Home

Buyers remorse (M15). Anyone??

This is a discussion on Buyers remorse (M15). Anyone?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2014, 03:11 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Buyers remorse (M15). Anyone??

I've had a few years where I purchased Madden which I regretted within the first few days(some hours). This year, it's going to be even more interesting w/ no NCAA game and next Gen consoles released.

So, what's everyone's thoughts? Regret the purchase or is it a (last gen) game worth getting. Picking mine up tonight (unless the reviews here are overwhelming!)

-b
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2014, 03:19 PM   #2
Rookie

ksteward84's Arena

Re: Buyers remorse (M15). Anyone??

This is a good purchase for me, this is probably the last madden I'm getting for PS3 though. Idk how long I'll keep this generation, but I know this is probably going to be the last madden that has new features added.
Old 08-26-2014, 03:23 PM   #3
Rookie

Rysumm's Arena

OVR: 1

I played the early release on ps3 and it is almost exactly like m25 but better A.I. Graphically it is almost exactly as well. Slightly better graphics but almost un-noticeable. I will most likely get it though because I enjoyed m25 last year and felt it was the best madden to date. Even a slight improvement is enough for me to get it. But I would expect a lot more on next gen if it's not amazingly better on next gen I would stick with ps3. I personally have not seen enough from next gen to warrant a $400 dollar device upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-26-2014, 06:05 PM   #4
Rookie

LastExit's Arena

I'm not quite ready yet to take the leap to the next gen console, but I'm getting close.

Given all that was added to the next gen version, I can't justify paying $60 for a PS3 version of the game. In my opinion it's just not worth it....if anything I'll wait for Black Friday and hope for a big price cut.

On a side note, I don't get EA's logic behind not adding more to the PS3/XBox version. Maybe we are few and far in between in regards to those who haven't gotten a new console but I have a hard time believing that......it would make sense for them to either try to get our version as close to the next gen version as possible or to offer this game on our platforms at a reduced cost (say, $40.00).
Old 08-26-2014, 07:04 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastExit
On a side note, I don't get EA's logic behind not adding more to the PS3/XBox version. Maybe we are few and far in between in regards to those who haven't gotten a new console but I have a hard time believing that......it would make sense for them to either try to get our version as close to the next gen version as possible or to offer this game on our platforms at a reduced cost (say, $40.00).
I have to agree with just this part. I know that EA has made FIFA 15 pretty close to the 1 and 4 versions. I know that with NHL they are different. I am just surprised at some of the stuff on the 1 and 4 didn't make it's way back to the 360 and 3. One main thing is the Player lock. It was in NCAA 14 on those systems why isn't it in Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2014, 07:20 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

I picked up the 360 version. The 360 will be my last gaming console, so once those games end that's it for me. I'm a sucker for punishment...

Haven't played it yet, but I'm a simple guy who doesn't get caught up in every little error within the game. I think I've had "buyers remorse" with most every game I've played, with the exception of a small handful. Madden always ends up disappointing me, so maybe the AI is a little better this year. I often get slider-itus and just give up...
Old 08-26-2014, 07:20 PM   #7
Rookie

No Wayy Andre's Arena

Nope, at least not yet. I will say that it plays very close to Madden 25, but the slight difference is enough for me to be able to tell it's a different game.

I think if you're someone who loves Madden and loves football, you should buy the game. I don't know if it's officially the last Madden for last gen but I know it will be the last one I buy, simply because I'm looking to be on the XB1 next year.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:46 PM   #8
Rookie

fripperiffic's Arena

OVR: 1

Like a nasty habit, after two years off, I picked up Madden for the PS3.....Plus I'm a die hard Seahawks fan, so I figured it would be fun to dominate with them!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »