Home

NHL 15 Post-Launch Content Update

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Post-Launch Content Update within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2014, 11:00 PM   #1
EA Sports NHL

OVR: 0
NHL 15 Post-Launch Content Update

(This post has been promoted to the homepage. Written by NHL 15 Producer, Sean Ramjagsingh)

Thanks for being part of this journey as we head into the launch of NHL 15 on the Xbox One and the PlayStation 4, the start of a new generation of hockey videogames. We’re incredibly proud of the next-generation gameplay and presentation experience we’ve created for all our fans. From the Next-Generation Hockey Player and True Hockey Physics to the Unrivalled In-Arena Experience and a revolution in Broadcast Presentation, I’m extremely proud of what our team has delivered in one year on new technology. The focus on a new gameplay and presentation engine will not only deliver a great game now, but also give us the foundation to deliver next-generation hockey experiences to you for the years to come.

However, we’re not done. We’re committed to keeping the experience fresh throughout the hockey season, in addition to the roster and ratings updates you’ve always received, the list below contains the free content updates for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 we’re working on and our expected window on when you will see them in the game:

September:

Playoff Mode
Create a custom offline tournament bracket with up to 16 teams from any of the 12 leagues in the game. Play or simulate each game and track player and team stats throughout the tournament.

Be A Pro - Coach Feedback
Get the coach’s feedback while you are on the bench. The coach will give you tips on how to stay on top of your game and grade you on your play.

3 Stars of the Game
At the end of the game, see the three stars and their high level stats. Will apply to every game mode.

Hockey Ultimate Team
Several content updates, including:
• Changed layout and navigation in HUT store
• New animations for player items
• Improved edit lines screen to better identify players that are injured or require contract extensions

October:

Online Team Play
Online multiplayer mode where every player on the ice can be human controlled.

GM Draft
For the first time in the NHL franchise, you will be put on the clock and feel the pressure like real NHL GM’s. You will now only have 3 minutes to make a draft pick. If the pressure is too much, you can also call timeouts to extend the amount of time you have to make a draft pick or potentially negotiate a trade. You can make trades at any time during the draft. The CPU will also propose trades to each other and the user throughout the draft.

------

As always your feedback is fundamental to how we make NHL better and better, so we will also be looking to what you want to see implemented in the game.

Thanks
Sean
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2014, 11:03 PM   #2
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: NHL 15: Post-launch Content Update

Wasn't going to buy it......now I will. Thanks for the update Sean.

Last edited by therizing02; 09-07-2014 at 11:05 PM.
Old 09-07-2014, 11:06 PM   #3
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Will we get custom created players for use in OTP at all this year? Will there be stat tracking and leaderboards?

What about all of the other missing features, is this expected to be all that is addressed for NHL 15 next gen?
Old 09-07-2014, 11:09 PM   #4
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Needs more movement toward feature parity in Be a GM and BaP before I buy.

BaP:

-sim to next shift
-start in CHL
-be assigned/play in AHL

BaGM

-Pre-season
-Gen 3 AHL integration: fully playable AHL/AHL players accumulate stats
-edit/assign jersey numbers
-properly assign goalie equipment for traded goaltenders so they don't wear old team colors

Misc

-Edit player added to creation zone
Old 09-07-2014, 11:12 PM   #5
Banned

Nabz's Arena

OVR: 2

Honestly, if you guys plan on eliminating modes just to add them later on in the year I really hope the sales go down. I'm not tryna be too harsh but these modes should be available at launch, as they've been previous years. Also hope the commentary adds on intensity if possible later on, in the demo it was just missing that and player models seemed big. And skill stick seemed like it got taken away of a lot of the stuff it's had. Ice and Arena's look amazing. But the graphic upgrade wasn't that big of a jump as one would hope since last gen the graphics were amazing imo.

Saw that the game is around apparently 23 gb so that would explain it.

Anyways hope it didn't sound like I hated on too much, just disappointed honestly this has been the bright spot of EA besides FIFA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2014, 11:16 PM   #6
Rookie

Rhaze48's Arena

Re: NHL 15 Post-Launch Content Update

Not the ideal way I would have liked this to go, but a good start. Still looking for BAP mode to have its features added back in CHL/AHL/etc but I am willing to give it a chance in a few months now.
Old 09-07-2014, 11:23 PM   #7
EA Sports NHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabz
Honestly, if you guys plan on eliminating modes just to add them later on in the year I really hope the sales go down. I'm not tryna be too harsh but these modes should be available at launch, as they've been previous years. Also hope the commentary adds on intensity if possible later on, in the demo it was just missing that and player models seemed big. And skill stick seemed like it got taken away of a lot of the stuff it's had. Ice and Arena's look amazing. But the graphic upgrade wasn't that big of a jump as one would hope since last gen the graphics were amazing imo.

Saw that the game is around apparently 23 gb so that would explain it.

Anyways hope it didn't sound like I hated on too much, just disappointed honestly this has been the bright spot of EA besides FIFA.
Thanks for the note...just to be clear, we didn't plan on eliminating modes but rather had to prioritize the order of features that we rebuilt on the new consoles. It took us 8 years to get all the depth that 14 had and bringing it all back in one year was pretty much impossible.

-rammer
Old 09-07-2014, 11:23 PM   #8
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NHL 15 Post-Launch Content Update

I like this a lot. But hello! EDIT PLAYER? When is it coming? Ate these the only content updates we'll see?
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »