Home

The Slider Set That Sparkles (Post Patch)

This is a discussion on The Slider Set That Sparkles (Post Patch) within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2014, 03:24 PM   #1
Pro

mikeymayhem's Arena

OVR: 3
The Slider Set That Sparkles (Post Patch)

Ok guys so I have finally got enough time put in the game since the 1.04 patch and 1.02 tuner to draw up some sliders for us all, As of right now I cannot remember a time where I have actually be this happy with the on ice game I mean I really feel I got all aspects down with these latest sliders.

I have taken the best of what I liked and put them into one slider set so I will no longer have two up on the main page cause I think that just adds to much confusion and I actually don't feel the need to switch between the two anymore
I'm also now rocking 8 minute periods so if your going to use these I would advice playing with period lengths also at 8 because the amount of time you choose obviously plays a big role in how my speed and fatigue settings are.

Puck control is back down to 0/0 for each side cause I really like the loose style play and battles for possession in the corners, I would of used this forever ago but I could not for the life of me figure out how to get this style of play without doubling shots and TOA attack but thats all sorted out now.

You guys well mostly Robinson will be happy to see that my speed has dropped a lot and Im now actually really liking the gameplay with lower speed settings.

Ai settings haven't changed at all I still have difficulty on 3 all though you can have that set to what ever you like and penalty settings are still set at full and all that good stuff.

My passing settings Have pretty much stayed the same with reception and accuracy at 0 for all and Im still really liking the speed at 3/3 so thats the same too.

Shooting has also mostly stayed the same with power back up to 3 and all the shot accuracy settings at 2 with a exception of the CPU's favorite shot selection the ONE-TIMER OF DOOM!!!!

Now my checking sliders are where things change a bunch, For Northmens sake I lowered the hitting down to 1/1 and its much better now in terms of getting closelined by the AI all the time.

I maxed aggression out and didn't really know if I liked it so I put it back down to 3 and the difference was like night and day, what it does is makes the cpu take away your time and space and makes it very difficult to control the puck in the opponents zone.

On top of that I found my poke checking game was far superior to the CPU'S especially since having the puck control so low so I had to give them the advantage in poke and stick check to balance it back out.

With the difficult slider the cpu does get some advantages and those are in scoring and goaltending so to balance those out I dropped the cpus goalie reaction time and upped the humans.

I'm seeing a lot more rebounds and HUGE variety of different goals both for me and them.

Overall since sticking with these tweeks for about 12 games now each game has been a lot fun and not a single one has played out the same, I've had high scoring games, late game heroics for both sides, extremely low scoring games, and games where either side completely dominates.

I have even been out shot and they have beaten me on time on attack and thats super rare hahaha.

So ya like always changes will be thrown up on the first page and of course looking foward to your feedback as always cheers guys.
\.

Rules
8-minutes
Superstar

MAKE SURE YOU SET THIS TO ARCADE, IT WILL SWITCH TO CUSTOM ON ITS OWN BUT IT HAS TO BE ARCADE FIRST.

penalties:6
Relaxed
Penalty scaling: 4

(CPU is always the first number then Human)

Version 3.03 November 30th

General
Attribute Effects- 3
Broken Stick- 2
Game Speed- 2
Gameplay Version: latest
Fatigue Effect- 3/3
Fatigue Recovery- 2/2
Injuries- 3/3
Player Acceleration- 1/1
Puck Control- 3/3

AI
AI learning- 4
Bap Strategy- 3
Cpu Difficulty- 0
Cpu Faceoff- 3
Cpu Strategy- 4
Cpu Penalties- 6
Cpu Team Penalties- 6
Fight Difficulty- 4
User Strategy (totally up to you but I use 0 cause i like doing this myself)

Passing
Manual on
Pass Assist- 1
Pass Speed- 1
Saucer Speed- 0
Pass Accuracy- 3/3
Pass Interceptions- 6/6
Pass Reception- 0/0

Shooting
One Timer-0/1
Shot Accuracy- 0/1
Shot Power- 3/3
Slapshot Accuracy- 1/2
Slapshot Power- 4/4

Checking
Hitting assistance- 0
Aggression- 3/3
Hitting Power- 2/2
Poke Effect- 6/6
Stick Lift-6/6

Goalies
Goalie Cover- 6
Goalie Passing- 5
Goalie reaction- 2/2
Goalie Screen- 3/3

Last edited by mikeymayhem; 12-01-2014 at 05:07 PM. Reason: adding photos
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2014, 04:29 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The Slider Set That Sparkles (Post Patch)

How many minutes do you play on?
Old 10-02-2014, 04:40 PM   #3
Pro

mikeymayhem's Arena

WOW I forgot that hey.... I play 10 minute periods
Old 10-02-2014, 04:44 PM   #4
Banned

What are your shooting controls? Manual? Auto?
Old 10-02-2014, 04:44 PM   #5
Pro

mikeymayhem's Arena

They should work alright with 8 minute as well though
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2014, 04:51 PM   #6
MVP

northmen24's Arena

OVR: 1

I will definitely try these tonight. I'm not 100% satisfied with my sliders I posted here. I was. But then the new tuner today and it's is just too tempting to not use. I had previously decided on sticking with version 1.00.

I am not a fan of manual passing. But I will give it a shot with what you have here. I will post my thoughts and observations afterwards.

Appreciate the effort and you posting these.

BTW. What is hit assistance at?
Old 10-02-2014, 04:54 PM   #7
Rookie

I haven't tried superstar yet, is it too tough? I'll give these a try.
Old 10-02-2014, 04:55 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkvitz89
I haven't tried superstar yet, is it too tough? I'll give these a try.
Superstar isn't too bad, just DON'T TURN THE PUCK OVER IN YOUR DEFENSIVE END! You will get punished haha

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »