Home

I'm sorry I just really need to vent, No disrespect intended.

This is a discussion on I'm sorry I just really need to vent, No disrespect intended. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2014, 02:11 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 2
I'm sorry I just really need to vent, No disrespect intended.

For me, It's quite simple. Every version of Madden has sucked since Looman has been in charge. The last decent version of Madden was M12.. Madden is forcing you to become a thumb jockey. They have taken away CPU vs CPU where you can truly operate as strictly a Coach. For three years hundreds of players like myself have asked for that feature to be returned. If nothing else, just let us return the controller to the middle and let us watch. Looman has made every excuse possible stating it can't be incorporated in the game, ALTHOUGH IT HAS BEEN THERE FOR YEARS. Has it ever accorded to EA that some of us may be physically handy-capped and can not use a controller well.. BUT we still love to manage a team. I love to use my intelligence, build a team, develop players, create playbooks, set up game plans, and then watch it all play out in front of my eyes. That is also part of FB. EA says they have a coach mode. But I do not know of any coach in FB that has to make the QB throw or run, Kick FG or Punt the ball..Madden also has never fixed issues that has been in the game for years. Sliders, penalties, Stats, Madden is nothing but a Graphic and roster update. They have taken more great features out of the game then they have added, EA is now simply a Monopoly and can do whatever they please. It will remain this way until another company develops a FB game. I will continue to play M12 and thank GOD for the great editing people at OPERATION SPORTS especially PeoplesChampGB that have created the New 15 roster and franchise for DL to xbox and PS3 to keep the game alive. THANK YOU guys.. EA should take a lesson from you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2014, 07:49 PM   #2
Pro

kcsam's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: I'm sorry I just really need to vent, No disrespect intended.

I'm 100% with you. Great post. You've summed it up enough where I'm left with nothing to add.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:50 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0

While I agree a true coach mode is necessary, whats there is close enough for me until it gets there. I Stick with pocket passer qbs so you dont have to complain about them never scrambling. I Draft worse kickers if you dont want to make every fg or coffin every punt. But everything else can be done by the computer once the ball is hiked. Not only that, but I can decide the cadence, I can make hot route adjustments and audibles if need be.

I know this isnt optimal and it is upsetting this hasnt been fixed. But josh has done an incredible job improving the depth of madden with the schemes added from hc09. They incorporated actual physics the games, and other than cpu vs cpu and a few tedious issues, plays amazing. I love it, especially on all madden sliders tweaked to 25 for everything(both cpu and human) except the kicking sliders, which are 50 fgp 25 fga 50pp 100 pa 50 ko. 50 injury and fatigue, normal speed, 0 threshold(so dl dont catch runaway rbs). Just set the auto subs high for positions you want to rotate more and low for the ones who shouldnt come out unless dying from exhaustion.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:54 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 7

Vtown, I liked that slider set for 25, have you checked it in 15?
Old 09-05-2014, 04:49 PM   #5
Rookie

Great post, and honestly, the graphics are only getting worse in my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2014, 01:35 AM   #6
Rookie

Man, I've been playing 360 on my computer for the past few days. Just popped in Madden 11... it looks BETTER than 25 on my monitor... wtf...
Old 09-07-2014, 10:16 AM   #7
Banned

PatsSB2015's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveCluby
For me, It's quite simple. Every version of Madden has sucked since Looman has been in charge. The last decent version of Madden was M12.. Madden is forcing you to become a thumb jockey. They have taken away CPU vs CPU where you can truly operate as strictly a Coach. For three years hundreds of players like myself have asked for that feature to be returned. If nothing else, just let us return the controller to the middle and let us watch. Looman has made every excuse possible stating it can't be incorporated in the game, ALTHOUGH IT HAS BEEN THERE FOR YEARS. Has it ever accorded to EA that some of us may be physically handy-capped and can not use a controller well.. BUT we still love to manage a team. I love to use my intelligence, build a team, develop players, create playbooks, set up game plans, and then watch it all play out in front of my eyes. That is also part of FB. EA says they have a coach mode. But I do not know of any coach in FB that has to make the QB throw or run, Kick FG or Punt the ball..Madden also has never fixed issues that has been in the game for years. Sliders, penalties, Stats, Madden is nothing but a Graphic and roster update. They have taken more great features out of the game then they have added, EA is now simply a Monopoly and can do whatever they please. It will remain this way until another company develops a FB game. I will continue to play M12 and thank GOD for the great editing people at OPERATION SPORTS especially PeoplesChampGB that have created the New 15 roster and franchise for DL to xbox and PS3 to keep the game alive. THANK YOU guys.. EA should take a lesson from you.
I think you wrote what is represented by a lot of people. In my opinion, Looman thinks he's making a game that we want, but in reality, he's making the game he wants. CPU vs. CPU is possible as the workaround can attest. For three years, we demanded it back in and he refused to put it back in.

Does anyone know how Madden did in its first week in sales?
Old 09-07-2014, 01:31 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndresTrujillo1
Great post, and honestly, the graphics are only getting worse in my opinion.
Well, that may be because you're playing on a graphically outdated system. The graphics are great and are an improvement to last years version, when it comes to current-gen systems.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »