Home

I can't figure out why Zach Mettenberger sucks.

This is a discussion on I can't figure out why Zach Mettenberger sucks. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2014, 12:51 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
I can't figure out why Zach Mettenberger sucks.

Take a look at this, my 3QBs in connected franchise:

Zach Mettenberger has better throwing stats (sans 2 points less throw power than Locker) in all power and accuracy categories.

Yet, Locker can light up the field like Peyton Manning, while Mettenberger plays more like a peewee footballer.

The screenshot above doesn't show it, but confidence should not be the issue. Mettenberger's confidence is consistently in the 80s while Locker's is in the mid-70s, so he's playing true to his stats.

For years people always said awareness makes no difference for user controlled QBs, and while that should make sense, I'm starting to wonder if awareness actually does affect QB accuracy at some point.

48 awareness is alarmingly low for a QB and the only reason I haven't upgraded it yet is because I was under the impression it does nothing if you're controlling him (also because EA doesn't give you enough time to train your players week to week and it's incredibly difficult to get enough XP points to commit to it).

So with awareness being the only major disadvantage of Mettenberger's, is it possible that this could affect his throwing accuracy even if I'm controlling him? I can't find ANY other explanation and it's making me mad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2014, 12:53 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: I can't figure out why Zach Mettenberger sucks.

Oh and for the record, Locker's awareness is 69. Teehee.
Old 09-18-2014, 01:01 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

sorry, just wanted to quick point out...

i see people using "sans" as a drop in word all the time... its actual meaning is "without"... so, you basically said "without 2 points less throw power than locker", which is the opposite of what you actually meant. (which was "with 2 points less throw power")

k, sorry. heh, just thought i'd throw that out there.

my opinion is that, EA has secret, unchangeable ratings you cannot see, that factor in how well a player plays anyway...
Old 09-18-2014, 01:28 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECPackers
sorry, just wanted to quick point out...

i see people using "sans" as a drop in word all the time... its actual meaning is "without"... so, you basically said "without 2 points less throw power than locker", which is the opposite of what you actually meant. (which was "with 2 points less throw power")

k, sorry. heh, just thought i'd throw that out there.
He actually had it right. He meant that Mettenberger's throwing stats are better, with the exception of the 2 points less on throw power.
Old 09-18-2014, 01:42 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalnd
He actually had it right. He meant that Mettenberger's throwing stats are better, with the exception of the 2 points less on throw power.
*BOOM, HEADSHOT*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2014, 02:01 PM   #6
Pro

BTownSlinger's Arena

OVR: 5

If you are using controlling then I'd say it's in your head, or poor decisions etc that makes you think Zach is worse.

AWR has no affect on user controlled players and I believe that. I've played with 0 AWR QB's (created player, lower salary this way) and there aren't any downsides to it.
Old 09-18-2014, 02:08 PM   #7
Banned

TheSaints7's Arena

He is a beast in my CFM.
Old 09-18-2014, 02:21 PM   #8
Just started!

This is happened to me before mainly in ncaa but i think the concept is the same. I've have done better with qbs that have lesser stats than the other qb but yet i do better. I think its a combo of the way he throws, like his "release point" and some qbs seem to havea quicker throwing motion which helps. Sometimes with more accuate qbs you dont have to use the lead throw as much cuz it will be on target whereas with less accurate qbs you have to lead more/do more user assists to make the ball go where you want..idk if that made sense to you but yeah i have dealth with this before

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »