Home

Career Mode Advice For FIFA 15.

This is a discussion on Career Mode Advice For FIFA 15. within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which Lower League Team Should I Manage For Career Mode In FIFA 15?
Chesterfield 1 3.85%
Derby County 5 19.23%
Doncaster 0 0%
Mansfield Town 2 7.69%
Nottingham County 1 3.85%
Nottingham Forest 8 30.77%
Rotherham Utd 2 7.69%
Sheffield Utd 2 7.69%
Sheffield Wednesday 5 19.23%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-17-2014, 05:07 PM   #1
Rookie

BradyBunch88's Arena

OVR: 2
Career Mode Advice For FIFA 15.

Last year I really got into career mode in FIFA 14. I played it in past titles, but FIFA 14 is where it really grabbed me. So I want to continue that in FIFA 15, especially since I’ve got a PS4 now.

First off, I’m split between two choices.

1. Stick with my team, Manchester United, get them back into the UEFA Champions League and build for the future.
2. Choose a League Two team and work my way up the football leagues.

I quite fancy Southampton at the moment too, mainly because of their youth academy. Gareth Bale, Theo Walcott, Calum Chambers, Adam Lallana, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Luke Shaw. Not to mention the likes of Alan Shearer and Andy Townsend.
They have a great way of developing young, English talent which is what my methods are for career mode, to help England win the World Cup!

In FIFA 14. As soon as I started career mode, I began to rebuild. I sold most Man Utd players (Rooney, van Persie, Carrick etc.) I wanted to start a fresh. I brought in young players to develop - Eric Dier, Kurt Zouma, Yassine Benzia, Luke Shaw and kept stars like Angelo Henriquez and Adnan Januzaj.
Then, after about 3-5 seasons in, I realised how the youth academy worked. Before, I would just have a player in the academy and randomly call them up if a player got injured or something. I didn’t use the May update to my advantage.
But after that, I started to develop a youth academy team. Low and behold, I’m in my last season (yep, I’m still playing) and my whole team is my youth academy players some rated 90, 89, 88. Some rated 75, 74 etc. But developing youth players is what I like doing the most in FIFA.

So, what’s the best way to do this? Start off with the main team (Rooney, Mata, Hererra, Di Maria, Falcao) for a couple seasons whilst my youth players develop?

In ’14 I had a few house rules - could only sign players under the age of 25. Could only sign players with a max of 80 OVR. Had to sell players over the age of 28. It made the game a lot more challenging and interesting. Does anyone have any house rules they imply or are considering using in FIFA 15?

I usually play “professional” and choose the financial board as “moderate”. So I’ll be looking to up those too in ’15.

Any other cool suggestions / advice to make my FIFA 15 career mode the best, I’d be happy to hear them!

Thanks guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2014, 05:36 PM   #2
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Career Mode Advice For FIFA 15.

Some house rules I started using late into 14.
  1. Never allowed to buy more than 3 players a season.
  2. Players over 30 get sold, if they don't sell I try to loan.
  3. Any player with high demand from big teams that offer big money get sold. No exceptions, everyone is for sale for the right price.
  4. Only allowed to bring up 4 youth players a year. 5 if one is a GK. Only allowed to keep 2 on the roster for next season. Cut or sell. If loaned they get another year to prove themselves on the team.
  5. No starting 11 player can play in a cup game before the quarter finals, unless if necessary due to small roster or injury. And then they are subs, not starters.
  6. If on a 5 game winning streak. Next game must be simulated.
  7. If a player gets a red card, they will miss three games. I add two games myself to the suspension. If a player gets a suspension due to yellow build up, they miss 3 games also.
  8. Captain is always a defender or mid. Never a GK or ST. Its rotated based on performance every five games.
  9. Any player that creates a buzz about themselves in the media about being unhappy or missing home, regardless of the usual turn around that they will stay, gets traded. I don't have time for your look at me nonsense. This is a team.
I had some others, but I can't remember them right now. I have them written down at home.

I will probably make up new ones for 15 though, as the there have been changes to the CM and the management of teams. I also like to start my first one with my favorite team, play a season with them to get a good feel for the new game. Also while testing sliders. Then I start a league 2 team and try to get them to EPL. And then from there is either start over or continue with that. This year though I am doing an OS team. So I will probably do that one for the full 15 years.

Old 09-17-2014, 06:19 PM   #3
Pro

SilverChaosVII's Arena

OVR: 22

If you start with a little team and build them up, there really isn't a need for house rules. It can be quite challenging as is. However, you can still implement them if you want to make it even tougher. If you just give yourself a "strict" budget when starting the career and take a team with very little money, it's challenging and rewarding to build them up.

I think I'm going to roll with Chesterfield this year. They just got promoted to League One. They did the same a few years back but got relegated again quickly. This time I'm going to continue that surge forward and push to the top.
Old 09-17-2014, 06:47 PM   #4
Rookie

Resurrection403's Arena

OVR: 0

pick a team that you find interesting, give them a nice custom stadium too, so when you're a bigger club its not weird.

Last edited by Resurrection403; 09-18-2014 at 01:12 AM.
Old 09-17-2014, 07:12 PM   #5
Rookie

I might try a youth academy squad it seems like it would be a lot of fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2014, 11:48 PM   #6
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7

I like to take a League 2 team and try to get them to the EPL. Its fun having to build through your youth academy. Plus starting in League 2 you only get like $200,000 budget for some teams. It's really challenging the first couple of years.
Old 09-18-2014, 02:32 AM   #7
Rookie

conorjhill's Arena

Usually i'll start one with Arsenal because they're my team, it'll go for a couple of months untill i've built an amazing side and i'm just winning everything and it gets boring, then usually i'll pick a league 1 side and build them up (Bristol City in FIFA 14) but i might go to league 2 this FIFA
Old 09-18-2014, 09:13 AM   #8
VFL

kwebbvols4423's Arena

OVR: 1

I will probably start one with Chelsea and another with a lower level team. Really interested in the challenge of using a low level team.

Last edited by kwebbvols4423; 09-18-2014 at 09:16 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »