Home

Simmed 10 Years and Adrian Peterson is still playing?

This is a discussion on Simmed 10 Years and Adrian Peterson is still playing? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2014, 12:56 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3

So I simmed 10-Years in Connected Careers and to my surprise, Adrian Peterson is still an elite RB with an OVR of 90+ in his late 30's. He has crushed the all-time rushing record with over 28,000 rushing yards. The funny thing is that he is not the only one still around.

Marshawn Lynch and LeSean McCoy are still elite with OVRs above 90 while being in their late 30's.

The funny thing is that in this same franchise, the younger QBs such as Cap, Cam, and RGIII have all retired.

For what it's worth...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2014, 01:05 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Simmed 10 Years and Adrian Peterson is still playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eraserx13
So I simmed 10-Years in Connected Careers and to my surprise, Adrian Peterson is still an elite RB with an OVR of 90+ in his late 30's. He has crushed the all-time rushing record with over 28,000 rushing yards. The funny thing is that he is not the only one still around.

Marshawn Lynch and LeSean McCoy are still elite with OVRs above 90 while being in their late 30's.

The funny thing is that in this same franchise, the younger QBs such as Cap, Cam, and RGIII have all retired.

For what it's worth...
I have been doing plenty of sims trying to figure out what is going on with sim stats and progression and I believe they're directly related. With the broken sim stats, QB's are getting dramatically worse overall and the opposite is happening to RB's.
Old 08-27-2014, 01:50 AM   #3
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue&Gold
I have been doing plenty of sims trying to figure out what is going on with sim stats and progression and I believe they're directly related. With the broken sim stats, QB's are getting dramatically worse overall and the opposite is happening to RB's.
Im going to attempt to do a 32 team CFM tomorrow. Ill start very game and super sim to the end. Im hoping it will give realistic numbers. But simming has always had issues of its own. It takes about 5 minutes to load sim and start loading the next. Would take about 20 hours to do all 16 weeks. Should be able to tell how things are going after 4 or so weeks though.
Old 08-27-2014, 05:41 PM   #4
Rookie

RBs playing in their late 30's just doesn't happen in the game today. So to have 3 of them in CFM is rather ridiculous.

It really shouldn't matter if the SIM stats are messed up or not or if there is a fix. RBs breakdown after a certain number of carriers. There are some that defy those laws but they are far and few between, ie Walter Payton, Emmitt Smith.

If anything, there will be some variance but not to the degree that I have seen where Adrian Peterson destroys the rushing record by 50%.

If this is not a bug, someone needs to watch a few more NFL games.
Old 08-27-2014, 05:50 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Check out their spd ratings. I bet they have around 60 spd. Everything else wouldn't decline so dramatically. I saw this with Andre Johnson being an 88-90 all the way to 41 in my texans cfm. Dude wouldn't retire and I love em to much ro cut him.

He was so slow though, like 60 spd. I never played him when I played a game, but when I simmed a game he would put up decent numbers because all his other relevant stats had stayed high.

This years cfm has some interesting issues.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2014, 05:52 PM   #6
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by eraserx13
RBs playing in their late 30's just doesn't happen in the game today. So to have 3 of them in CFM is rather ridiculous.

It really shouldn't matter if the SIM stats are messed up or not or if there is a fix. RBs breakdown after a certain number of carriers. There are some that defy those laws but they are far and few between, ie Walter Payton, Emmitt Smith.

If anything, there will be some variance but not to the degree that I have seen where Adrian Peterson destroys the rushing record by 50%.

If this is not a bug, someone needs to watch a few more NFL games.

The issue is that the game doesn't know the RBs are breaking down because the sim engine is still force feeding them 300-400 carries per year.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 08-27-2014, 05:53 PM   #7
Rookie

Shady862's Arena

Peterson is an animal. He will be the first to defeat father time lol.

In all seriousness I think Peterson is probably one of the last that will have an opportunity to approach smith's record.
Old 08-27-2014, 06:32 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexInOrd
This years cfm has some interesting issues.
That's one way to put it...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »