that just don't care enough to bother posting as much anymore.I almost feel as if there are posters that felt pressure to get a new system based on being on this forum constantly.As if they need to maintain 1st class citizenship on OS.Of course it's a personal choice and I'm sure some just didn't mind putting out the money to get an improved but certainly somewhat flawed football game in typical EA fashion.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:37 PM   #4

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by i3man
How the heck do we not have a stick impressions thread here? Last gen has quickly become the red-headed stepchild that none of the admins here seem to cares about.
An impression thread doesn't have to be started by an "admin", anyone can start one.

Until there is no thread to stick there is no way to stick one.

Most of the mods have moved to current gen, remember, we are gamers just like you,

Feel free to start an official impressions thread and I will be happy to stick it (or a simple PM would have sufficed).
Old 08-26-2014, 09:42 PM   #5
Rookie

jagsfan82's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidgames

Things that are rough:
The songs are way to similar to MLB The Show...not sure why they picked those songs
How do you view the songs that are in the game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2014, 09:44 PM   #6
Pro

blueprint 10.0's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeosdistress

this game seems alot harder than m25, really dont like the new pass rush stuff.

It is definitely harder. But that is a welcome change. I went 3-2 over my 1st 5 games vs CPU on All-Madden default settings. 8min quarters. Running is very difficult and there is a learning curve on player momentum driven movements. With no slider adjustments the CPU QB is too accurate but that can be fixed. I am very optimistic that even with the lack of features that are present in the XBOX ONE iteration, M15 is the best Madden in a long, long time. I lost to the 49ers by 14, lost to Denver by 13 and beat the 49ers by 10, Panthers by 3 (in OT) and Tampa By by 17. Btw, the All 22 camera angle is in the game.
Old 08-26-2014, 11:44 PM   #7
Rookie

romeosdistress's Arena

OVR: 1

it was just one game in the wee hours of the night. about to dedicate some more time to it.
Old 08-27-2014, 01:42 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Can anyone tell me if all the confidence stuff that I've read about for connected franchises on Xbox one are in the 360 version? I don't play online and haven't bought a madden in years as they never seem to change, but after reading about the off-field team chemistry stuff I'm intrigued again. I just want to make sure 360 has it though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »