Home

Player of the Game Not Working? PS4

This is a discussion on Player of the Game Not Working? PS4 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2014, 12:19 AM   #1
Pro

Clarityman's Arena

OVR: 5
Player of the Game Not Working? PS4

I just got NBA 2k15 today and the first few games I played, Player of the Game worked perfectly. It was nice watching the game in motion (I'll never get over the removal of post-game highlights for all players-- never).

But recently, the last few games it hasn't worked at all. The game automatically saves VC points, and then cuts to the end game screen. There's no option to rewatch the Player of the Game mode either.

A reboot did not solve the problem.

Anyone else run into this? Is there an option I can toggle or turn off to get Player of the Game highlights back?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2014, 12:49 AM   #2
Pro

dazzelle's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Player of the Game Not Working? PS4

Played my 1st game last night and also never got player of the game even though they said here is your player of the game but just went straight to the menu.

Also a few other things i noticed.Mind i have only played the one game.

They mention stats and talk like we are supposed to be able to see them on screen but there's nothing there.

When the away team is taking free throws the crowd is going crazy banging those clapper things but there's no crowd noise.

Can not watch player highlights after the game.Sure this was possible in past nba2k games.
Old 10-11-2014, 01:07 AM   #3
Rookie

Your luckier than me 5 games in haven't got one player of the game screen yet. This game is buggy as hell.
Old 10-11-2014, 01:31 AM   #4
Rookie

"The Veal"'s Arena

Can confirm. Got the game the night it came out and I have yet to see a POTG screen. Any game I'm in, Quick Game, MyLEAGUE, Kevin Harlam will go "And our player of the game __insert name here__" and then it'll just cut straight to the Box Score & Quit screen. Was looking forward to that screen too that I saw on the Ronnie live stream with Kobe.
Old 10-11-2014, 01:33 AM   #5
Pro

Clarityman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOGO head ray
Your luckier than me 5 games in haven't got one player of the game screen yet. This game is buggy as hell.
Ugh. That's what I was worried about.

It does seem rather buggy in a lot of places. I'm not even messing around with MyPlayer or any online modes, just the main game.

Highlights are one of the main reasons I fell in love with this series. Losing them really hurts for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2014, 01:42 AM   #6
Pro

I've gotten POTG when playing 6 minute quarters but any other higher than that it won't work. Same problem with 2k14 and also 2k13 I believe .
Old 10-11-2014, 02:18 AM   #7
Pro

Clarityman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjthomas121
I've gotten POTG when playing 6 minute quarters but any other higher than that it won't work. Same problem with 2k14 and also 2k13 I believe .

!!! You're right! That's what it is! When it was working, I had it set to 6 minute quarters. I bumped it up to 10 for more realistic stats and I can't go back.

WOW. What a failure. So 2k never bothered to patch it for 2k14? I skipped last year and never regretted it. This REALLY saddens me. I have to really consider whether I'm gonna keep this or sell it back quickly.

EDIT: For 2k13 for PS3, I used to have 10 or 12 minute quarters and POTG worked just fine.
Old 10-11-2014, 02:20 AM   #8
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

^^ This was a problem in NBA 2K14 and I confirm that the bug/glitch still exists in NBA 2K15.

NFL - Carolina Panthers
NBA - Charlotte Hornets
MLB - Cincinnati Reds
College Basketball - Wake Forest
NCAA Football - Appalachian State

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »