Home

Major issues with Fantasy CFM!

This is a discussion on Major issues with Fantasy CFM! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2014, 04:56 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0

In CPU fantasy draft, the draft rankings are completely out of whack. Colin Kaepernick and andy dalton are going in the top 10, over the likes of JJ Watt, Calvin Johnson.
A lot of STUDS are being passed up to way later then what we should be expecting them. Adrian Peterson, Jamaal Charles, Shady, Forte, are going in like round 5+. Geno Smith is getting drafted over them.
Also, Suh, Geno Atkins, Robert Quinn, Kuechly, Bowman are going in the late 2nd round.

These are completely ridiculous. My team is insanely stacked when it shouldn't be. I got Calvin Johnson with the 28th overall pick.

If you want to know my insanely overpowered team, it's something like this:

QB: Derek Carr, Zach Mettenberger, Ryan Mallet
HB: DeMarco Murray, Chris Johnson, Knile Davis
FB: Darrell Young
WR: Calvin Johnson, Marques Colston (could've drafted Percy Harvin or Cordarrelle Patterson instead, too), Brandon Cooks, Justin Hunter
TE: Ladarius Green, Joseph Fauria

LT: Matt Kalil
LG: Mike Iupati <<< I got him in the EIGHTH ROUND
C: Mike Pouncey
RG: Larry Warford
RT: Lane Johnson

LE: JPP, Dion Jordan
RE: Greg Hardy, Arthur Jones
DT: Tony Mcdaniels, Arthur Jones

LOLB: Anthony Barr
MLB: Sean Lee
ROLB: Tavares Gooden

CB's are all rookies, don't remember who
FS: LaRon Landry
SS: Kam Chancellor

EA NEEDS TO FIX THIS ASAP...Or if anyone knows if there's a roster (I'm on PS3) I should download that would allow for smarter CPU intelligence. Because this is game breaking in fantasy CFM
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2014, 05:20 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Re: Major issues with Fantasy CFM!

Some of these players falling can make sense. Like you getting Megatron late. Most guy will take an elite QB in the first round. Also you have to think what positions matter the most in football. those are QB, WR, LT, LCB, pass rusher. So that gives an excuse for all those rb's being taken late. Just a thought that's all.
Old 09-18-2014, 06:04 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Some of these players falling can make sense. Like you getting Megatron late. Most guy will take an elite QB in the first round. Also you have to think what positions matter the most in football. those are QB, WR, LT, LCB, pass rusher. So that gives an excuse for all those rb's being taken late. Just a thought that's all.
Oh believe me, I completely understand that factors play a roll in to this (franchise Lt's, franchise QB's, dominate Cb's get drafted) and that rb's aren't valued as high as they were in years past. but I think PP fell to the middle of the 2nd round, haden to the 3rd, Cam wake(age, understandable), robert quinn, and hardy were there by my 2nd pick (37th ovr). JJ Watt wasn't even a top 20 pick. But Andy Dalton was. Kapernick was. And those aren't elite QB's by a wide margin. I think what EA failed to do was distinguish what really is a franchise player and what isn't.
What really surprised me was that even young Rb's were being falling wayy too late. Alfred morris, DeMarco Murray, Doug Martin, Eddy Lacy were available at round 8. I don't think there are 240 players better then them. And on top of this, you have the elite guys going a bit past round 5; McCoy, Arian Foster, Jamaal Charles, Forte, AP...
You're going to have to go through a fantasy draft yourself to understand what I'm saying. You'll be scratching your head at some picks. Maybe i'll run another draft and post the results.
Old 09-18-2014, 08:27 PM   #4
Rookie

Ok so i'm doing another draft. Some reaches (or not, you guys decide) :
#5 Rivers - NOS
#10 Foles - IND
#11 Kaepernick - TB
#21 Big ben - PHI
#24 Dalton - MIA
#32 Khalil Mack - CIN
#35 Alex Smith - OAK
#37 Tannehill - BUF
#40 Flacco - DEN
#50 Glennon - ARI
#76 Bradford - NYJ
#88 Byron Maxwell - Tenn
#122 Geno Smith - Tenn
#151 Logan Ryan (Went BEFORE ANY RB)

By pick #240, these players were still here:
Alfred Morris
DeMarco Murray
Eddie Lacy
Arian Foster
TJ Ward
Doug Martin
Kendall Wright
Linval Joseph
CJ spiller
Le'Veon Bell
Mike Iupati
Roddy White
Evan Mathis [I took him in the 12th round]
Donte Whitner
Victor Cruz

And here is my final roster:
QB: Derek Carr, Mike Vick
RB: DeMarco Murray, Chris Johnson, Ryan Williams
FB: Will Ta'ufo'ou
WR: Calvin Johnson, Cordarrelle Patterson, Stephen Hill, Brandon Cooks
TE: Jimmy Graham, Owen Daniels

