Home

Loading "Freeze" Issue (PS3)

This is a discussion on Loading "Freeze" Issue (PS3) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2014, 02:16 PM   #1
Rookie

TarMond's Arena

OVR: 0
Loading "Freeze" Issue (PS3)

Out of nowhere, I can't even play a game anymore (Exhibition or Dynasty). It just stays at the loading screen. Doesn't freeze necessarily, just never finishes loading (loading circle keeps rotating, tutorial/hint/game features pictures keep changing). I've let it sit there for a couple hours, still nothing.

At first, I thought it was a potential jersey or custom playbook glitch, so I've tried playing different combinations (mixing alternate and default jerseys, custom and default playbooks). Still no luck. Even factory restored my PS3. Nothing. NCAA was the only reason I kept my PS3. Probably going to trade it in now. Any ideas?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2014, 02:28 PM   #2
Rookie

CzarOfFootball's Arena

Re: Loading "Freeze" Issue (PS3)

Have you tried any other games on your PS3? If not try another and see if the same thing happens? Ask your buddy, if he/she lives close by, could play your game on his console and see if the same thing happens? If he has the game maybe you can borrow your friends and check. Do those things before you spend $ on another disc.
Old 10-14-2014, 04:26 PM   #3
Rookie

SaboPack's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm having the exact same issue. I'm using NCAA 2013, but with updated rosters.

I get to week 8, and it just perpetually loads. It will still show you "user tips", and "coach tips", etc, but the game will never begin.

This really sucks. Has anyone figured out a fix that works for either NCAA 2014 or 2013?

I'm wondering whether it had to do with my re-adjusting some of the conferences, but not all. If anyone has any idea or an idea where to look to find out, please let me know.
Old 10-15-2014, 07:52 AM   #4
Pro

metallicarl's Arena

OVR: 2

I've had this issue before and it was caused by using an edited or converted roster. Does it happen with one team or all teams? My issue was one team, every time I tried to play with or against Duke it would just spin like you described. The issue was one player on the team had purple face caused by converting the roster. Just went thru the team player by player hitting edit player in game until I found the guy. Then I toggled the players skin tone and made his skin tone correct and game worked fine. If its more than one team there might be multiple players like this. Had another issue similar to this where there were too many players on a team caused by editing a 13 roster that had been converted to a 14. Only way to fix that is using the NCAA editor to delete the extra players.
Old 12-01-2018, 01:51 PM   #5
Rookie

fsulethalsimplicity's Arena

Metallicarl is exactly right about the issue. Go through the rosters AND COACHES and make sure their skin tone is a normal color. I tried playing against Oregon and game froze because Oregon coach was neon green colored. It's a simple fix.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »