Home

Best Slot Receivers on a Budget

This is a discussion on Best Slot Receivers on a Budget within the Madden Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2014, 01:54 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Best Slot Receivers on a Budget

What's a good slot receiver I can get for fairly cheap? I've tried out a few different ones, and want to know who I can look at. I have Antonio Brown and Reggie Wayne on the outside, so on pretty good there, but my slot has been questionable. I've recently run with Eddie Royal, and have been toying with putting Darren Sproles out there, but I don't think its working too well. I really want the Percy Harvin, but I'm not sure I'm willing to pay the 20k to get him, especially if there's someone who works well I can get for cheaper.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2014, 02:42 AM   #2
We're Going Farming

Equinox831's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Best Slot Receivers on a Budget

Wes Welker is half the price and what he lacks in speed compared to Percy, he makes up with the ability to get open and not drop anything thrown his way. In the slot you want a receiver that can create separation and not drop anything thrown his way. Percy creates with speed, but he has poor route running and if he gets hit over the middle he's prone to drop the ball on occasion. Wes is SLOW so don't send him deep, but he creates separation by running awesome routes that leave defenders flat footed and if you throw him the ball in a tight window he'll hold on to it every time. At 10k he's a good option.

If you want more speed, check out the TOTW Emmanuel Sanders. He's like a hybrid between Percy and Wes featuring great speed with good catch in traffic and route running. He's kind of a best of both worlds receiver that works in the slot or out wide, but he'll run you around 15k.
Old 09-28-2014, 07:28 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 25

If you're talking really cheap Harry Douglas is a good option. I roll with Evans and Patterson on the outside, Harry in the slot.
Year 3 - 11-5
Old 09-28-2014, 07:34 PM   #4
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Blitz
What's a good slot receiver I can get for fairly cheap? I've tried out a few different ones, and want to know who I can look at. I have Antonio Brown and Reggie Wayne on the outside, so on pretty good there, but my slot has been questionable. I've recently run with Eddie Royal, and have been toying with putting Darren Sproles out there, but I don't think its working too well. I really want the Percy Harvin, but I'm not sure I'm willing to pay the 20k to get him, especially if there's someone who works well I can get for cheaper.
I don't do the M.U.T., however, I do use the Run & Shoot offense and there are some killer slot receivers that you can get cheap - two always get released, no idea why - and the other is a Free Agent.

They are:

Dri Archer - fastest player in the game with 98 speed and 97 accel and he never drops a pass

Keyshawn Martin - Texans always release this guy. Very clutch performer

Davone Bess - Free Agent and a guy who I don't think I've ever seen go down on the first hit, he always fights for and picks up extra yardage and also catches everything you throw his way

Old 09-29-2014, 11:29 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 0

Gold Marquise Goodwin of the bills super fast and good catching
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2014, 05:04 PM   #6
Rookie

Hammettf2b's Arena

OVR: 2

Iv'e been using Edelman. The dude catches everything.
Old 10-03-2014, 10:25 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

I used T.Y. Hilton before snagging a Percy Harvin. Hilton worked just fine.
Old 11-13-2014, 10:37 PM   #8
Rookie

youngdro_NT's Arena

OVR: 3

T.Y. Is great in the slot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden Ultimate Team »