And here's where Oline is interesting:
LT: Greg Robinson [Lg originally]
LG: Mike Iupati
C: John Sullivan
RG: Larry Warford
RT: Evan Mathis [LG originally]

I got Mathis and Iupati in the 17?th/18th round, WAY too good of value to pass up

LE: Carlos Dunlap
RE: JPP
DT: Devon Still, Recardo Matthews, Ego Ferguson

LOLB: anthony Barr, Stevenson Sylvester
MLB: Demario Davis, Zach Brown, Jeff Tarpinian
ROLB: Corey Lemoniour, Brandon Watts

CB: Darius Slay, Josh Robinson, Buster Skrine, Dontae Johnson
FS: Jimmie Ward, MD Jennings
SS: Kenny Vacarro, Corey Lynch

So, yeah. I built the most unstoppable offense in Madden because the CPU AI is seriously flawed. They value ANY qb very high.
Old 09-18-2014, 08:55 PM   #5
Pro

I would bet most of the teams are just as good as yours. ..this isn't an issue for ea to fix. Fantasy draft is always a crapshoot and just for fun anyway...non issue IMO
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2014, 02:35 PM   #6
Rookie

I noticed the CPU was overvaluing QBs and undervaluing elite players when I did a quick test of the fantasy draft.

Week 3 rosters just came out but before using Week 2 I was able to get JJ Watt with the 1st pick late (The Texans drafted QB Alex Smith 1 pick before me), Calvin Johnson in the 2nd, and Shady McCoy in the 3rd (AP and Charles were still there in the 4th).

I understand the CPU emphasis on franchise QB but they shouldn't be drafting crappy ones in the 1st just because all the good ones were already taken.

If you're the only human player you can just not scoop all the all stars that fall and eventually the CPU teams will take them.

Or you can control each team and try to make the best pick for each one which would take a while.

In last years game in the 2nd season of my fantasy drafts when my team was developed I would add a Hall of Famer to all the CPU teams and give them one that would best help each team
Old 09-19-2014, 03:28 PM   #7
Rookie

Guccilafluer's Arena

OVR: 2

I don't know if you've played a season yet or what but you're team doesn't look that good.. They value QBs so high because they are the commander of your offense.

You're gonna have a rough first season with Derek Carr, plus it all depends on your coaching staff and scheme.. I got a team equivalent to yours and went 2-14 the first year while simming.

To each his own, I'm just saying, sure the CPU may overvalue QBs but for a good reason.. I don't think your team will be as good as you think.. Depth plays a huge role too, injuries are very common.. I lost 3 starting lineman in my first year and it wreaked havoc.

Unless you're just amazing at madden or play on a lower difficulty level or cheese. I bet you'll go 9-7 at best first season.
Old 09-19-2014, 04:45 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guccilafluer
I don't know if you've played a season yet or what but you're team doesn't look that good.. They value QBs so high because they are the commander of your offense.

You're gonna have a rough first season with Derek Carr, plus it all depends on your coaching staff and scheme.. I got a team equivalent to yours and went 2-14 the first year while simming.

To each his own, I'm just saying, sure the CPU may overvalue QBs but for a good reason.. I don't think your team will be as good as you think.. Depth plays a huge role too, injuries are very common.. I lost 3 starting lineman in my first year and it wreaked havoc.

Unless you're just amazing at madden or play on a lower difficulty level or cheese. I bet you'll go 9-7 at best first season.

Ya the D doesn't look great especially on the second team but there's probably enough athletic young players late to put together a good squad if you put in the time.

If you're simming the games obviously you're going to have a very different outcome then if you're playing.

I'm interested to see how the consistency rating works, I've just got the game and been playing play now games, not sure if it's included in that.

For those that now can you upgrade your players consistency rating with XP, does it happen on it's own or not at all?

It makes sense that teams go after the franchise QB early they just shouldn't reach like I said testing out the fantasy draft I had one of the last picks in the 1st, the Texans were 1 pick before me and passed over JJ Watt a perfect fit and plenty of other All-Pros like Megatron, Shady Suh etc so they could take.... Alex Smith. The old crappy QB.

It would just be nice if after targeting the elite young prospects like Wilson, Luck, Newton etc the best in his prime Rodgers and the elite vets like Manning, Brees Brady they passed on the crappy QBs and projects until atleast a few later rounds and went after the much better players. Not the end of the world.

How do auto-subs work this year and in franchise mode?

In M25 I would play 8-10 minute quarters with no accelerated clock. The "auto-sub" was so broken and non-existant in franchise (I couldn't get my guys to sub out when tired and/or sub back in when better) I just set the fatigue really low and around the 4th quarter the starters would start to get tired and turn light blue/yellow.

In the new Madden in the play now games the guys are getting tired quickly (sometimes in a single drive or even just a few plays) but they're actually subbing out and actually subbing back in pretty soon when they're better.

Is it the same in franchise?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »