Home

Tiny confidence rant

This is a discussion on Tiny confidence rant within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2014, 07:38 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Tiny confidence rant

So, my QB has really low confidence. We are coming off of a 1-15 season and are now 6-4 after winning a tough low-scoring affair with Dallas. In the game, my QB goes 22-35 for 200 yards with 0 TD and 0 INT. Certainly not an amazing performance. Still, did he deserve to LOSE three points of confidence, saying "I had a terrible game!"???

I completed 63% of my passes and didn't turn the ball over and we won a close game against a division opponent. Sheesh.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2014, 08:20 PM   #2
Rookie

JHTJ's Arena

Re: Tiny confidence rant

Agreed. I could possibly see a -1 "I should have contributed more," but even that's debateable. I might operate a run heavy, 3 back rotating, mauling OL needed offense requiring the QB to do little more than manage the game. I would like to think he wouldn't be penalized for doing exactly what's asked of him.

EA: "You will run a balanced offense and you will like it."
Old 09-09-2014, 12:27 AM   #3
Banned

if i dont play game prep every week, what happens?
Old 09-09-2014, 07:12 AM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by graman
if i dont play game prep every week, what happens?
The coaches do your game prep for you.
Old 09-09-2014, 08:11 AM   #5
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbattisti
So, my QB has really low confidence. We are coming off of a 1-15 season and are now 6-4 after winning a tough low-scoring affair with Dallas. In the game, my QB goes 22-35 for 200 yards with 0 TD and 0 INT. Certainly not an amazing performance. Still, did he deserve to LOSE three points of confidence, saying "I had a terrible game!"???

I completed 63% of my passes and didn't turn the ball over and we won a close game against a division opponent. Sheesh.
Who is your QB? What was the final score? And how were all your points scored (long runs, FG's, defensively etc)? From that stats you provided it doesn't sound like your QB did much to help your team win. In the real NFL that would be a below average day for most QB's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2014, 09:17 AM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
Who is your QB? What was the final score? And how were all your points scored (long runs, FG's, defensively etc)? From that stats you provided it doesn't sound like your QB did much to help your team win. In the real NFL that would be a below average day for most QB's.
24-14, rookie QB, three rushing TDs. Rushed for somewhere around 180 with two RB. Won time of possession 35-25. Just a lot of long grinding drives. Good 3rd down efficiency. Honestly it was a solid game management performance from a rookie QB.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:25 AM   #7
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

IMO stats really need to be something that are a bonus but not necessary if you win the game. If you lose and throw a bunch of picks then yea confidence should go down. In the situation you described it doesn't make sense for it to go down.

How badly I want the opportunity to sit down and tweak all the CFM stuff.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 09-09-2014, 09:49 AM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
IMO stats really need to be something that are a bonus but not necessary if you win the game. If you lose and throw a bunch of picks then yea confidence should go down. In the situation you described it doesn't make sense for it to go down.

How badly I want the opportunity to sit down and tweak all the CFM stuff.
I actually really like the confidence idea. But yeah, I have a huge craving to rewrite the algorithm.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »