Home

NBA2K15 MyTeam, Everthing We Know So Far

This is a discussion on NBA2K15 MyTeam, Everthing We Know So Far within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2014, 03:04 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 17
NBA2K15 MyTeam, Everthing We Know So Far

NBA2K15 MyTeam info was reviled 9/12/14 via OS interview with Kelly Wilson, from Visual Concepts and NBA2K weekly live with Ronnie2K. A ton of info was release and I'll be organizing it here.

A major feature that many fans of MyTeam have been asking for since its introduction in NBA2K13 is making its way into 2K15 MyTeam.

The Auction House - will be place were you can buy and sell cards. Ronnie referred to it as the ebay of MyTeam. Player will set the starting bid price and buy out price. Cards will be on the market limited time. From the screen released it looks like transactions will be made with MT points, no word on wonder or not VC will be valid in the Auction.

New MT points system
"Another feature we are excited to announce is that our game modes now work with a dynamic MyTEAM Point scoring system in game, meaning the better you play the more points you will earn."
I thinks this is great addition, I like that they are rewarding good players. I hope this integrated in all game modes

Packs
Of course packs are back. Its look like they will no longer be team packs. They got rid of the tier theme packs (gold, silver, bronze) too. Cards will be pooled into standard packs and you'll be able to pull bronze, silver, and gold cards from the same pack. No word on wonder classic players and currant players will be pooled into the same standard pack.
They reduce the price of packs but my question is how often will yo pull a payer from these new cheap packs. In 2k13 gold packs were 1,500vc it was no grantee on pulling a player. In 2k14 gold packs were 13,000vc but you were granted a gold player. I'm interested to see the price point for 2k15 frequency of good value card form these standard packs.
They are also introducing specialty packs that will be available for a limited time. Once the time expires they'll be pooled with the rest of the cards.

Cards
Bernard King, Bob Cousy, Nate Archibald, Rick Barry, Tom Chambers, Kevin Johnson and many more classic player card were added. More card tier have been added, Throwback Card is the only one reviled so far.
Specialty cards will be added throughout the season. Ex. per Ronnie, "If Steph Curry goes for like 65 one game shouldn't he have kind of a super card to represent that thing, and kawhi leonard winning the finals MVP it would really awesome to put out a card the next day. You are going to see a lot more of the in 2k15."

Road To Playoff
is back with some improvements. Now when fist start they'll be some rosters restrictions. So no longer players will be able to stack a all gold line up out the gate. As you advance through seeds resections will be lift. Rewards for advancing seeds will be retuning. Difficulty will start out on Pro and raise as you move up in seeds, highest difficuly being superstar.

I really don't get why they feel the need to dumb down the gameplay in the lower seeds by setting it on pro difficulty. You're restricted to using bronze player why put it on pro difficulty were these bronze players can play like gold players. Once again these lower seed games are going to be a three point fest. Come on 2K give us a fix difficulty level (HOF or SS) from seed 8 till 1
Play With Friends
will be making a return, no info on this mode his been release. My problems with this mode in 2K14 was that their were no customization options and you didn't earn MT points in this mode. You clould change quarter length, difficulty setting, or game style. Which was annoying because you were force to play 6 min quarters on pro difficulty .

Domination
is back and revamped. In 2k15 the tams will be ranked form 30th to 1st they are no longer organize by divisions. You start out by playing the worst team and you have to earn a star to unlock the next playable team. This year you have to win the game as well as earn a set amount of MT points.
The higher the team rank the more point you'll need to earn stars. From the Dom. screen you can see OKC rank 9th and you'll have to earn 750 MT points for a 1 star, 755 for 2 stars and 760 for 3 stars.
The difficulty level will be set on Pro. So Domination shouldn't be challenging. Once you earn all 99 stars you'll be rewarded with Nate Archibald.

Challenges
basically is their interpretation of tournaments this year. Weekly Challenges will be added some multiplayer one too. you'll have to face of against theme lineups with restrictions on the lineup you can bring to battle it out with to complete the Challenges and earn rewards. They will be taking community feed back and adding some Challenges form the community. Difficulty level depending on the Challenge level. Challenges level ranging from 1 to 5.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2014, 01:15 PM   #2
Rookie

HarrySTruman's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA2K15 MyTeam, Everthing We Know So Far

Nice post. So these Challenges will include solo as well as multiplayer games? I actually prefer to play MyTeam solo.

Also, do we know whether MyTeam will track player stats across their entire MyTeam careers?
Old 10-06-2014, 02:46 PM   #3
Rookie

Can someone go through and post a list/screenshot of the new historic players?
Old 10-07-2014, 12:10 AM   #4
Rookie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51Sm...tailpage#t=179

Video showing off the new legends
Old 10-08-2014, 10:05 AM   #5
Rookie

MR B1G D3AL's Arena

Does anyone know if you have to use all bronze players to succeed in getting 3 stars again? I've only tried it with them so far but do not want to waste contracts for my golds if so.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2014, 11:35 AM   #6
Pro

CD90's Arena

OVR: 5

You can use every player you want
Old 10-08-2014, 12:56 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scramz718

Domination
is back and revamped. In 2k15 the tams will be ranked form 30th to 1st they are no longer organize by divisions. You start out by playing the worst team and you have to earn a star to unlock the next playable team. This year you have to win the game as well as earn a set amount of MT points.
The higher the team rank the more point you'll need to earn stars. From the Dom. screen you can see OKC rank 9th and you'll have to earn 750 MT points for a 1 star, 755 for 2 stars and 760 for 3 stars.
The difficulty level will be set on Pro. So Domination shouldn't be challenging. Once you earn all 99 stars you'll be rewarded with Nate Archibald.

Challenges
basically is their interpretation of tournaments this year. Weekly Challenges will be added some multiplayer one too. you'll have to face of against theme lineups with restrictions on the lineup you can bring to battle it out with to complete the Challenges and earn rewards. They will be taking community feed back and adding some Challenges form the community. Difficulty level depending on the Challenge level. Challenges level ranging from 1 to 5.
I played one game of domination and one challenge with my general difficulty set as pro. It was super easy, but I also didn't get any rewards for it. The game also never registered that I beat them. I turned my difficulty to all star and it was a lot harder, but I got the rewards. Is this how it is supposed to work? Could it have just been the servers acting up? I'm leaning towards no, because either way it definitely seemed that my difficulty setting in the main menu effected gameplay, so I don't think domination gameplay is automatically set to pro.
Old 10-08-2014, 11:25 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 4

From the looks of it, it looks like Rebounds is the key to getting 3 stars in Domination. It also doesn't seem like Bronze Players matters when playing Domination. I had a team made of mostly Silver players (including Rookie Durant) and I managed to get 3 stars in every game so far in Domination. I'm up to the Denver Nuggets now and I've gotten 3 star packs in every game prior. Try to get a lot of rebounds in Domination games. Get two great Rebounding bigs in the paint and try to clean up on the boards. You can hit 20 three pointers but it doesn't seem to get you much like rebounds would.

PG: Reward Amethyst Steve Francis
SG: Jamal Crawford (Hawks)
SF: Kevin Durant
PF: Carmelo Anthony
C: DeMarcus Cousins

6th: Stephen Curry

Coach: Doc Rivers
Playbook: Phoenix Suns

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »