Home

Fix for "No green box" on XB1 face scan

This is a discussion on Fix for "No green box" on XB1 face scan within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2014, 03:40 AM   #1
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35
Fix for "No green box" on XB1 face scan

Had the frustrating problem where the box won't go green no matter what?

On the XB1, the face scan tech seems to be tied to the xbox's facial recognition program (the Kinnect tech that recognizes you and signs you in automatically).

Whenever you move the camera, the actual XB1 facial recognition program is likely to reset and "lose" you, and the 2K face scanning program can't seem to find users on it's own. This can be corrected in two ways:

1. While still in the 2K face scan program (stuck on red), step back far enough for the camera to see your upper torso, and raise your hand above your head. This allows the Xbox to recapture you as the signed in profile. You will see the background change to black and white, and only a small area around your face appears in color. Huzzah! The box will immediately turn green, and you can go back to creating your nightmarish abominations! If the entire camera window is in color, the XBOX doesn't have you recognized, and you won't get the green facial box.

2. Go to the profile sign-in box in the upper left corner. Select the option that says "I wasn't recognized". Once selected, the XBOX will instruct you to raise your hand above your head, and re-aquire you as the recognized person attached to the profile. Then run the 2K face scan and you'll be back to getting the green box almlost immediately.

You usually encounter this issue when you interrupt the scan (stuck on 4%), get too close, or physically move the camera.

Didn't see this posted anywhere, sorry if old...Hope this helps.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2014, 06:22 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Fix for "No green box" on XB1 face scan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMcCoy
Had the frustrating problem where the box won't go green no matter what?

On the XB1, the face scan tech seems to be tied to the xbox's facial recognition program (the Kinnect tech that recognizes you and signs you in automatically).

Whenever you move the camera, the actual XB1 facial recognition program is likely to reset and "lose" you, and the 2K face scanning program can't seem to find users on it's own. This can be corrected in two ways:

1. While still in the 2K face scan program (stuck on red), step back far enough for the camera to see your upper torso, and raise your hand above your head. This allows the Xbox to recapture you as the signed in profile. You will see the background change to black and white, and only a small area around your face appears in color. Huzzah! The box will immediately turn green, and you can go back to creating your nightmarish abominations! If the entire camera window is in color, the XBOX doesn't have you recognized, and you won't get the green facial box.

2. Go to the profile sign-in box in the upper left corner. Select the option that says "I wasn't recognized". Once selected, the XBOX will instruct you to raise your hand above your head, and re-aquire you as the recognized person attached to the profile. Then run the 2K face scan and you'll be back to getting the green box almlost immediately.

You usually encounter this issue when you interrupt the scan (stuck on 4%), get too close, or physically move the camera.

Didn't see this posted anywhere, sorry if old...Hope this helps.
This is the problem i bee having, i have to be far away for the box to turn green so imma try this. I should be 6-12 inches not 20 lol
Old 10-09-2014, 11:54 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

I step back 3 to 4 feet until it recognizes me (screen goes gray scale) then I move forward to be about 2 to 2 1/2 feet from the kinect to get the green box. At that spot, it scans great. If I get a little too close, the box is still green, but it loses tracking when I turn my head. When this happens, back up an inch or two.
Old 10-09-2014, 08:39 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Still can't get close enough to have a good scan. This feature is broken.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »