Home

Advice for simming seasons?

This is a discussion on Advice for simming seasons? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2014, 11:05 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Advice for simming seasons?

Hey all -

Does anyone here flat out run a CFM just to sim games and manage the franchise? I used to have a lot of fun doing this when I was a kid, but I wanted to know if the fun factor remains for some people. I have a CFM where I do play every game, but sometimes I don't have an hour plus to sit down and play a game.

Anyone have any tips to make a simulation-based CFM fun and engaging? I'm aware of all the funds issues people are having--I'm actually kind of finding these "problems" challenging and rewarding, although I do hope they add some sort of difficulty slider to the CFM mode in general, a la NHL's Be a GM mode.

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2014, 11:17 PM   #2
Rookie

Sheep Ballz's Arena

Re: Advice for simming seasons?

If you have issues with the financial side of things, just do a CFM as a coach. It's basically the exact same thing, you just don't have to deal with managing ticket prices, concessions, and other financial things. You also don't have to worry about being put on financial probation by the league if you finish a season with negative funds.

The only downside to being a coach as opposed to owner is that you lose the ability to upgrade your stadium, build a new one, or relocate your team.
Old 09-14-2014, 03:51 AM   #3
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep Ballz
If you have issues with the financial side of things, just do a CFM as a coach. It's basically the exact same thing, you just don't have to deal with managing ticket prices, concessions, and other financial things. You also don't have to worry about being put on financial probation by the league if you finish a season with negative funds.

The only downside to being a coach as opposed to owner is that you lose the ability to upgrade your stadium, build a new one, or relocate your team.
You can just start your franchise as the owner go through the rebuild/relocate and then retire and become the HC.
Old 09-14-2014, 10:10 AM   #4
Rookie

Sheep Ballz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
You can just start your franchise as the owner go through the rebuild/relocate and then retire and become the HC.
I didn't know you could do that. I thought that once you're retired from a team, you have to pick a different one and that team is no longer contollable.

With my Raiders CFM, I once took control of the Bucs to 'force' a trade, and then retired the owner. When I looked at the team list for adding a new character a couple seasons later, the Bucs were grayed out and unselectable.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »