Home

HUT guide for noobs?

This is a discussion on HUT guide for noobs? within the EA Sports NHL Hockey Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Hockey Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2014, 05:09 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
HUT guide for noobs?

After seeing on Twitch how many people are into playing HUT I am interested in checking it out. However I know nothing much about it. Rather than wasting my starter pack and not approaching things the best way by stumbling through it, I was looking for a good guide for beginners. Via Google I found something from EA but links were broken, and I think a fan-run guide would probably be better anyway.

Is there such a guide or tutorial around that someone can point me to? Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2014, 01:53 AM   #2
Rookie

Woody19's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: HUT guide for noobs?

I'll post my questions here, too, as they are kind of newbie questions, too:

1) How important is line chemistry? At what point is it better to dress the better overall player, rather than focusing on line chemistry? E.g. I have a defenseman who is 87 ovr, but so far I haven't played him because I'm missing another one from the same team, thus fielding two weaker d-men from the same team.

2) How do I trade injured players? I've got quite a few and due to the extraordinary high prices of injury cards I want to trade them, but somehow I only see the "trade now" option.

3) During online play: quite often, my players have problems controlling loose pucks, shooting on net or passing accurately. As I don't have these problems with the same players in offline play, I take it this also has something to do with line chemistry?

4) What's the difference between line and team chemistry?

Thanks for any advice.
Old 09-17-2014, 07:06 AM   #3
Rookie

unisol_us's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody19
I'll post my questions here, too, as they are kind of newbie questions, too:

1) How important is line chemistry? At what point is it better to dress the better overall player, rather than focusing on line chemistry? E.g. I have a defenseman who is 87 ovr, but so far I haven't played him because I'm missing another one from the same team, thus fielding two weaker d-men from the same team.

2) How do I trade injured players? I've got quite a few and due to the extraordinary high prices of injury cards I want to trade them, but somehow I only see the "trade now" option.

3) During online play: quite often, my players have problems controlling loose pucks, shooting on net or passing accurately. As I don't have these problems with the same players in offline play, I take it this also has something to do with line chemistry?

4) What's the difference between line and team chemistry?

Thanks for any advice.
I am by no means claiming to be an expert, but for the sake of good conversation I will attempt to answer your questions.

First off you need to be good at playing the game if you want to have any success at all in HUT. HUT is where the most cut throat players hang out. People who will use every gameplay trick to blow you out. If you cannot play defence you will do very poorly.

1. My best tip for you here is to create two lineups. Use one that has all of your superstar players and the other one using players that have good chemistry. The more I play the more I favor using lower rated players who play together better. Plus it is a bonus when you beat someone who has a superstar team with a much lower rated team.

2. You have to go into the auction and find a player you want to trade for. Click that player and select trade offer. From this screen you offer whoever your trade.

3. You may be correct. Like I said earlier, you need to practice, practice, practice to be good in HUT

4. Team chemistry is your overall chemistry based on all of your line chemistry.

I may be wrong but this is how I percieve the gameplay. Do a quick google search to find which combo's have the best chemistry. i.e DFD and an OFD or PLY / PLY / Sniper.
Old 09-20-2014, 06:29 AM   #4
Just started!

OVR: 0

Which card packs would be ideal to buy at first? Just save enough to buy the most expensive one or?
Old 09-20-2014, 10:26 AM   #5
MVP

Nickflyers's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterpuck
Which card packs would be ideal to buy at first? Just save enough to buy the most expensive one or?
Really that is up to you. Bigger packs give you more rates, but they might just be consumable rates. You could try to work the market(find steals, buy cheap and sell higher) to gain coins. A lot of the guys on here and various other sites(Reddit, hf) utilize this. Also going after the collections is a good way to get players also(complete a collection gets you a bunch of packs)

Twitch

YouTube Channel
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2014, 09:07 AM   #6
Rookie

I'm a HUT noob as well and I've just been playing solo against AHL teams lol. I tried playing an NHL team with about an 80 average team and got smoked down 2 goals within the first couple minutes and rage quit.

I can only imagine playing against someone online that knows what they're doing would be a disaster so I'm staying away for now. And really the only reason I'm trying HUT is because of the free packs for pre-ordering.
Old 09-23-2014, 07:13 AM   #7
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktor
I'm a HUT noob as well and I've just been playing solo against AHL teams lol. I tried playing an NHL team with about an 80 average team and got smoked down 2 goals within the first couple minutes and rage quit.

I can only imagine playing against someone online that knows what they're doing would be a disaster so I'm staying away for now. And really the only reason I'm trying HUT is because of the free packs for pre-ordering.
Actually I'd suggest you to play a few online matches. You'll get pretty much same amount of money whether you win or lose. You may lose all of them but my point is to keep attention how they play.
Old 09-23-2014, 08:13 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

RE: Chemistry

http://www.easports.com/nhl/hockey-u...3&sf31508329=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA
Achieving perfect chemistry has a huge impact on any Hockey Ultimate Team. Passes will connect easier, players set up for one-timers more effectively, and each player will receive a boost. Don’t settle for anything less than perfect chemistry as it gives a huge edge over any opponent.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Hockey Ultimate Team »