Home

Sense Pressure Trait is fubar and why there are too many sacks on CPU

This is a discussion on Sense Pressure Trait is fubar and why there are too many sacks on CPU within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2014, 05:34 AM   #1
Pro

Dbrentonbuck's Arena

OVR: 6
Sense Pressure Trait is fubar and why there are too many sacks on CPU

So, I got so frustrated after sacking Drew Brees 5 times manually and 11 times as a team with one of the worst rated D-lines in the game (Falcons) that I was determined to figure out what the problem was. I went back and looked at the last half of my game and analyzed every single sack. On one occasion Drew shook off a tackle and Kroy Biermann fell to the ground, got back up, shook off a second OT block and caught back up to Brees who had stepped back up into the pocket only to sack him anyway. I watched this replay a dozen times and was amazed. Brees avoided being tackled and avoided pressure from 2 other rushers by running up into the pocket... and... then.... stood there. He stood there so long that his WR had run into the endzone, across the field and run back out of the endzone toward him waving their hands for him to throw it...... and he stood there.

Week 2 - Enter Andy Dalton. So week 2 I play the Bengals and Dalton was acting like Peyton freakin Manning. He would step up into the pocket to avoid pressure, look for an open receiver and if none was available he would throw the ball away. It was the best game of Madden I played this year. Every sack I did get, it was earned and it was hard. No way if Dalton shook off a tackle would he stand there and wait till the guy got back up from the ground. He would either throw it, try to get some yards on the ground or throw it away. It was perfect. The Bengals lit me up and that was the first game I lost since I bought the game.

So that got me thinking. I went in and analyzed everything about both QBs to see what in the world could make Brees play like Dalton and Dalton play like Brees. It is the sense pressure trait that is the issue. I tested this over and over. I can still sack Dalton 4 or 5 times or so as a team, but I consider myself to be very good at playing the D line. Each sack is earned. I can almost sack Brees at will. He always holds onto the ball way too long.

My theory is that the Sense Pressure trait is bugged and Ideal may actually be Oblivious and Trigger Happy could be Ideal. I say that because reading the description of Oblivious is exactly how Brees acted (holding onto the ball too long, taking too many sacks). I believe that the labels may actually be pointing to incorrect traits in the data base. Test it yourself. Play exclusively on the D Line against a QB with sense pressure ideal and then using the same team play against a QB with sense pressure trigger happy. Marvel at the difference.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2014, 05:39 AM   #2
MVP

FluffyTonka's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Sense Pressure Trait is fubar and why there are too many sacks on CPU

yeah, I'm beginning to think when we see great games here and there followed by 3 crap ones, its the qb we come up against and whatever their sense pressure is set to.

Just sacked Brady with sense pressure 'ideal' ... sacked him 6 times and it was only half time.

this is worth testing further!
Old 09-12-2014, 05:39 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 2

That is interesting has I hadn't looked at players traits before man come on EA and fix this already!
Old 09-12-2014, 05:43 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 2

This could explain why the first 3 games when I played the game and had the QB slider on 50 why I didn't see the CPU holding on to the ball and tacking sacks has I only had 5 in 3 games and why ever sences I lowerd the QB slider why I am getting so many. It could have just been that the first 3 games I was lucking and not playing a QB with sense pressure trait and that no I have just been so happen to be playing games agest QB with that trait has I thought it maybe was the QB slider being below 50. So out of the 32 starting QB how many have the sense pressure trait?
Old 09-12-2014, 06:37 AM   #5
Pro

Dbrentonbuck's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkknightrises
This could explain why the first 3 games when I played the game and had the QB slider on 50 why I didn't see the CPU holding on to the ball and tacking sacks has I only had 5 in 3 games and why ever sences I lowerd the QB slider why I am getting so many. It could have just been that the first 3 games I was lucking and not playing a QB with sense pressure trait and that no I have just been so happen to be playing games agest QB with that trait has I thought it maybe was the QB slider being below 50. So out of the 32 starting QB how many have the sense pressure trait?
They all have it... it is just a matter of what it is set to. You can have Ideal, Trigger Happy, Average, Panic or Oblivious. The only two I have had time to test is Ideal (which behaves like Oblivious) and Trigger Happy which is much much better. You could theoretically go through and change every top QB to trigger happy (as some have done I believe) but that won't help with drafted QBs in franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2014, 09:21 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

This makes a lot of sense. This is why EA should remove some these ratings, sliders, etc. Pretty much every EA football game has had something reversed or broken which kills the game for me.

They need to take a page out of Tecmo Bowls book and simplify the game a bit. You always knew who the stars were and they always played like stars. In EA football games, its pretty hard to tell who the stars should be as most middling players play just as well or just as bad.
Old 09-12-2014, 11:00 AM   #7
Rookie

Soonerskinsfan81's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbrentonbuck
They all have it... it is just a matter of what it is set to. You can have Ideal, Trigger Happy, Average, Panic or Oblivious. The only two I have had time to test is Ideal (which behaves like Oblivious) and Trigger Happy which is much much better. You could theoretically go through and change every top QB to trigger happy (as some have done I believe) but that won't help with drafted QBs in franchise.
Yeah guys like A&S are using qb edits but like you said, it won't help once you get 2-3 yrs deep in franchise.

EA/Tiburon's team should take note! How can they not see it when testing games vs Cpu?
Good find bro!
Old 09-12-2014, 02:35 PM   #8
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

I wonder if "Trigger Happy" will lead to a lot of checkdowns...

Maybe "average" is the way to go, which will then make AWR the "difference maker" between players...

Interesting...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »